Value of: Actual realistic offers for Chychrun from other fanbases

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm sure most sens fans including myself would want quite a bit for chychrun. So I'm just asking what other fans would offer.

So while I doubt we'll get a high first rounder and an excellent prospect, I also doubt all were getting is a 2nd rounder as well. Chychrun at the deadline would still fetch a late first from a contender.
Ullmark for him seems to make too much sense to me.

That’s assuming you find a way to pay Korpisalo off the team

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
His value is very low right now. Maybe a late first but I doubt it unless a contender becomes desperate. I think you are looking at something like a 2nd + a B/C-prospect as the return.
Pretty much this and the reality is that there is a bit of stink to him moving on from 2 organizations in such a short time nevermind injury issues.

Reactions: Hobnobs

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I think multiple contenders will ante up a late first for him as a rental. Lots of negative talk about Chych here and it surprises me. He’s a professional and is highly desired. Would work very well on a playoff contender that needs an experienced #2 with #1 upside.

That is my 2 cents.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I would try to add to Chychrun to get a player like Larsson back from Seattle. Both with one year left, Seattle could use some more futures, and Seattle upgrades their left side without adding a logjam unlike the Sens current situation. (Dumolin out, Chychrun in).

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Larsson
Kleven - JBD/Brannstrom

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
the all in false narrative has to die, not just for nyr
most of the time it is pure stupidity
it does not work 99% of the time and cannibalizes futures which means if you don't win the cup you are worse off trying to match a competitive season and improve

the smart play is to continue to build, try to make intelligent moves
and extend your window = legit chance to make a run until your core ages out forcing rebuild

that is why if you have an old core with maybe only a season or 2 left, THEN MAYBE you go all in

----------------

besides this ^, Chych is not a fit as a rental, and we do not have spare cap for him
he is good but flawed

The deal here is foundation piece + for foundation piece +

LaF + Gabe P + Lindgren
for
Sanderson + Pinto + Bost 2024 1st + OTT 2025 + 2026 2nds

LaF = superior Steve Vickers W w/elite potential, excellent 5x5,
helps immediately w/scoring
AND is a marketing coup w/the quebec side of the fan base
x 2 b'c Habs did not cough up for a foundation piece
will need long term contract around the corner but likely less than Sanderson short term

Gabe P = mid 1st round steal elc will help as soon as he is ready, possibly 20245
Lindgren has 2 2nds value but is a short term clear the crease stopgap

--------
Rs will gamble Scanlin is ready; Fortescue looks promising but is a yr away
Othman replaces LaF

Sanderson = partner for Fox

Pinto = 3C for Cuylle - Kakko if Chytil not up to it, useful if he does
and picks help
I would not do that deal for Sanderson alone...

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I think multiple contenders will ante up a late first for him as a rental. Lots of negative talk about Chych here and it surprises me. He’s a professional and is highly desired. Would work very well on a playoff contender that needs an experienced #2 with #1 upside.

That is my 2 cents.

If either of the these statements were true, then he’d be gone.

If he was playing like or is a #2, every team moves a late 1st for him if that’s all it took. Clearly, he’s not, hence nobody has.

Either Sens want a #2 value - to which he hasn’t played like it - or no team views him as that. Never mind even the fact that he has requested out and won’t sign long term.

Standard overvalue of a player relative to market.

My proposal was based on that. With Sanheim moving to RD permanently, it bumps Risto down to 3rd pair since Drysdale was acquire. Risto is overpaid relative to what he provides, but he is a #4 physical, defensive D based on the rehab work done by the Flyers staff. This can be verified on his advanced metrics as well. So he’d be a pretty good partner to an offensive 2nd pair d-man, which is what I thought the Sens needed. Flyers also have more dmen close to making the jump so need to clear space.

So it’s simply a moving of assets that may be a better fit for both terms. I acknowledge Chychrun has more value (but certainly not as much as.his acquisitio), and Laughton would be a positive fit in Ottawa. Hence the two together for Chychrun made sense to me.

Joseph is completely inconsequential to the Flyers - they have too many RWs as is. If he’s included as a dump for salary that’s fine; but has little value as a RW (assuming that he is).

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
His offensive ability is intriguing but he might be the softest dman in the league, certainly softest guy in a teams top 4. For that reason no interest from the Leafs.

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
I think we could probably get a first for Chychrun if we held onto him for half a season so I’d do it.
His offensive ability is intriguing but he might be the softest dman in the league, certainly softest guy in a teams top 4. For that reason no interest from the Leafs.
Is he soft? Haven't seen him much. If so Torts (Flyers) should stay away

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I can't think of a team other than St. Louis that would pay anything close to "fair" for him. Most teams have their LDs locked in already, there's a bunch hitting the free market, and teams that could be looking for LDs (Calgary, Utah, San Jose, Nashville, Toronto, Vancouver if Zadorov leaves) would want someone other than Chychrun for a myriad of reasons. Blues were willing to offer a 1st for Sanheim last year and Chychrun is cheap enough where they don't have to worry about moving Leddy or Krug if they get creative

The Blues wouldn't be interested in adding another D needing PP time to showcase his value, they have Krug and Faulk for that. They may make an offer to Skjei who provides a more utilitarian game but that's a long shot with more attractive contending teams expected to be front runners and I'm not sure the Blues would even want to venture into UFA right now in any significant way. For better or worse the Blues likely aren't players in adding D of significant salary unless they can find a perfect fit to pair with Parayko. Armstrong has used a lot of cheap filler recently as he attempts to reshape his roster so I expect more of that until exactly the right target presents and I don't think Chychrun and his injury history/playstyle will be that target.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Keep him until the trade deadline as his worth will be much more then as is always for players. Unless of course you get an offer you think is too good to pass now. No point selling low right now.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Here is a trade I would love to see, don't know if it would or could clear the hurtles. Rangers would first need to convince Panarin to waive his no trade. Realistically I don't see that happening. But if they could get him to agree, I would try to trade Artem Panarin and Ryan Lindgren to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk and Jacob Chychrun. Would Ottawa even do this? Does anyone have to add? If so who adds and what would it be?

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
Here is a trade I would love to see, don't know if it would or could clear the hurtles. Rangers would first need to convince Panarin to waive his no trade. Realistically I don't see that happening. But if they could get him to agree, I would try to trade Artem Panarin and Ryan Lindgren to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk and Jacob Chychrun. Would Ottawa even do this? Does anyone have to add? If so who adds and what would it be?
are you high? that's one of the worst I've seen, Ottawa would literally throw up at that

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The Blues wouldn't be interested in adding another D needing PP time to showcase his value, they have Krug and Faulk for that. They may make an offer to Skjei who provides a more utilitarian game but that's a long shot with more attractive contending teams expected to be front runners and I'm not sure the Blues would even want to venture into UFA right now in any significant way. For better or worse the Blues likely aren't players in adding D of significant salary unless they can find a perfect fit to pair with Parayko. Armstrong has used a lot of cheap filler recently as he attempts to reshape his roster so I expect more of that until exactly the right target presents and I don't think Chychrun and his injury history/playstyle will be that target.

I don't see why you're adding Faulk to that list that needs PP time. His value is from good 5v5 play and yes I know he had a down year but I would be willing to bet he was playing injured most of the year and having an extra long off season will have him bouncing back and being very good again next year.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
There is no way Brady is going for a more overpaid worse winger. Lindgren being better than Chychrun (And even then we don't need more LHD) isn't near enough.

Reactions: bernmeister

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

He's certainly not a bruiser, and you can claim he has the physique to expect him to be tougher overall - but soft he is not.

Reactions: JKG33 and 57special

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Will always fondly remember the several months HF thought this guy was the 2nd coming. That he would transform whatever blueline got him. Ottawa got absolutely rinsed on that deal.

If I was a team thinking of acquiring him I would either stop doing that, hold out for a bargain, or simply just sign Brady Skjei short term. Chychrun can score some goals and that's the only thing he does that's above average top 4 D level.

Maraz

Jan 25, 2015
At that point I'm not expecting more than two 2nds or something like that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Am seeing a lot of ha-ha re: my post #48.

Don't want to thread hijack, so when I get a chance in a wk or so, will do a separate thread on discussion of trade w/core of LaF + Sanderson, where all extensive discussion of that should go.

That said, I have the right to briefly respond and defend myself.

The deal was
LaF = a #1oa
Gabe P = what, I forget, 20oa?
and a lesser pick(s)

for

Sanderson = a 5oa
Pinto = a 2nd rounder 32oa
and better pick(s)

now, where a player is selected is not an overriding factor, merely one factor which approximates a temporary consensus for what market value is.

ponder that
and ha ha yourself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad