Value of: Adam henrique

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
out of curiosity why Henrique over Monahan?

maybe but the price goes way up from the late 1st. If you want the Ducks to retain on Henrique and then take 8 million cap hit back. That cost will be huge.
no retention just take ryjo back. ryjo is $4m not $8m. hes already half retained from nashville

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Devils need him now with McLeod being as monster garbage human.

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Toffoli-Hughes-Mercer
Palat-Henrique-Holtz
Nosek-Haula-Lazar

That'll do.
I don't know if NJ is in a position to try and salvage things. I hate to say it because in hockey you just never know, right? All it takes in a 8 game winning streak and you're finding yourself right back into playoff talk and deadline additions. But I don't know if it's worth risking assets right now with the way their lineup has been depleted. Those assets might be better off used at the draft to fill holes going into next season.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
no retention just take ryjo back. ryjo is $4m not $8m. hes already half retained from nashville
Perhaps Verbeek takes back ryjo to help facilitate a first for Henrique, but I’d be disappointed as a ducks fan. He seems washed and should require something of value on top of him for that extra year. I guess it depends on what teams are offering for Henrique without including a dump.

Reactions: Duck Off

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Perhaps Verbeek takes back ryjo to help facilitate a first for Henrique, but I’d be disappointed as a ducks fan. He seems washed and should require something of value on top of him for that extra year. I guess it depends on what teams are offering for Henrique without including a dump.
too slow to be a top 6 centre. he can be a 3c but is slow. he's probably only with about $2m to $2.5m so it's $1.5m - $2m of dead cap.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
too slow to be a top 6 centre. he can be a 3c but is slow. he's probably only with about $2m to $2.5m so it's $1.5m - $2m of dead cap.
I don’t mind it and maybe we can trade him w/retention at draft to a diff team that needs the extra body

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
over goaltending and defense?
At his point we need 3 things. If your car has a flat tire, out of gas and broken side mirror. Are you just going to not see how much a side mirror is if you pass one by?

I'm sure you have a clever quip to come back at that, but at the end of the day, the Devils have 3 needs, you can argue all day about the most important, but the holes need to start being plugged no matter the size.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
over goaltending and defense?
I think the Devils have enough trade capital to get Henrique and ONE OF a defender/goaltender. We really need to be told when Siegenthaler is coming back.. and Hamilton would be back for the playoffs if we make it... so I go Henrique and a goalie.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pretty much a given he's traded before the deadline and reportedly asked to be traded sooner, rather than later to get his family settled. I'm guessing they'll retain if needed.

Most Ducks fans will tell you he's been their best player the last month or two... so what's the best offer?
If you get late first it will hold you. He has 6 million caphit. Not many bidders

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
I agree on his financial value and would even say that he could be useful in the Ducks lineup. However, that’s not really how cap dumps work. To Colorado, it’s a 4million dollar cap dump that in this scenario, Colorado is looking to get out of. That would generally cost something. Now, if nobody’s offering a 1st for Henrique, then I think Colorado offering a 1st plus including ryjo, then makes some sense in order to up the pick for Henrique.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I agree on his financial value and would even say that he could be useful in the Ducks lineup. However, that’s not really how cap dumps work. To Colorado, it’s a 4million dollar cap dump that in this scenario, Colorado is looking to get out of. That would generally cost something. Now, if nobody’s offering a 1st for Henrique, then I think Colorado offering a 1st plus including ryjo, then makes some sense in order to up the pick for Henrique.
i could see a 1st, ryjo and prospect that's not ritchie or gulyayev for henrique maybe with a small addon

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

He makes 6.5 and is probably performing closer to 3.5...maybe 4. You can’t overlook this. Taking back a salary offsets what he’s overpaid.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
It's gonna be a 1st and a b/c prospect.

50% retention (at least, maybe a 3rd team to retain more)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i could see a 1st, ryjo and prospect that's not ritchie or gulyayev for henrique maybe with a small addon
I think Anaheim would prob prefer future picks over prospects part…. Think we’re pretty full on prospects atm.

And idk that anyone in aves system outside of Ritchie is someone we’d feel intrigued to grab

Reactions: Gliff

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Ducks will get a good price for sure for Henrique now.

I just hope Verbeek isn't going for SEND ME THE BIGGEST MAN YOU HAVE + 4th.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I fing hate that turtling little c$$t ryjo and so does every duck fan

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I think Anaheim would prob prefer future picks over prospects part…. Think we’re pretty full on prospects atm.

And idk that anyone in aves system outside of Ritchie is someone we’d feel intrigued to grab
it aint pretty after ritchie and gulyayev but you do have

f - olausson, kovalenko, foudy
d - behrens
g - annunen

after that it's a steep dropoff.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ducks can always buy out Johansen this summer.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
He makes 6.5 and is probably performing closer to 3.5...maybe 4. You can’t overlook this. Taking back a salary offsets what he’s overpaid.
Who makes 6.5? Certainly not Henrique. He makes 5.8. At least checks facts before attempting to put down someone for their salary. That 5.8 can also be reduced by 50%, without issue.

And on what planet is someone who’s basically performing at the high end of second line production only worth 3.5 or 4 million? He’s tied for 104th in scoring and tied for 71st in goals. That quite easily puts him at the top end of 2nd line production considering there’s nearly 100 first line forwards between all teams.

On top of that, he plays sound defense and is good at faceoffs.

Now, even overlooking all of those facts, and going based off of your strange valuation of him, how is taking on a 4 million dollar cap dump, who has an extra year on his contract, a fair offset for someone who you claim is overpaid by approx 2 million? Taking on 8 million to offset a 2 million overpayment is fair in your eyes? If ryjo were ufa after this season that would be an entirely different story. But he’s not.

Lastly, if Henrique is overpaid by approximately 2 million in your words, (based off your 3.5-4 claim) 50% retention would bring his cap hit down under 3 million which according to you is no longer an overpaid player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad