Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
AV said he played a good game. What more should he say? This is just nitpicking.

Nah, not nitpicking. I think it's pretty blatant the way he quickly changes to the subject of the "group" or of another player whenever Clendo's name is brought up. It's obvious (to me, anyway) that he doesn't want Clendo to gain any traction with the team/reporters/fans. Perhaps it's because he knows Clendo will not be that good long term (and I agree...he probably won't be)...but the way he is going about it is just so transparent that you cant help but notice it.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Nah, not nitpicking. I think it's pretty blatant the way he quickly changes to the subject of the "group" or of another player whenever Clendo's name is brought up. It's obvious (to me, anyway) that he doesn't want Clendo to gain any traction with the team/reporters/fans. Perhaps it's because he knows Clendo will not be that good long term (and I agree...he probably won't be)...but the way he is going about it is just so transparent that you cant help but notice it.

Exactly.

AV isn't even trying to hide it either. If you read between the lines, he's clearly not a Clendo fan.

It's sad, since at the very least, Clendo has looked decent in pretty much every game he's been in, and has 5 points in 11 games this season. He's also 24, so who is to say he won't improve? Not like he's in his late 20's.

Yet, braindead AV thinks Girardi is a better option...:shakehead

Clendo might end up being a decent player at the very least in this league, but it won't be here, thanks to AV.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

But he always does this. He always goes to "we did great as a group". It's not just with Clendening now.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Well, this is Clendening's chance. With Staal out, he'll be getting an extended look. Maybe he forces a Klein trade with his play. Let's hope he can carve out a spot.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Praying he does carve out a spot. We could use his talents usefully. He's not some kind of amazing player but he has assets that can only benefit our defense.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Well, this is Clendening's chance. With Staal out, he'll be getting an extended look. Maybe he forces a Klein trade with his play. Let's hope he can carve out a spot.

Yeah remember when McIlrath was going to do this with Girardi being hurt last year ?

not convinced.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Exactly.

AV isn't even trying to hide it either. If you read between the lines, he's clearly not a Clendo fan.

It's sad, since at the very least, Clendo has looked decent in pretty much every game he's been in, and has 5 points in 11 games this season. He's also 24, so who is to say he won't improve? Not like he's in his late 20's.

Yet, braindead AV thinks Girardi is a better option...:shakehead

Clendo might end up being a decent player at the very least in this league, but it won't be here, thanks to AV.

"Reading between the lines" seems to be code word for buying into a conspiracy that AV has it in for Clendening, which only the most stringent Girardi haters seem to buy into.

I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen this coach gush over the performance of a single player. He gave Clendening his due for a good game and moved on, like he normally does with every player that has a good game. You have to really have an ulterior motive to start *****ing about something like this. Not to mention Clendening is going to stay in the lineup at least until Staal is out. Proving he can be a consistent NHL'er will go a long way on how the defense is addressed when everyone is healthy and the trade deadline approaches.

But, honestly, get a grip with the conspiracy stuff. Its ridiculous.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Pretty sure AV sent the video of last game to the NHL official scorers to get Clendening's 2nd goal given to Grabner instead.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not for nothing he made a ton of bad defensive plays last night. A ton.

Like his offense and his ability to move the puck though. He should be playing over one of Girardi or Klein but he has been far from great in his own zone

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Not for nothing he made a ton of bad defensive plays last night. A ton.

Like his offense and his ability to move the puck though. He should be playing over one of Girardi or Klein but he has been far from great in his own zone

A ton huh?

He was shot on less than any NYR D last night.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Even if he is making bad choices defensively, (not saying he is or is not) he is no different than anyone else playing D, so since he can move the puck a bit, which the others can't, I think that puts him in the net positive comparatively.

That is his game in my opinion, he gives up things here, but provides stuff there, if the others are not providing anything anywhere and giving up similar stuff...

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
We've graduated from

"Clendening should get a few games"

to

"Clendening may be the best right handed D on the team"

Which is both funny and horrifying.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
We've graduated from