Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PRESEASON 1 - Blue Jackets 3 BRUINS 2 - F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Whats the score? I lost the TV to this stupid debate.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Players who stood out to me in order

Forwards

1. DeBrusk - works hard, good acceleration, goes to the " hard " areas, solid all around play. Had an oops moment when he blew an edge in OT, but the kid battled hard all night. I'd like to see more of his shot.

2. Czarnik - spooner-like. Crafty, good speed and hands. Loses a lot of puck battles in the corners and faceoffs.

3. Heinen - smart player, active stick, good puck skills. He plays a lot like LE21

4. Kuraly - he just might be the fastest Bruins prospect I've seen. He doesn't have the hands to take advantage of his speed but his positioning is solid and I liked his work on the PK

Defense

1. Carlo - I can't think of a mistake he made all night. He comes as advertised: fast for his size, good decision making

2. O'Gara - I didn't notice him much in the third, but I thought he looked polished in the first and second. I will say he's slower than I thought he would be, but not Tommy Cross slow. Like with Carlo, I liked his decision making with the puck.

3. Zboril - So smooth when skating with the puck. When he was on, he looked just as good as Carlo. He had some correctable mistakes, but they were more than the other two aforementioned young dmen.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Obviously Czarnik was the most impressive tonight. Looked like NHL level talent. Speed, skill, drive, decision making, sense.. Just one game but I'm sold. :P

Other guys that impressed me were Cave, Kuraly, Carlo, O'Gara..

Young guys that look promising, but still really raw.. Debrusk, Heinen, Zboril, Cehlarik..

Vets looking alright.. Miller, Liles, Nash, Hayes..

Guys with some issues.. Griffith.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Players who stood out to me in order

Forwards

1. DeBrusk - works hard, good acceleration, goes to the " hard " areas, solid all around play. Had an oops moment when he blew an edge in OT, but the kid battled hard all night. I'd like to see more of his shot.

2. Czarnik - spooner-like. Crafty, good speed and hands. Loses a lot of puck battles in the corners and faceoffs.

3. Heinen - smart player, active stick, good puck skills. He plays a lot like LE21

4. Kuraly - he just might be the fastest Bruins prospect I've seen. He doesn't have the hands to take advantage of his speed but his positioning is solid and I liked his work on the PK

Defense

1. Carlo - I can't think of a mistake he made all night. He comes as advertised: fast for his size, good decision making

2. O'Gara - I didn't notice him much in the third, but I thought he looked polished in the first and second. I will say he's slower than I thought he would be, but not Tommy Cross slow. Like with Carlo, I liked his decision making with the puck.

3. Zboril - So smooth when skating with the puck. When he was on, he looked just as good as Carlo. He had some correctable mistakes, but they were more than the other two aforementioned young dmen.
Agree on all points here, watched for the same things.
Especially liked Czarnik, wouldn't mind him playing a 3rd C role if we have to give one up for a d.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad