Value of: Actual realistic offers for Chychrun from other fanbases

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Am seeing a lot of ha-ha re: my post #48.

Don't want to thread hijack, so when I get a chance in a wk or so, will do a separate thread on discussion of trade w/core of LaF + Sanderson, where all extensive discussion of that should go.

That said, I have the right to briefly respond and defend myself.

The deal was
LaF = a #1oa
Gabe P = what, I forget, 20oa?
and a lesser pick(s)

for

Sanderson = a 5oa
Pinto = a 2nd rounder 32oa
and better pick(s)

now, where a player is selected is not an overriding factor, merely one factor which approximates a temporary consensus for what market value is.

ponder that
and ha ha yourself
Sanderson is more untouchable than Brady Tkachuk. It’s a non starter.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
In this draft, maybe we see someone with a pick between 15-20th overall, send their pick with a current rostered player to Ottawa in return for Chychrun. That’s probably the best type of deal we’ll see.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sanderson is more untouchable than Brady Tkachuk. It’s a non starter.
You are entitled to that op, and the Sens base may conclude that.

But my point was that is a lot of profit to leave on the table, esp since you are also coming out ahead on cap.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Chychrun, since coming to Ottawa, has seen his “value” change in the following ways:

+: played a full 82, able to stay healthy
+: continued to display very good goal scoring ability and ability to eat a decent amount of minutes
-: cannot be relied on as a shutdown option
-: cannot be relied on for physicality
-: struggles on his offside
-: struggles to drive/create his own offense
-: mediocre outlet
-: needs a certain type of partner to succeed
-: impending UFA due for raise
-: terrible body language
What sort of partner does he need to succeed?

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge

Don't want to thread hijack, so when I get a chance in a wk or so, will do a separate thread on discussion of trade w/core of LaF + Sanderson, where all extensive discussion of that should go.

The deal was
LaF = a #1oa
and a lesser pick(s)

for

Sanderson = a 5oa
and better pick(s)

now, where a player is selected is not an overriding factor, merely one factor which approximates a temporary consensus for what market value is.

ponder that
and ha ha yourself

I mean with this logic Fox is a third round pick and Tyler Boucher is a top ten first round pick so you must be thrilled for the opportunity to trade them 1 for 1, plus think of all the cap you save.

That is how you sound. The only person who you listed who is close enough to his draft year for that to have any relevance is Gabe P. I mean despite the second half of Laf's season Im not sure I would trade Pinto for him one for one let alone Sanderson.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Is he soft? Haven't seen him much. If so Torts (Flyers) should stay away

He isn't soft, but he doesn't play as physical as you'd think for a guy in the shape he is in.

He's inconsistent. Can look pretty good defensively one game then he's full of brain facts the next.

Has an absolute cannon from rhe point. Offensively minded and shifty. He's a legit top 4 defenseman. Anchors the second pair on a good team.

He just isn't needed on the senators. They already had 2 lfd ahead of him. If he played the right side they'd be fine with him. But dorion being dorion just wanted to bring in a Shiney name and overpaid to get him.

If the sens trade him they won't get what they give up. But youngish top 4 defensemen always command a decent return and thats exactly what he is.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I mean with this logic Fox is a third round pick and Tyler Boucher is a top ten first round pick so you must be thrilled for the opportunity to trade them 1 for 1, plus think of all the cap you save.

That is how you sound. The only person who you listed who is close enough to his draft year for that to have any relevance is Gabe P. I mean despite the second half of Laf's season Im not sure I would trade Pinto for him one for one let alone Sanderson.
thanks for the reply
this is obv disingenuous
and we are not close on the same pg

I said draft slotting is NOT the only consideration
you bring up Fox who was a 3rd rnd pick
He is also Norris quality, which you ignore = disingenuous

As to LaF < Pinto
Again, we are not on the same pg
Don't consider SP = chopped liver, BUT
LaF = already Steve Vickers level, still further emerging, his 1 signif flaw, his skating, now fully par/par +. He is a 5x5 producer.
All by his lonesome, taking into account cap hit he is ballpark if not > Sanderson, who is 8+ cap hit. LaF due a big raise w/his rfa kicking in soon, but that is not gonna be 8+ per, so that is a big cap hit.

Love Sanderson, but would not prop this except NY has to wait 1-ish yrs min for Fortescue to get here.

We are not on the same pg, we will politely agree to disagree

I'd do this in a heartbeat
Ul commands more

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Just gonna dangle this and get flamed for it

Something around Chycrun and Boston's 1st to Toronto for Marner + with maybe some other supplementary trade elsewhere or small retention to make the numbers work.

All we ever hear is how TO needs a a goalie or a d and how awful Marner is.

Well....here ya go

Reactions: StutzlesNumber1Fan

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
thanks for the reply
this is obv disingenuous

As to LaF < Pinto
LaF = already Steve Vickers level, still further emerging, his 1 signif flaw, his skating, now fully par/par +. He is a 5x5 producer.
All by his lonesome, taking into account cap hit he is ballpark if not > Sanderson, who is 8+ cap hit. LaF due a big raise w/his rfa kicking in soon, but that is not gonna be 8+ per, so that is a big cap hit.

Love Sanderson, but would not prop this except NY has to wait 1-ish yrs min for Fortescue to get here.

Ul commands more
I didnt ignore it I used your justification and took it to its logical extreme. I think Laf is probably a better player then Pinto but I dont think Laf is so much better that it trumps positional needs. Hence me being unsure if I would do it one for one but it would be a consideration.

Pinto has not yet shown everything he can be due to the injuries and suspension and they are close to the same age.

Sanderson is a future Norris candidate, he may never win but he will be top 3 at least once or twice.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I didnt ignore it I used your justification and took it to its logical extreme. I think Laf is probably a better player then Pinto but I dont think Laf is so much better that it trumps positional needs. Hence me being unsure if I would do it one for one but it would be a consideration.

Pinto has not yet shown everything he can be due to the injuries and suspension and they are close to the same age.

Sanderson is a future Norris candidate, he may never win but he will be top 3 at least once or twice.
fair enuf, but da bold = you admit distorting actual values to make a point, the merits of which become contaminated

Again, prefer to keep Sanderson, that is your right to choose to go there.
But as to value, above and beyond draft order slotting, it was a fair offer w/Sens turning a lot down.

Peace out
And let me know if you want to bid on Shesterkin at top top $

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
He's inconsistent. Can look pretty good defensively one game then he's full of brain facts the next.
I have no opinion on Chychrun but I love the idea of him screening the goalie while shouting random facts about the human brain.

Smashing a guy into the boards and then leaning down to say "Did you know the average brain weighs three pounds?".

Trips McDavid on a breakaway and says "Wernicke's area is located in Brodmann area 22 and is the center of language comprehension in the brain, bitch."

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
thanks for the reply
this is obv disingenuous

As to LaF < Pinto

Ul commands more
I wouldn't consider Laf superior to Pinto, I feel like Pinto show as much promise this year as Laf did the only thing Laf has over him is draft pedigree,

And Chychrun for Ullmark is actually a fair deal IMO maybe the sens add a 2nd but I doubt its that far off.

Just gonna dangle this and get flamed for it

Something around Chycrun and Boston's 1st to Toronto for Marner + with maybe some other supplementary trade elsewhere or small retention to make the numbers work.

All we ever hear is how TO needs a a goalie or a d and how awful Marner is.

Well....here ya go
I'd rather the Sens go for Ullmark than commit to a 10m dollar winger and I like Marner but any deal of the Sens taking on a contract like that has to have Norris going back the other way

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

The deal was
LaF = a #1oa
and a lesser pick(s)

for

Sanderson = a 5oa
and better pick(s)

ponder that
and ha ha yourself
You're not helping yourself here.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Will always fondly remember the several months HF thought this guy was the 2nd coming. That he would transform whatever blueline got him. Ottawa got absolutely rinsed on that deal.

If I was a team thinking of acquiring him I would either stop doing that, hold out for a bargain, or simply just sign Brady Skjei short term. Chychrun can score some goals and that's the only thing he does that's above average top 4 D level.
He was amazing down the stretch when we picked him up, but he didn’t play like same player most of this year.
That said he was still one of the leading goal scoring Dmen with a bomb of a shot.
Not sure what happened but he’s certainly better on the D side than he showed a lot of last year because we’ve seen it. Maybe Ottawa being shit show with historically bad goaltending had something to do with it.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002

The deal was
LaF = a #1oa
and a lesser pick(s)

for

Sanderson = a 5oa
and better pick(s)

ponder that
and ha ha yourself

wtf even is this?
there is nothing to ponder here - Sanderson isn’t going anywhere, and he’s certainly not going anywhere for that proposal.
He’s our best Fking player lol

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
You are entitled to that op, and the Sens base may conclude that.

But my point was that is a lot of profit to leave on the table, esp since you are also coming out ahead on cap.

There is no profit left on the table.
Zero.
on what planet does a team trade a legit #1 D man for a pretty good winger for our 2nd line.
Let alone add f***ing Pinto?!

It’s absurd. Just stop.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm sure most sens fans including myself would want quite a bit for chychrun. So I'm just asking what other fans would offer.

So while I doubt we'll get a high first rounder and an excellent prospect, I also doubt all were getting is a 2nd rounder as well. Chychrun at the deadline would still fetch a late first from a contender.
Dude has been on a downslide since before he came to Ottawa and did himself no favours in Ottawa with his play and attitude. I can't imagine him getting anything remotely close to what would make sens fans happy. He is a depreciating asset who has already depreciated quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad