Value of: Adin Hill - 2023 Unrestricted Free Agent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
My issue with Hill is that he has never played more than 27 games in any regular season. So all of sudden paying him starter money and expecting him to just play twice as many games+ is a big leap. He has never played that many games in his pro career. And then to expect him to keep the same performance level.......

I am very hesitant to give him starter money when he hasn't shown he can be a starter. The playoffs are a totally different animal than being relied on to be there for your team for 55-65 games.

Jul 6, 2016
If Hill help Vegas to win the Cup, the vaults are going to open for him all over the league.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
As a comparable, Michael Leighton's rise from 3rd stringer to SCF starter as a 27YO impending UFA earned him an around 2.5x raise in AAV (to what was 2.61% of the cap at the time) for two years the day before he was to become a UFA.

For Hill, the same raise would put him above 5.5M. The % of cap however, puts him at around $4.75M. That's the same AAV the Wings gave Husso for 3 years last summer, with Husso having a much shorter resume than Hill.

To me, $4-5M for 2 or 3 years seems to make sense.

Horrendous.

Not FOR Hill but for whomever is dumb enough to look at his resume and the context of his current run and think he's anything but a backup.

4-5M? Yeah right.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Horrendous.

Not FOR Hill but for whomever is dumb enough to look at his resume and the context of his current run and think he's anything but a backup.

4-5M? Yeah right.

Highlighted will be the key. His agent certainly isn't going to have any trouble pointing out the money that guys like Husso or Petersen or even Nedeljkovic, Vanecek and Driedger received with the resume's they all had before their most recent contracts.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think if some team is looking for that 1B option to go tandem with a current goal to do a 41/41 split load, yes. Your 60+ game starter...I have doubts.

That said, the goalie market is extraordinarily weak at the moment so...who knows.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Adin hill is a guy who for the right price, LOTS of team should be in on....but I feel like someone will overpay him, and I can't fault him for getting that bag if he can

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The cap will probably be 83.5 million in year one, about 90 million in year two of the deal and about 93 million in year three.

Taking that in account, and what some other similarly less proven goalies have gotten when the cap was going to be in the low 80's for those entire contracts, I think there will be some GM during bidding that will offer him around 4m x 3. Maybe a bit above, maybe a bit below.

Vegas can't go even 3m without sacrificing some other part of the roster, so with Thompson already in the fold for cheap, I think it's less likely they will keep him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I realized he does that lean on the crossbar because he probably has a bad back.

I hope he stays as a 1b making less than 4m, even though the smart thing would be to let him go get paid.

He loses net? How do you lose a net! It's 6x4!

Also...they made a mountain of that Hill.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Is Binnington not the comparable? He was almost sent to Boston's farm team to make room for other goalies and then ended up winning the Cup with STL

I thought of him too. I believe he was a RFA and got 4.4x2. Hill is a UFA and has played more. I see a 4-5 year contract between 5-6 per year. If he re-signs with Vegas I can see something in the 4.5-5.5 range for 4 years.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I thought of him too. I believe he was a RFA and got 4.4x2. Hill is a UFA and has played more. I see a 4-5 year contract between 5-6 per year. If he re-signs with Vegas I can see something in the 4.5-5.5 range for 4 years.

I'm not sure a team would offer him that kind of contract with the crop of goalies being available this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad