Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Looking for a lost here and no ot! We don't need no pts, keep dropping one of the fins preferably or Chychrun come draft day!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Unfortunately I think we win this one. Then proceed to get mauled in St.louis and Nashville

Yep. I think so too. I'd love to be wrong though. ;)

As CanaFan mentioned also, Daniel's comments just might push everyone to a win.

I have to say though; I haven't felt, lately, that the Twins have been giving 100 percent either..

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Go Jets!

I expect Canucks will win 3 to 1. Jets are on a tank mission from god.

Yep. Massive Jet Tank. Huge!

latest
:)

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
You guys call yourself Canucks fans? It's Gaunce lol.

Anyways scared we're gonna win this one and move back to picking 7th overall :(

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
At least to me (after the Canadiens) the Jets are the biggest, and saddest, surprise this year. Besides the obvious Price injury, the Jets are the biggest tanking Tank King this year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep, it's 30th place overall or bust on this three game road-swing....with a loss tomorrow night, could easily see an 0-3 road-trip....only possible setback to our destiny would be a lights-out performance from our goaltenders....even then probably won't be enough, given how bad this lineup is right now.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No option now other than Matthews Laine or Pullji

4-1 Jets are goal by Virtanen

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Funny thought:

I remember all those yelling at the 'tank' crowd a dozen games ago..and how it wasn't being a 'true fan' to do so...Seems times have changed.

I'm not stirring an unsettled pot here, I'm just pointing out that perceptions change, and loving your team can still involve hoping for a better draft pick when it's obvious.

Now, as I was still neutral then, I had no beef, and still do not, but it seems clear that it should be pointed out, in a neutral manner...

During the last few days of newspaper sports articles, and radio, it seems okay to talk about it now, without turning on the team you love..

But, by no means am I saying 'I told you so', nor advocating people to say so..as that would be rude, and childish.

I'm just saying it is okay to say it now, and hope for great players to be available to be drafted by the team that we love and bleed for...

\ rant. :) and lovin' the future.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Funny thought:

I remember all those yelling at the 'tank' crowd a dozen games ago..and how it wasn't being a 'true fan' to do so...Seems times have changed.

I'm not stirring an unsettled pot here, I'm just pointing out that perceptions change, and loving your team can still involve hoping for a better draft pick when it's obvious.

Now, as I was still neutral then, I had no beef, and still do not, but it seems clear that it should be pointed out, in a neutral manner...

During the last few days of newspaper sports articles, and radio, it seems okay to talk about it now, without turning on the team you love..

But, by no means am I saying 'I told you so', nor advocating people to say so..as that would be rude, and childish.

I'm just saying it is okay to say it now, and hope for great players to be available to be drafted by the team that we love and bleed for...

There's a difference between cheering for the tank once your team is all but eliminated from the playoffs then rooting for the tank when your team is in a playoff spot. Not really funny...mostly common sense.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Funny thought:

It's a weird situation to be in.

When I get home and check the box score, I am hoping for a loss. Not going to lie. But when I watch the game, I still cheer for the team, and cheer when we score.

I'm not sure how to explain the difference, but it's there.

I blame the nhl for fostering this though. Make it a full lottery, and end this nonsense.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
There's a difference between cheering for the tank once your team is all but eliminated from the playoffs then rooting for the tank when your team is in a playoff spot. Not really funny...mostly common sense.

What about calling out switchers for their "I'd rather they draft 14 than see the team struggle and draft top 4. It's bad for the kiddies.".

Last edited:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
It's a weird situation to be in.

When I get home and check the box score, I am hoping for a loss. Not going to lie. But when I watch the game, I still cheer for the team, and cheer when we score.

I'm not sure how to explain the difference, but it's there.

I blame the nhl for fostering this though. Make it a full lottery, and end this nonsense.

Loving the lottery change idea. As we are now in a cap-strapped salary era, this needs to be addressed fast.

Plus, I realize why Daniel is stressed...the young guns don't know how to pretend to give it their all....it's an art, really. ;)

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Not sure how this even remotely applies to my post. Perhaps you can enlighten us?

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
What about calling out switchers for their "I rather try hard and draft 14 than see the team struggle and draft top 4. It's bad for the kiddies.".

I don't think anyone said let's try hard for the 14th spot.....people wanted to make the playoffs which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, or is there something wrong with that? This team got injured and frankly isn't good enough so they fell, I actually don't think they stopped trying up until a few games ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad