Rumor: Action heating up as Wild look to deal McBain's rights

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Not sure I get the stance from the Rangers point of view that he can step right in and play. Is there much difference between McBain and Morgan Barron?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Have a feeling he goes to Toronto. They could actually slot him in at 2 Lw for now and work him into the 3c slot if he prefers center next year.

Reactions: teddygmr

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Arizona will have one of the very first picks in the 2nd round. If McBain will sign, I’d definitely consider moving that pick for him.
I think the key thing is McBain's willingness to sign with any team. Guerin has asked his agent for a list of teams that he would be willing to sign with- not sure if ARI is on it.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think the key thing is McBain's willingness to sign with any team. Guerin has asked his agent for a list of teams that he would be willing to sign with- not sure if ARI is on it.
Whatever is the issue in Minny, I think Arizona is quite a different situation. Travis Boyd is the only center signed for next season. Barrett Hayton is an RFA. Other than that, they have NOBODY. It’s also a team focused exclusively on developing young players. They aren’t focused on wins over development. It’s all about the youth. Also, every single day is sunny and warm.

Maybe none of those are the reasons why he’s not interested in Minny. But I think AZ is distinctly different for enough reasons, that it makes sense to speculate he MIGHT be interested.

If he was interested in a competitive team with a chance to win, and a hockey mad market with a rabid and supportive fan base, and fantastic hockey culture and tradition, he wouldn’t be leaving the Wild. Of course this is all speculative.

I just think the two teams are so vastly different that it’s safe to say that whatever he’s not happy about with Minny, probably isn’t an issue in AZ. Unless, he just wants to play in his hometown or something. But if they were the case, we wouldn’t have these rumors that we have.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His skating has gotten much better but I still don't see it being good enough at the NHL level for him to pop as a top six player. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid prospect with size and skill but if the Wild can get a 2nd round pick or use him as the equivalent of a 2nd round pick in a trade, they'll have gotten a return on their investment.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really have no idea what Guerin is looking for. I hope it's a pick or two, as MN will need them in the next three years. Maybe a RHD defensively minded prospect with size, but if they are any good they will be highly prized. Sort of a RH Kleven. Korczak, maybe... I haven't kept up on his progress.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Whatever is the issue in Minny, I think Arizona is quite a different situation. Travis Boyd is the only center signed for next season. Barrett Hayton is an RFA. Other than that, they have NOBODY. It’s also a team focused exclusively on developing young players. They aren’t focused on wins over development. It’s all about the youth. Also, every single day is sunny and warm.

Maybe none of those are the reasons why he’s not interested in Minny. But I think AZ is distinctly different for enough reasons, that it makes sense to speculate he MIGHT be interested.

If he was interested in a competitive team with a chance to win, and a hockey mad market with a rabid and supportive fan base, and fantastic hockey culture and tradition, he wouldn’t be leaving the Wild. Of course this is all speculative.

I just think the two teams are so vastly different that it’s safe to say that whatever he’s not happy about with Minny, probably isn’t an issue in AZ. Unless, he just wants to play in his hometown or something. But if they were the case, we wouldn’t have these rumors that we have.
The whole thing is kind of weird, to me. Guerin should be thrilled to have a young C prospect with size...if McBain is daunted by competing with Gaudreau, Dewar and Bjugstad then I have to question his mettle.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
1647560857252.png

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They lose his rights weeks after the season ends, there's plenty of time to make a deal with the whole league.
Then he has no incentive to sign, as there's no more hockey to be played this season. So he'll just wait to be a free agent and pick whichever team he wants.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The whole thing is kind of weird, to me. Guerin should be thrilled to have a young C prospect with size...if McBain is daunted by competing with Gaudreau, Dewar and Bjugstad then I have to question his mettle.
if that's why he's holding back I think he's alarmingly unsure of himself.

Reactions: Gecklund

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
McBain is either greedy or a fool if he doesn't think he has a future with the Wild, the most center-poor team....forever.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s playing the cards he was dealt. The Wild are going to move him. Whether they have 2nd round offers, and he’s not wanting to sign with those teams either, is obviously a possibility.

The sooner the Wild can move his rights, the better. Gives them more options heading into Monday.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He’s playing the cards he was dealt. The Wild are going to move him. Whether they have 2nd round offers, and he’s not wanting to sign with those teams either, is obviously a possibility.

The sooner the Wild can move his rights, the better. Gives them more options heading into Monday.
Any trade would be conditional on him signing

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Could be why he hasn’t moved yet. If he wants to play in a certain city who hasn’t offered, he can do this. If we don’t see him moved by Monday, it’s probably exactly what he’s doing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Could be why he hasn’t moved yet. If he wants to play in a certain city who hasn’t offered, he can do this. If we don’t see him moved by Monday, it’s probably exactly what he’s doing.
I can a trade happen where the wild get a conditional 2nd if he signs with the new team when his university is over. A team would be nuts to trade a high pick only to have him walk away

Reactions: Petes2424

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild would need to allow the teams to talk with him. He could opt to become a UFA on June 15th(I think that's the date this year)
I can a trade happen where the wild get a conditional 2nd if he signs with the new team when his university is over. A team would be nuts to trade a high pick only to have him walk away

They have already given him permission to speak to other teams, and asked for a list he would sign with. Any team that gets him is gonna sign him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Kevin Hayes did not sign with the Bruins but signed with the rival Rangers. Not a given that he would sign with the Leafs.
Its still the region, to people of the area it's different yet from my travels they're quite close as alike. So many people are asking why he wants to not sign with Minny and really a lot of these college UFA guys want to stay in the area they're from or went to college. And yeah the north east overall area could be any of those clubs you're close by.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad