Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PRESEASON 1 - Blue Jackets 3 BRUINS 2 - F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Finally got to watch the game.

Best players to my eyes were...
Carlo
Heinen
Czarnik
Miller

-Heinen is so smart and crafty. A lot of Eriksson in there.

-I made a Marchand comparison for Czarnik and I'm sticking to it. Quick, darting, wants the puck... He can also open up his hips when he rushes down the RW like Spooner does down the left wall, which is a tricky move that catches a lot of D sleeping.

-Carlo is a stud. Period. He's big, he's got tremendous mobility and range. He's physical. He jumps up in the play... He reminds me of Colton Parayko.

Other guys I thought looked solid...
DeBrusk - Well rounded. Just a solid hockey player.
Cehlarik - Made some good defensive plays, at least two to save scoring chances right in front.
Cave - Where did he come from?
Hayes - I thought he was moving well. He can scoot when he gets going. Keep it simple and drive the net and he can play in the league.
Griffith - No puck luck in this game but was around the puck all night and had several almost plays that would have resulted in scoring chances.
Kuraly - Pure speed. He didn't show it but he has a really hard shot too. Not that accurate but a lot of power in that wrister. Could be a Paille-type for this team in the not too distant future.

Quiet night from...
Morrow - With his career hinging on this season, I would have liked to see more from him.
O'Gara - I know he's not flashy and there were so many players to watch I didn't really focus on him, so maybe quiet is a good thing for O'Gara.
Nash - Hopefully just some veteran rust.
Zboril - After reading the comments I was expecting more from him during the game. I thought he was just OK.
Liles - Didn't really show up til the OT. Like Nash, hopefully that's just some veteran rust.

Good write up, but I think you are severely underrating O'Gara's play here. I thought he was nearly as good as Carlo. His game is calmer and more under control, which may be why he doesn't stand out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Schaller is injured.

Thanks.

I'm probably one of the few around here who thinks Schaller has a legit shot at that 4th line LW/PK job. He was signed on day 1 of free agency so seems like Sweeney targeted him, unlike most AHL veteran filler that is signed later in the summer.

Grant is probably just victim of the numbers game thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad