Value of: Adin Hill - 2023 Unrestricted Free Agent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If I’m Vegas I let him go and go with Thompson (for stupid cheap) next year and someone else. Lehner probably won’t play again.

Do what Colorado did with Kuemper and let him cash in elsewhere.

Don’t do what Dallas did with Khudobin.

To be fair, Khudobin was much older and also had a larger resume of being shit at the NHL level than Hill does.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Buffalo's top priority has to be goaltending. Nothing beats filling your top priority without giving up any assets.

Reactions: elchud

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is Binnington not the comparable? He was almost sent to Boston's farm team to make room for other goalies and then ended up winning the Cup with STL
Not really. Binnington was roughly a year younger and had no NHL experience prior to that year, other than a relief appearance. Hill has played several years in the league full time now.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Buffalo's top priority has to be goaltending. Nothing beats filling your top priority without giving up any assets.
For Buffalo priority top 4 D. We need a goaltender too, but Hill wouldn't be my number one choice, he looked good in Vegas, but Buffalo has a very different system and defense.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Has all the hallmarks of a future mistake for some team imo. The most games he’s ever played in a season is 27. Vegas has started like a dozen goalies, and they’ve all posted good numbers, so there’s a big system factor there. Top that off with a playoff hotstreak, and you might get someone to bite on paying him like a starter, which I’m guessing won’t age well if it happens.
Hill screams future Jack Campbell.

We shall see.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
He's probably going to get 3-4 years @ $4.5-$5.5 million and I've got no interest from a Sens perspective at that price.

Coming back to Vegas at a slight discount might be what ends up making the most sense for him as far as an on-ice perspective but I wouldn't be surprised to see him cash in with a team like Buffalo/Columbus since this may be his only real shot at big money.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Some goalies are difference makers and elevate their team. Other goalies need to be just good enough to let the team in front of them get the job done. Hill is the latter. I don't see him having much success on most other teams.
Depends on if those teams can protect Hill like Vegas did. If they can, he probably will be fine.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
this can go very bad for vegas. this is the goalie that got you a cup. if you dont resign him or if you try to low ball him with a cheap 3 year 4-5 mil per contract you tell the WORLD and ALL nhl future players that might consider signing with Vegas just what you think of hockey players. VERY BAD. Thanks for the CUP but I wont pay you.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
this can go very bad for vegas. this is the goalie that got you a cup. if you dont resign him or if you try to low ball him with a cheap 3 year 4-5 mil per contract you tell the WORLD and ALL nhl future players that might consider signing with Vegas just what you think of hockey players. VERY BAD. Thanks for the CUP but I wont pay you.
They literally dumped Fleury immediately after a Vezina win. That'll do more damage than letting the backup goalie walk as a UFA.

I really like Hill and what he's done, but Vegas was winning the cup with any league average goalie in net.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Has 101 nhl regular season games spread out over 6 seasons. Most ever played in a single season is 27 games. SV% has been pretty decent. Just not sure he can handle a starters workload. Probably wont matter because someone is going to pay him to. I think he gets the Elvis or Nedeljkovic type 2-3 year deal at 4M.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Given the Knights cap sitation, i doubt the Knights will be able to re-sign him. So i wish him luck to wherever he goes. Us Knight fans will remember him forever.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
If I’m Vegas I let him go and go with Thompson (for stupid cheap) next year and someone else. Lehner probably won’t play again.

Do what Colorado did with Kuemper and let him cash in elsewhere.

Don’t do what Dallas did with Khudobin.

To be fair, Khudobin was much older and also had a larger resume of being shit at the NHL level than Hill does.
I don't think hill was as bad as people act. He had about league average stats with Phoenix and sharks despite them being terrible teams. He had a good defense this year and was above league average stats. Now he will get signed to a bad contract, but i think he is a fine 1b albeit one with durability issues the last 2 years and will definitely get overpaid.

Vegas might want to see if they can get brossoit back cheap. He did well with them in limited time reg season and since he got injured and hill did better in playoffs he might not be able to cash out.

Reactions: Bleedred

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Not really. Binnington was roughly a year younger and had no NHL experience prior to that year, other than a relief appearance. Hill has played several years in the league full time now.
He was only full time this year and the year prior with San Jose. He was 3rd string in Arizona but got a few callups cuz both raanta and kuemper were made of glass

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
If you are a GM id imagine you would be scared to go over 3 years x $4 million. Im sure his agent will try to get more but I could also see the agent overplaying the playoff performance and it coming back to bite them.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
3x3 is what i keep coming up with. Not sure i'm sold on him, Vegas plays a smothering and physical defensive game that not many other teams can replicate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad