Value of: Adin Hill - 2023 Unrestricted Free Agent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
7M for 6 years to the Sens. This guy is going to get paid this summer especially if he wins the cup. He's going to get more than Keumper because he's younger.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen and elchud

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Admin Hill Stanley Cup Champion will re-sigh with Vegas so they can repeat next season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Think this makes sense for Buffalo. They're still kinda in the rebuild phase so do you really want to be giving up 1sts for like Hellebuyck.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Could see buffalo being interested if the contract is relatively fair and they don't land any big fish like hellebuyck. Assuming they'd atleast want insurance around levi or a split 1a,1b type of thing.

Sold! I hate goalie shopping, because as voodoo as it is all the guys we’ve tried have just stayed bad. Might as well try a guy who played well for a solid stretch.

Wait, think we did that with Hutton. Ah well, if the price is decent he might not be the worst choice.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
7M for 6 years to the Sens. This guy is going to get paid this summer especially if he wins the cup. He's going to get more than Keumper because he's younger.
Darcy kuemper was already an established above average #1 goalie in his career. He isn't getting anywhere close to 7×6 and that'd be a terrible contract to whoever offered it. He's behind a great defensive team. Look at the difference in grubauer with Colorado great defense to a lesser defense in Seattle.

He does have okay career numbers. I'll say 4×4 or 3x5mil

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Darcy kuemper was already an established above average #1 goalie in his career. He isn't getting anywhere close to 7×6 and that'd be a terrible contract to whoever offered it. He's behind a great defensive team. Look at the difference in grubauer with Colorado great defense to a lesser defense in Seattle.

Yeah if he keeps up his play I would think the ask would be somewhere between what Binnington got as a 25yo RFA, and what Kuemper got as a 27yo UFA.

So his agent would probably be salivating at the thought of a 4 year 20M deal on the open market.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Vegas playing style and defensive structure is kind to goaltenders. Put Adin Hill on the Oilers and he would be exposed like Jeff Skinner.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Except there's a massive difference. Hill is posting a .930SV% since taking over for Brossaot and he's been very very good for Vegas. Has kept them in it many times. Whereas Kemper leeched off an all star Blueline and posted some of the worst stats ever for a cup winning goalie.

No way Vegas is even gets past Edmonton, let alone the cup final if Brossaot never got injured.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Except there's a massive difference. Hill is posting a .930SV% since taking over for Brossaot and he's been very very good for Vegas. Has kept them in it many times. Whereas Kemper leeched off an all star Blueline and posted some of the worst stats ever for a cup winning goalie.

No way Vegas is even gets past Edmonton, let alone the cup final if Brossaot never got injured.
I don't know. Brossoit has looked insane behind Vegas defence at times too at end reg season and in the Winnipeg series and Skinner was trash for the oilers either way. I do think hebgave better chance.

But overall, I think giving a guy a contract because he won a cup is a stupid investment. It's a team game and playoffs are random. Bobrovsky has looked like trash in playoffs when he was in prime of his career and now on downside of his career has been elite in playoffs. It's just regular ups and downs like the regular season, notnif a guy is playoff goalie.

I think hill is combination of great defense and just on a hot streak.

But guy like halak, darling, Murray binnington oettinger last year and others have all had hotnstreaks before in playoffs and it wasn't indicative of how rest of career would be.

Hill has a career .910 sv% while he played on some lesser teams than Vegas previously. Solid but not amazing. Hes also had many injury problems the last 2 years. His style of positional goaltending with size should hild up as long as he has silid defense built around him. I think he should be looked at in market as a 1a at most though. He definitely shouldn't be treated as a top 5 goalie in the league based off a small sample playoff run.

I'd also like to add that kuemper played fine in the first series til his eye got poked out. Even though he returned to playing the next series, he eventually sat out another game due to his eye bothering him and having had swelling the whole time.

I don't think it's far fetched to think his play suffered agzernthat first series because he wasn't seeing 100% due to brusing and swelling at that just seeing puck a1/10th of a second later is a major difference in being able to react on time.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Kuemper got 5.25x5 after winning a cup and having 3 times the games played compared to Hill. I could see hill getting 4x3.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There is a very real possibility that Adin Hill could be the Cup winning goaltender for the Vegas Golden Knights. Just turned 27 years old and has played for 3 teams mostly as a backup. He came in for an injured Laurent Brossoit in the Oilers series and has posted strong numbers. Figure he should get an opportunity somewhere this summer.
He’s played well but let’s not forget the coach and system he’s playing in. All 5-6 goalies Vegas played this year had bloated stats. They force everything outside. Much easier on a goaltender. It’s just not the easiest thing to do without 6 quality dmen.

He’s likely NOT going back to Vegas. Some team is going to give him more than they will. They’ll just go back to Thompson next year.

He’ll get a job as a 1B because of this 10 game stretch and his stats this year. Although he likely reverts back to what we’ve seen before.

Unless he just decides to stay in Vegas and share the net with Thompson on the cheap. Meaning a 3 year deal at around $2.5. He’ll get $4 on the open market now.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Dude, your 10,000 posts into this forum and you came up with a take like this?

LMFAO?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hasek is a pretty awful example to point to. The only reason he wasn't a starter much sooner is because (1) the iron curtain kept him out of the NHL, and (2) when he finally did make it over here, the team that held his rights already had Ed Belfour.

Well, he also didn't play well really until his 4th year over here, regardless of them having Belfour.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

He has played all of 12 playoff games. One bad game and that save percentage takes a big hit. No way a guy on a good team who played only 27 games during the season is getting a big money deal, Cup or no Cup. At best he gets a 3 or 4 year (3-4.5m per year range) deal which will likely be a regrettable deal for whoever gives it to him as UFA's always get more money than they should and the goalie market is thin.

Much more likely he gets a 2-3 year deal in the 2.5-3.5 range.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Well, he also didn't play well really until his 4th year over here, regardless of them having Belfour.
His sv% was above league average all 3 years of his first years as well as gaa below league average. Mid .880s sv% and was the average back then which started finally increasing in 94.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
For hill i'm sure a team will give him 4.5M for 6 Years or 6M for 3 years. All depend what he wants

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
As a comparable, Michael Leighton's rise from 3rd stringer to SCF starter as a 27YO impending UFA earned him an around 2.5x raise in AAV (to what was 2.61% of the cap at the time) for two years the day before he was to become a UFA.

For Hill, the same raise would put him above 5.5M. The % of cap however, puts him at around $4.75M. That's the same AAV the Wings gave Husso for 3 years last summer, with Husso having a much shorter resume than Hill.

To me, $4-5M for 2 or 3 years seems to make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad