Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Those guys may be shut down, for all some of the other veterans are contributing, they could be shut down as well......but that blueline...yikes!....only interest is seeing how Pedan and Trymankin play the rest of the way.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don't think anyone said let's try hard for the 14th spot.....people wanted to make the playoffs which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, or is there something wrong with that? This team got injured and frankly isn't good enough so they fell, I actually don't think they stopped trying up until a few games ago.

I like to see it as the overly optimistic vs those who know the Canucks are not in the miracle happy ending business.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I like to see it as the overly optimistic vs those who know the Canucks are not in the miracle happy ending business.

Yes it seems that after a bad year the I told you so crew has been very happy to say I told you so. Even if it came a year after they were completely wrong. Now the conversation is this team is so bad it never had a chance to compete for a PO spot, which they use the standings as proof as. However ignoring the Monteal, Ottawa, Winnepeg and Calgary all made the playoffs like vancouver last year and now surround The Canucks in the standing. Were all these teams obviously too bad to compete for the playoffs or is there a lot of movement year to year and the difference between 10 and 30 in the nhl is not that large. I am happy for the tank but not so much a fan of self righteousness of early tank fans. This unintentional tank is probably the best thing that could have happened high draft pick without hurting integrity of team.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
It is really tough to say who will come out on top this game. They are fairly evenly matched a the moment. It could turn out to be a fairly entertaining game of hockey.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It is really tough to say who will come out on top this game. They are fairly evenly matched a the moment. It could turn out to be a fairly entertaining game of hockey.

The other two games went the Jets way in a pretty clear fashion: 4-1 and 5-2. Wouldn't surprise me if we see the same outcome. (We should be taking advantage of the Jets' goaltending but somehow that hasn't happened this season...)

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Tough to say whats really going on theres so much about could be true what mccann and virtanen are saying or if it really is true that everyones chocked at daniel for his harsh attacks and comments

Kinda conflicting now its easy for us to say tank tank tank but for them is a harder choice i guess

No choice at all... professional athletes don't tank... ever.

Management can put them in a good position to lose (even unintentionally like Dim Jim) but players play to win, or for a new contact, or for a job the upcoming season.... they never play to lose.

That my opinion anyways.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
The other two games went the Jets way in a pretty clear fashion: 4-1 and 5-2. Wouldn't surprise me if we see the same outcome. (We should be taking advantage of the Jets' goaltending but somehow that hasn't happened this season...)

It's all about expectation management :laugh:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
As of today, we are 3 points back of last and a guarantee of Matthews/Puju/Laine/Chych. Don't mess this up Jimbo!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Would be an above average 2nd line in the AHL.

This was the Comets' #1 line before Gaunce was called up.

It was altered and then Grenier was called up.

It was further altered and Higgins got a hatty.

Then Higgins was called up and now the Comets don't have a #1 line. They also don't have an AHL level 2, 3 or 4 line either.

PTO/Bancks/PTO
Kenins/Friesen/ATO - Friesen/Kenins take turns turning it over.
PTO/Hensick (AHL loan)/LaBate
PTO/Cassels/PTO

You think your lines are looking different. At least you know who your guys are.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Man a regulation loss would be so satisfying but after Daniel's comments, I'm scared.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Man a regulation loss would be so satisfying but after Daniel's comments, I'm scared.

I'm not. The Jets own us because of their size (much like LA and SJ). I'd be pretty shocked if we managed to win this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad