Value of: Adam henrique

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Rico is not getting a 1st round pick return. I’d rather just extend him. He’s been good for Leo’s development. To me that is much more valuable than a 2nd round pick who may never see the NHL.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
But that doesn’t fit the narrative that Monahan is a much better target.
what does that have to do with anything. Monahan is still 2 million cheaper and a better player. Henrique has had far better linemates than Monahan this year as well. Depending on the team after Henrique Ducks might need to take less or a cap dump as well as retention.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
you'd probably just be better off playing him. if you buy him out it will cost 2.67m total. now add in at least 775k for a league min replacement player to take what would be his spot and you're already just shy of $3.5m
True...if the Ducks think he'll be a positive influence in the locker room and on the ice for the kids. But I'm not convinced he would be. And the Ducks have plenty of cap room to absorb the buyout.

If Rico is not getting a 1st round pick return. I’d rather just extend him. He’s been good for Leo’s development. To me that is much more valuable than a 2nd round pick who may never see the NHL.
I suspect that ship has sailed...

Reactions: McDonald19

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
it aint pretty after ritchie and gulyayev but you do have

f - olausson, kovalenko, foudy
d - behrens
g - annunen

after that it's a steep dropoff.
Ya I considered Behrens but I feel like we’re deep at goalie and defense. The forwards not sure how much of any better than what we have in the system.

I’d prob rather stack future picks to make future moves personally, but maybe PV likes a guy you listed

It probably has but I will be very disappointed if we don’t get a 1st for him.
I feel like some people want to keep silf Vatrano and Henrique…. And just block us from getting better options or youth getting chances

Reactions: robbieboy3686

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
what does that have to do with anything. Monahan is still 2 million cheaper and a better player. Henrique has had far better linemates than Monahan this year as well. Depending on the team after Henrique Ducks might need to take less or a cap dump as well as retention.
Your highlighted statement contained one fact and one opinion. And the opinion is far from universally accepted.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
How is Monahan a better player? He has 2 more points and 2 less goals than Henrique. They’re virtually identical on the stat sheet. However, a large amount of Monahan’s points are on the pp, whereas, Henriques are not. Neither player is likely to get big pp time on whoever they’re traded to so Henrique can be expected to have higher production based on their even strength season stats. I also think Henrique is better defensively than Monahan.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Who makes 6.5? Certainly not Henrique. He makes 5.8. At least checks facts before attempting to put down someone for their salary. That 5.8 can also be reduced by 50%, without issue.

And on what planet is someone who’s basically performing at the high end of second line production only worth 3.5 or 4 million? He’s tied for 104th in scoring and tied for 71st in goals. That quite easily puts him at the top end of 2nd line production considering there’s nearly 100 first line forwards between all teams.

On top of that, he plays sound defense and is good at faceoffs.

Now, even overlooking all of those facts, and going based off of your strange valuation of him, how is taking on a 4 million dollar cap dump, who has an extra year on his contract, a fair offset for someone who you claim is overpaid by approx 2 million? Taking on 8 million to offset a 2 million overpayment is fair in your eyes? If ryjo were ufa after this season that would be an entirely different story. But he’s not.

Lastly, if Henrique is overpaid by approximately 2 million in your words, (based off your 3.5-4 claim) 50% retention would bring his cap hit down under 3 million which according to you is no longer an overpaid player.

Henrique's caphit is a non-issue. The Ducks retain 50% and if the trading team still wants more caprelief, they can pay a 3rd team to retain 50% more and have him for around $1.45 million. Cost of getting a 3rd team to retain 50% of 2.9 million should be around a 4th-5th round pick (Leafs last season for Minny to retain 50% on 3.8 million of RoR's caphit for a 4th round pick).

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Henrique's caphit is a non-issue. The Ducks retain 50% and if the trading team still wants more caprelief, they can pay a 3rd team to retain 50% more and have him for around $1.45 million. Cost of getting a 3rd team to retain 50% of 2.9 million should be around a 4th-5th round pick (Leafs last season for Minny to retain 50% on 3.8 million of RoR's caphit for a 4th round pick).
I agree. I wasn’t the one saying his cap hit is an issue. John mandalorian seems to think it’s so bad that it requires an $8 million dollar cap dump, ($4 million x2…this year and next) to make up for Henrique being “overpaid”.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Who makes 6.5? Certainly not Henrique. He makes 5.8. At least checks facts before attempting to put down someone for their salary. That 5.8 can also be reduced by 50%, without issue.

And on what planet is someone who’s basically performing at the high end of second line production only worth 3.5 or 4 million? He’s tied for 104th in scoring and tied for 71st in goals. That quite easily puts him at the top end of 2nd line production considering there’s nearly 100 first line forwards between all teams.

On top of that, he plays sound defense and is good at faceoffs.

Now, even overlooking all of those facts, and going based off of your strange valuation of him, how is taking on a 4 million dollar cap dump, who has an extra year on his contract, a fair offset for someone who you claim is overpaid by approx 2 million? Taking on 8 million to offset a 2 million overpayment is fair in your eyes? If ryjo were ufa after this season that would be an entirely different story. But he’s not.

Lastly, if Henrique is overpaid by approximately 2 million in your words, (based off your 3.5-4 claim) 50% retention would bring his cap hit down under 3 million which according to you is no longer an overpaid player.

Nevermind what other 2nd liners make. Not all 2nd liners are 33. 5.8 was maybe fair when he was 29 and the contract was beginning. He's 33 now. And he has injury concerns.

Who cares what 26 year old 2nd liners are making. How is that relevant to Henrique?

Edit: Just to be clear: I'm not asserting his value is 3.5. That was just an example to make a point. When you consider age and injury, lets say its 4.5, 1.3 of retention should be gratis from Anaheim. Any extra retention pushing him below 4.5 its fair that it costs the acquiring team.

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Nevermind what other 2nd liners make. Not all 2nd liners are 33. 5.8 was maybe fair when he was 29 and the contract was beginning. He's 33 now. And he has injury concerns.

Who cares what 26 year old 2nd liners are making. How is that relevant to Henrique?

Edit: Just to be clear: I'm not asserting his value is 3.5. That was just an example to make a point. When you consider age and injury, lets say its 4.5, 1.3 of retention should be gratis from Anaheim. Any extra retention pushing him below 4.5 its fair that it costs the acquiring team.
Some people just don’t have the humility needed to accept a wrong view. They need to defend it at all means possible. Some think this is strong will power. I’m not one of them

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Avalanche are about to get taken to the cleaners in trying to keep up with the Jets/Nucks... Ducks could really make out like bandits now as the heat on McFarland just went nuclear lol

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Its more likely CMac does nothing than doing that. Speaking from experience.
- Sign all Avs fans

considering they won their cup in a year where they shipped out a 2nd and recent 1st rd prospect for a player that had only played bottom 6 roles up until then... might want to revisit that "experience" lol

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County

You’re moving the goalposts. Your original comment was that Henrique was overpaid and that it required Anaheim taking back an 8 million dollar cap dump to account for his overpaid salary. You completely ignored all the Ducks fans saying retention is expected and not a problem. Which by your admission, would make him no longer overpaid. So, why is a capdump necessary?

Now to address your other points that weren’t in your original comment…Bringing up his age isn’t relevant. He’d be a rental acquisition who is ufa after this season. They can part ways after that.

His stats are relevant because as a rental for a playoff run, you would want someone who produces and he’s producing at the higher end of second line production. On top of that, he adds sound defense as well as face off abilities.

If ryjo needs to go back to the Ducks, I don’t necessarily see a problem with that. I do think it should require something positive attached to him though. But to say he’s there because Henrique is somehow a negative value, is just not accurate at all.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sakic was GM at the time, not CMac

And that trade turned out fantastic
right. CMac was the one who paid a 2nd for Eller's 7 games/0 points in last year's first round exit

exactly. Contending teams that do their homework and are willing to pay the required price to add important upgrades to their team set themselves up for a good playoff run... waiting too long/misjudging the market or player you target (like CMac with Eller), ends with early exits.

Frankly, I hope the Avs pay whatever costs are now required to keep pace... stopping the Jets from getting to the WCF is a win for the habs since we now own their 1st... Go Avs go ;)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
You’re moving the goalposts. Your original comment was that Henrique was overpaid and that it required Anaheim taking back an 8 million dollar cap dump to account for his overpaid salary. You completely ignored all the Ducks fans saying retention is expected and not a problem. Which by your admission, would make him no longer overpaid. So, why is a capdump necessary?

Now to address your other points that weren’t in your original comment…Bringing up his age isn’t relevant. He’d be a rental acquisition who is ufa after this season. They can part ways after that.

His stats are relevant because as a rental for a playoff run, you would want someone who produces and he’s producing at the higher end of second line production. On top of that, he adds sound defense as well as face off abilities.

If ryjo needs to go back to the Ducks, I don’t necessarily see a problem with that. I do think it should require something positive attached to him though. But to say he’s there because Henrique is somehow a negative value, is just not accurate at all.

The initial point of teams should not pay for retention just to get his salary where its at an appropriate level is not moving the goal posts. Sorry if you misunderstood and that i initially was off on his salary. Point remains, however.

Secondly, if youre going to generalize the salaries of 2nd line forwards, its entirely appropriate to look at the age range and their salary. If a 25 year old 2nd line player just sigbed a new contract for 7.2 million, future productive years go into that salary. AH is on the other end of this. So this comment is heavily skewed by more recent contracts but also disparity in age.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Glad we're not buying this deadline. Prices are sky high

They're almost always high at the deadline, but especially so in a year where the draft isn't as deep and thus a late 1st isn't as valuable.

Also this year it seems there's more teams in the mix, with comparable needs, and a number of pretty quality rental options available compared to some years where it's slim pickings.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad