Value of: Actual realistic offers for Chychrun from other fanbases

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There is no profit left on the table.
Zero.
on what planet does a team trade a legit #1 D man for a pretty good winger for our 2nd line.
Let alone add f***ing Pinto?!

It’s absurd. Just stop.
Like I said
you prefer to keep yr guy, fine

but as to value yr crapping all over LaF and I gotta push back on that

If we are objective and esp taking into acct cap benefts etc, it was a good offer

Again, would not have even suggested b'c heavy cost to ny, but recognize Rs need to use depth to address need

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
There is no profit left on the table.
Zero.
on what planet does a team trade a legit #1 D man for a pretty good winger for our 2nd line.
Let alone add f***ing Pinto?!

It’s absurd. Just stop.
Everybody knows that the way to make profit in the NHL is to trade your two-way, budding star defender and 6'3" right shot matchup center for a run-of-the-mill scoring winger and broken down, undersized defensive defenseman. Also you need to add 3 high picks into the deal for some reason.

That's just how you win.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would start with something like Hunter Haight, Jack Peart, and a top 15 protected '25 1st. Haight or Peart could be swapped for a number of prospects but Yurov and Heidt are off limits and if you asked for Lambos I would probably do it but you're not getting a second prospect then.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Everybody knows that the way to make profit in the NHL is to trade your two-way, budding star defender and 6'3" right shot matchup center for a run-of-the-mill scoring winger and broken down, undersized defensive defenseman. Also you need to add 3 high picks into the deal for some reason.

That's just how you win.
not speaking to anything else, bold is false
LaF is already Steve Vickers level, and emerging further
This is a guy his draft hype was [don't remember verbatim, but approx]:
"LaF is the best non-generational 1OA talent since MacKinnon"

tell it like it IS, let yr conscience be yr guide

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I would've said Necas, but Chychrun's gonna be a free agent in 1 year and the same problem will arise: Carolina will have to pay him.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Cool so let’s rework the trade.

Adam Fox and Chytl for Drake Batherson (already Steve Vickers level, and emerging further.)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

This ^ is verifying the above post.

Again, you prefer Sanderson, you're entitled to that as a matter of choice.
But the utter lack of respect for LaF's current and emerging status is unacceptable

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Cool so let’s rework the trade.

Adam Fox and Chytl for Drake Batherson (already Steve Vickers level, and emerging further.)
Am only considering to move LaF, wherev that is, if for top $ return
here only = Sanderson
if not a match, agree to disagree, preference to each his own, fine.

Final offer:
Shesterkin + LaF + Lindgren + Jones + Sykora
for
Sanderson + Pinto + BOS 2024 1st

OTT
fully resolves net issues w/elite Vez guy who gets a haul if you flip
adds higher end stud W
stopgap physical LD in Lindy, or deal to UT for 2 2nds
Jones = cheap replacement puck mover D for Branstromm
Syk is physical 2nd round C prospect should compete next season for bottom 6

NYR
stud 1LD pair w/Fox
3C
late 1st

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Reading through this thread, I do agree with the posters who've said Chychrun's value is probably at its highest later in summer or even closer to the next trade deadline. Teams are going to want to take their swings at the UFA d-men first. However Ottawa also has buisness to take care of at the draft and July 1, so they'd wanna get a Chychrun deal done sooner rather than later.

Am I crazy to think a "return" to the Utah organization could make a lot of sense? They need to add 3-4 NHL quality d-men to their roster (assuming only Durzi, Moser, Soderstrom return), so they can do buisness in both UFA and through trades. They also have a surplus of picks that most teams don't.

For Chychrun, he played his best hockey under Tourigny. I don't think anyone can blame him for wanting out of a Coyotes organization that was, to put it bluntly, a f***ing joke. I could see him open to return for at least a year. Worst case scenario he pumps up his UFA value on a team he's had personal success with.

For Ottawa, the GM who acquired Chychrun is gone. Sounds like new management just wants to get something of value and move on. Which Utah could give them a few 2nd's that Ottawa could either use or flip.

Utah, if the rumors are true gets the Canes UFA d-men, could have a nice top 4 next year of:
Chychrun-Pesce
Skjei-Durzi

I could also see Carolina being a team interested in Chychrun. They'll have d-men to replace and they love their reclamation projects

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Reilly Smith, Pierre Olivier-Joseph's RFA rights, Owen Pickering, 2024 2nd.
I was thinking something around POJ as well. Often teams do well with brothers, and if Mathieu Joseph is part of their long term plans, then POJ would be a strong asset!

However I don't know I'd give up a little less:
POJ + 2nd
or
POJ + Pickering

Smith can go elsewhere for a 3rd, if Ottawa doesn't want him.

Remember Chychrun doesn't want to resign with Ottawa (no insult intended), and as the Pens aren't really up-and-coming, Chyrchrun may NOT want to resign with them either. There is no point in the Pens paying high for a rental.

Carolina/Florida/Oilers/Rangers/Vancouver may all be willing partners that may pay more.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This ^ is verifying the above post.

Again, you prefer Sanderson, you're entitled to that as a matter of choice.
But the utter lack of respect for LaF's current and emerging status is unacceptable

Lafreniere isn't going to break out like MacKinnon did and comparing their first 4 seasons on paper is dumb for that reason.

MacKinnon is arguably the most dynamic player in the entire league, he just took a long time to figure out how to use his ungodly combination of speed and skill.

Lafreniere has a mediocre toolset but has high-level IQ and skill. He'll be a darn good player but he's no MacKinnon and putting up 57 points playing beside a 120 point superstar and a 77 point #1 center all year doesn't mean he's close to Sanderson in value.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Would something around trouba a pick and/or kakko be a consideration? We could take a contract like Joseph to help balance money as needed.

I know the first reaction is to slam this but there are two legitimate reasons I look at trouba in a deal here. 1. It helps balance the LD RD thing for Ottawa and for nyr. 2. Trouba could take some of the pressure/role off of Brady for the leadership and physicality, and maybe let the kid breathe a little bit again.

I realize the modified ntc comes to play, but Ottawa doesn't feel like Winnipeg (no offense) when it comes to that Canadian city isolation he didn't really seem to care for in the past. I don't know the implications for his wife's career and such that played into the NYC move.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I hate to say it, but I really can't see that many teams that both have interest in Chychrun, and would be a destination he'd want to go to.

Boston
Carolina
Florida
Nashville
Maybe Vancouver?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lafreniere isn't going to break out like MacKinnon did and comparing their first 4 seasons on paper is dumb for that reason.

MacKinnon is arguably the most dynamic player in the entire league, he just took a long time to figure out how to use his ungodly combination of speed and skill.

Lafreniere has a mediocre toolset but has high-level IQ and skill. He'll be a darn good player but he's no MacKinnon and putting up 57 points playing beside a 120 point superstar and a 77 point #1 center all year doesn't mean he's close to Sanderson in value.
LaF not = or > MacK, but he is already a superior F w/elite status around the corner.
He is fully BOTH a passenger AND a driver on that line, one of the best 5x5.

Ergo, your comments, esp intro paragraph, unfairly dis LaF.
Issue is not if LaF > MacK, no one said that; the hype did not say THAT.

He is an exceptional player generating signif quality results w/mo upside.
The statistical comparison reports he is favorable if not slightly ahead of MacK is nice, and while LaF may not turn into arguably most dynamic player b'c lacks elite skating, your constant dis is inappropriate.

Tell it like it is, let your conscience be your guide.

.... of course, ^ presumes you are honest to have a conscience that can be fair.

Would something around trouba a pick and/or kakko be a consideration? We could take a contract like Joseph to help balance money as needed.

I know the first reaction is to slam this but there are two legitimate reasons I look at trouba in a deal here. 1. It helps balance the LD RD thing for Ottawa and for nyr. 2. Trouba could take some of the pressure/role off of Brady for the leadership and physicality, and maybe let the kid breathe a little bit again.

I realize the modified ntc comes to play, but Ottawa doesn't feel like Winnipeg (no offense) when it comes to that Canadian city isolation he didn't really seem to care for in the past. I don't know the implications for his wife's career and such that played into the NYC move.
Yardbarker reports KK extended/being extended officially today.
no rfa

not impossible he gets dealt, but mo likely he will be kept w/Cuylle + Chytil tho they may look to add a 3C

pass on Chych

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Reading through this thread, I do agree with the posters who've said Chychrun's value is probably at its highest later in summer or even closer to the next trade deadline. Teams are going to want to take their swings at the UFA d-men first. However Ottawa also has buisness to take care of at the draft and July 1, so they'd wanna get a Chychrun deal done sooner rather than later.

Am I crazy to think a "return" to the Utah organization could make a lot of sense? They need to add 3-4 NHL quality d-men to their roster (assuming only Durzi, Moser, Soderstrom return), so they can do buisness in both UFA and through trades. They also have a surplus of picks that most teams don't.

For Chychrun, he played his best hockey under Tourigny. I don't think anyone can blame him for wanting out of a Coyotes organization that was, to put it bluntly, a f***ing joke. I could see him open to return for at least a year. Worst case scenario he pumps up his UFA value on a team he's had personal success with.

For Ottawa, the GM who acquired Chychrun is gone. Sounds like new management just wants to get something of value and move on. Which Utah could give them a few 2nd's that Ottawa could either use or flip.

Utah, if the rumors are true gets the Canes UFA d-men, could have a nice top 4 next year of:
Chychrun-Pesce
Skjei-Durzi

I could also see Carolina being a team interested in Chychrun. They'll have d-men to replace and they love their reclamation projects
Why would GMBA trade for a Dman who forced his way out of GMBA's org previously, often injured, me-first attitude, expiring contract and will probably ask for a trade again at the TDL?

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

You totally wrong on laf… forget the trade cause Bern always proposes trades for unavailable players.
Trading Sanderson for OTT makes absolutely no sense.
However you’re selling Laffy short… Panarin doesn’t put up 120 without him….
And god forbid NYR stick their 1 OA pick on the PP….
He’d already Be a PPG player…..

Brady Tkachuk/Laf had pretty much the same Even strength points.

Laf was also a PPG Player in the playoffs, scoring some highlight reel goals in the process.
Not an easy thing to do for a 22 year old kid.
He’s just scratching the surface of what he can be now. His shot and hands are too good not to pile up points on the PP With Fox feeding him in his wheel house.

It’s not even really worth discussing. OTT doesn’t move Sanderson and Rangers wouldn’t deal Laf. That’s pretty much where it starts and ends…..

OTT really needs to make the playoffs….. if they go another season without making it, I’d wager some guys start to get real grumpy and might ask to be moved… if not publicly, then privately.

These guys are all competitors. They don’t want to feel like they are wasting their primes on a lost cause.
Just like in Buffalo, Eichel had enough…
Sens are in real danger of going that route shortly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad