Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
'mirin the OG join date. Any other 2002 JD's still around here?

2008 is OG?

2006 is when the forum on the Rangers site itself got shut down and a bunch of us had to migrate over here. The old Rangers forums were great - a few of the players posted there from time to time. Matt Barnaby posted a few times, and made a farewell post to the forum when he left the team.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
2008 is OG?

2006 is when the forum on the Rangers site itself got shut down and a bunch of us had to migrate over here. The old Rangers forums were great - a few of the players posted there from time to time. Matt Barnaby posted a few times, and made a farewell post to the forum when he left the team.

Poster i responded to joined in 2002

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
Hey guys, what's going on with this kid? Did he get benched or what, I have him on my fantasy team and was expecting more PP time...

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Hey guys, what's going on with this kid? Did he get benched or what, I have him on my fantasy team and was expecting more PP time...
I think he’s about to start getting some points, but I wouldn’t expect him to blow up the scoresheet. He’s been ridiculously good, though. One of the few bright spots. May be the smoothest, silkiest defenseman I’ve ever seen play for the Rangers in my 12 years of watching.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Kid has been really, really, great.

I expect the points will come with the right utilization (time manning an effective PP 2) and in the future when the forward talent improves.

But some of the plays he is making are just impressive as hell. Even if the points never come (which I wouldn't bet on, but hypothetically) he is still going to be a heck of a player for a long time as long as he stays healthy/

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
And now the points are coming. Congratulations on that milestone.

Is it too early to beat the Fox for Calder drums? :naughty:

We're not the only ones noticing. I usually watch the opposing team's broadcasts. They all remark on Fox, game after game, team after team.

Last night we had D-pair coming in with like 14 combined NHL games, and they looked like veterans. Feels good.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
In terms of production. His fancy stats are like across the board best on the team. Kid has a 72.73 GF%...on this team. Some of that is PDO but still.

Yeah, I knew he had fantastic advanced stats. I just meant that the production isn’t there yet but the eye test and underlying stats both show this kid is the real deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, I knew he had fantastic advanced stats. I just meant that the production isn’t there yet but the eye test and underlying stats both show this kid is the real deal.
The most real of deals. He reminds me of chess simulators that make the best decision in any situation, especially the simple moves you didn't even see. That constant awareness of the ice and finding the best play is really special. I'm curious about what other defensemen people see as comparable.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Havent seen a Rangers defensman make such smart subtle plays with the puck since Brian Leetch. He will never be on that level but play style may end up being similar.
Indeed.

Someone said Fox reminds them of Stralman in the GDT, I didn't understand that at all. Stralman was just a very good all around defenseman but never really had any elite traits like Fox has and will continue to develop.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I genuinely don't care if he doesn't post big offensive numbers right now.

He's the archetype for the folks who argue that good puck distribution out of the back is the best form of defense- by the way of getting the puck forward and changing the side of attack to the other side of the rink. I give credit to guys like Lindgren who enjoy defending but Fox should be the poster child for the new era "PMD" people, and I've enjoyed seeing it so far.

He also has made some subtly good defensive plays with his stick as well, which has been promising.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don’t think people are prepared for how good he can really be. I don’t think there’s been one time where I’ve thought “wow, what a dumb play by Fox.” I will even admit that guys like ADA and Buch, my personal favorites, make me angry from time to time. Fox hasn’t done that yet, and this is his first season? Mind-blowing. And I’ve always dreamed of us having an offensive defenseman who can play very smart defense. The points will come for him.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
And now the points are coming. Congratulations on that milestone.

Is it too early to beat the Fox for Calder drums? :naughty:

We're not the only ones noticing. I usually watch the opposing team's broadcasts. They all remark on Fox, game after game, team after team.

Last night we had D-pair coming in with like 14 combined NHL games, and they looked like veterans. Feels good.

Cale Makar has 10 pts in 12 games. Its his Calder to lose. A lot of people compared Fox to Makar. Hope he ends up producing similarly.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I got so hyped when he stood up Stamkos at the red line and knocked the puck away.

was such a nothing play but I haven't seen a ranger consistently do that since Stralman.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad