Rumor: Action heating up as Wild look to deal McBain's rights

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I wonder if the senators make a call here. There's plenty of kids around the org all growing their game in various places, but this guy would fit well with the age of the core they've already got on the ice. With Tierney, Paul, Sanford, Ennis all about to walk into free agency, this could be a good move for both sides. Plus they have two seconds.

Reactions: 57special

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
I imagine Montreal is out of ruuning after they acquired Smiliac
Why would the Habs be out of running, it is not like we are stacked with center prospects. The guy is from Toronto so he may be looking to sign there but he may also be tempted to go to Montreal and be part of the rebuilt where he increases his chances of getting NHL time

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
You really should leave your personal politics at the door.
He tweeted shitty ignorant tweets about George floyd and his murder. Sorry, not politic. It was bs racist and then was forced to delete it. As a black person, not going to stand here and be like what he did is political

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well ask is 2bd round pick. Rumors are 2nd round pick and more is being offered. Wild have a bunch of good LD for now and future. So with all due respect, our gm made it clear he will make him wait and isn't going to just accept whatever for him
Can’t that backfire when he can just walk away in the summer?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Can’t that backfire when he can just walk away in the summer?
Sure. But that has downsides as well, BG has kinda made it known he doesn't put up with prospects that don't toe the party line(Menell, Khovanon).

If it comes down to a 5th or forcing Menell to wait until Aug 15th to sign, thus McBain not getting to burn a year of his ELC, wouldn't shock me to see BG make him wait.

If their isn't a scenario that's mutually beneficial to the Wild and McBain, why would the Wild do McBain a favor?

Reactions: 57special

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If he wants opportunity at C, Detroit can give it to him this year and next year too.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He tweeted shitty ignorant tweets about George floyd and his murder. Sorry, not politic. It was bs racist and then was forced to delete it. As a black person, not going to stand here and be like what he did is political

I was unaware of these tweets, do you have a link to a screen shot or article? I tried to Google it and only found his basic Trump/Republican stuff and a retreat from his brother condemning both the George Floyd murder and the Riots.

BTW Quebec is very liberal and him being a vocal Republican/Trump voter was a mini scandal and in the news.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was unaware of these tweets, do you have a link to a screen shot or article? I tried to Google it and only found his basic Trump/Republican stuff and a retreat from his brother condemning both the George Floyd murder and the Riots.

BTW Quebec is very liberal and him being a vocal Republican/Trump voter was a mini scandal and in the news.

This is what he's referring to

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If I'm the Penguins, I would be all over this. Given how relatively light their center prospect pool is, this would be a good move. Naturally, what he's done in the NCAA is what you HOPE your 2nd round pick does in 3-4 years. I think would help bridge the coming gap at center for the Penguins. 2nd? Yes.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Sharks probably have an appealing route to the NHL for McBain but I don't know if we have any interesting assets to dangle for the Wild. They don't need much and the Sharks don't have a 2nd in this draft. They do in 2023 but I don't know if they're going to make that available here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad