Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Quinn Hughes also has 10 points. You'd have to think the Nucks offense slows down soon though, they're firing on all cylinders right now.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The interesting thing about Fox is that he reads the play so well he's breaking up breakouts and transitions before they can get going and allowing the Rangers to extend their offensive zone time. Being able to do that kind of thing consistently is an elite skill

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
2008 is OG?

2006 is when the forum on the Rangers site itself got shut down and a bunch of us had to migrate over here. The old Rangers forums were great - a few of the players posted there from time to time. Matt Barnaby posted a few times, and made a farewell post to the forum when he left the team.
That’s when I made the move over here myself as well... haha

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
2008 is OG?

2006 is when the forum on the Rangers site itself got shut down and a bunch of us had to migrate over here. The old Rangers forums were great - a few of the players posted there from time to time. Matt Barnaby posted a few times, and made a farewell post to the forum when he left the team.

That forum was good but had too many trolls from other teams. It also had asshole Rangers fans. This one guy JimboSam drove off that board. He was like my age now (early 30s) at the time and I was at most 16, if not younger (14, maybe) and the guy was acting like an asshole to me. I wonder if I do the same with some kids here that I'm unaware are kids.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Maybe the Rangers most trustworthy guy in puck retrieval. I trust he's gonna make a very good or at least the right play every time he pivots and goes back for a puck.

He just has that poise to just hold onto it for a split-second longer than most would and wait for the F1 to flyby, makes the little pass to the middle with some sauce on it or through stick/feet and the Rangers can actually get out of the zone clean a lot of times.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That forum was good but had too many trolls from other teams. It also had ******* Rangers fans. This one guy JimboSam drove off that board. He was like my age now (early 30s) at the time and I was at most 16, if not younger (14, maybe) and the guy was acting like an ******* to me. I wonder if I do the same with some kids here that I'm unaware are kids.

Oh man, I might remember that guy...I started out on the official Rangers boards but eventually ended up here and another spot
Used to do a lot of arguing because with sports I usually have a "hope for the best" outlook even if I don't think things are being done great and lots of people are more pessimistic than that ;)

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I will say that Fox is far better defensively than he projected to be coming up through the ranks. He's definitely put in a lot of work there.
Yes but I’ve heard from many people before we got him that he’s very smart in general, including defensively. Even though he isn’t great yet at making defensive plays with his feet or body, his brain goes a long way. Or are you talking about since his draft year?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
That forum was good but had too many trolls from other teams. It also had ******* Rangers fans. This one guy JimboSam drove off that board. He was like my age now (early 30s) at the time and I was at most 16, if not younger (14, maybe) and the guy was acting like an ******* to me. I wonder if I do the same with some kids here that I'm unaware are kids.

Yes

Just kidding.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh man, I might remember that guy...I started out on the official Rangers boards but eventually ended up here and another spot
Used to do a lot of arguing because with sports I usually have a "hope for the best" outlook even if I don't think things are being done great and lots of people are more pessimistic than that ;)

I remember you from that forum. You taught me that "a lot" is two words.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yes but I’ve heard from many people before we got him that he’s very smart in general, including defensively. Even though he isn’t great yet at making defensive plays with his feet or body, his brain goes a long way. Or are you talking about since his draft year?

Well definitely since his draft year, but year over year in general.

Obviously he's a rookie and still putting the pieces together. But having watched him over a 3 or 4 year span, it's impressive for a guy who is better known for his skill on the offensive side of the equation.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
He’s been unbelievable, at first it was just steady poised play. Now you realize the game is slow mo for him, he doesn’t make a mistake through his own play. He looks like he’s so far along for someone his age, like his breakout will come in 2-3 months. It’ll be common opinion by end of the year that he’s better than Troubda.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The interesting thing about Fox is that he reads the play so well he's breaking up breakouts and transitions before they can get going and allowing the Rangers to extend their offensive zone time. Being able to do that kind of thing consistently is an elite skill

agree 100% with this take and was going to post something similar already. i think we can all agree that he's been better than anyone expected and i'm not sure anyone expected such a seamless transition...but those smarts, his ability to read plays, use his stick to break up plays and get the puck up up the ice is why I think that he has the potential to become a good defensive player as he grows...

and by that I don't mean adequate enough to get by given his offense (which I'd take too) but I mean legit good defensively. and the type of guy that people don't even realize how good defensively he is cause he isn't physical.

if he reads the play and thinks the game this well after only 10 games, just imagine 2-3 years from now when the nhl game has 'slowed down' for him plus he's physically stronger...obviously he still has work to do to get there but the potential is super exciting.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

You were on Hockeybird's board right? Sad day when that forum shut down (Same with Rodent's). I also miss Rocha's sometimes inane report cards.

...and to keep it on topic. Adam Fox is like, you know....good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad