Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXXXIV -- The Doggiest Days (Woof!) 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Who gives a crap about OT, there's nothing else to discuss at the moment ;)

Yes, there is a fair distribution of members on Reddit. For example, there are 11 000 people subscribed to the Caps sub-reddit, 13 000 to the Habs sub-reddit and 28 000 to the Leafs sub-reddit. I realize there are far less active members than that, but it represents the distribution accurately.

Here on HF, Leafs and Habs fans alone outnumber us 50 to 1. If there was a down vote and upvote system, our voice would never be heard. We're not a very vocal fanbase anyway :laugh:

200w.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, the worst posts get buried when enough people down vote, but unpopular legit opinions don't get down voted as long as they're accompanied by a compelling argument. One feature I like is down voting entire threads. If you make a stupid thread or a thread to provoke other people, it will get buried before a moderator could shut it down. In a way, Reddit moderates itself to an extent, it's a different concept.

This is by no means a criticism of HF or its moderators, you guys do a great job, and I have no intention of leaving this forum. I just wish people were a bit more courteous.

You're the best g00n, keep up the good work :)

Only 1230 and already drunk?!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I can drink in Canada but not in the US. When I traveled down to DC for game 2 vs the Leafs, they wouldn't give me the Budweiser glass that lights up when the Caps score. I wanted that and the glowing sticks. I got a stupid cow bell and a cup with "Unleash the fury" written on it.

**** me.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
I can drink in Canada but not in the US. When I traveled down to DC for game 2 vs the Leafs, they wouldn't give me the Budweiser glass that lights up when the Caps score. I wanted that and the glowing sticks. I got a stupid cow bell and a cup with "Unleash the fury" written on it.

**** me.

say-not-interested.jpg

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Reddit sucks. I'd rather go back to reading BBSs on a 2400 baud modem.

Back on topic and my sober and completely biased Friday Hot Take: With the selection of #25 Smith-Pelly will be a absolute bust. What a terrible number.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Reddit sucks. I'd rather go back to reading BBSs on a 2400 baud modem.

Back on topic and my sober and completely biased Friday Hot Take: With the selection of #25 Smith-Pelly will be a absolute bust. What a terrible number.

The last two guys to have worn #25 for the Caps were Jason Chimera and Viktor Kozlov. They both served the Caps very well.

DSP will suck but he'd suck with any number on his back.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
The last two guys to have worn #25 for the Caps were Jason Chimera and Viktor Kozlov. They both served the Caps very well.

DSP will suck but he'd suck with any number on his back.

How many times have we heard that? And then they end up having career years with the caps lol

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
But therrien doesn't seem to understand offense right? Haha at least that's what hfboards tells us

That's different, Scotty Bowman couldn't turn DSP into a productive player. His career high is 17 freaking points in a season :help:

He's slow, out of shape and he's lost in the woods positionally. It's not just that he lacks defensive awareness, at times he appears to have no clue where he should be in his own end. He has a good wrist shot and he can throw big hits. That's about it.

This is a bit like the Brett Connolly experiment except he's less talented.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We also heard Eller was being held back by the coaching in MTL but he didn't improve at all.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well...we've heard every forward has been held back by Trotz' coaching, so....yeah

True. But the line is usually that Trotz's system favors grinders and bottom 6 guys over finesse players. Eller was supposed to be a defensively responsible grinder type with offensive upside that has been held back by poor handling in MTL.

I think we're finding out that Eller probably is what he is, even if Trotz does put the clamps on some of the other flashier players. I doubt Eller would see that much of a jump in production if Lavi were coach instead, for example.

So in other words, we'll see about DSP but I'm not holding my breath for a breakout simply based on complaints about MTL's methods.

p.s. can you head over to the Skins thread and give us a scouting report/take on Kaepernick?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
True. But the line is usually that Trotz's system favors grinders and bottom 6 guys over finesse players. Eller was supposed to be a defensively responsible grinder type with offensive upside that has been held back by poor handling in MTL.

I think we're finding out that Eller probably is what he is, even if Trotz does put the clamps on some of the other flashier players. I doubt Eller would see that much of a jump in production if Lavi were coach instead, for example.

So in other words, we'll see about DSP but I'm not holding my breath for a breakout simply based on complaints about MTL's methods.

p.s. can you head over to the Skins thread and give us a scouting report/take on Kaepernick?

I will leave sullying the Skins thread to you, as you seem to be doing a heckuva job on your own?:popcorn:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's a good thing he makes insightful comments instead of stating what everybody knows already.

I missed the insightful comments. I guess they weren't posted here. What I'm reading appear to be Capt Obvious cliches and straw grasping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad