Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PRESEASON 1 - Blue Jackets 3 BRUINS 2 - F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
March-berg-pasta- this line belongs together pasta is our most skilled rw he will bloom into a 25-30 goal scorer here

Beleksey-DK-spooner- spooner has chemistry with beleksey and Dk will cover spooner's weak spots faceoffs/defense

Debrusk-backes-hayes I like what I saw with debrusk and hayes and I think backes can teach hayes how to use a big body.

?-Cnarik-? No idea who to put together here but i think cnarik deseves a roster spot somewhere.

Chara-colin miller .
Krug-mcquaid
Liles-k.miller

the fact that is our current pairings make me puke can we please trade for trouba

You forgot about Moore and Nash, both locks to make the team. Also Randell hopefully makes it. Should be 2 or 3 spots open for kids DeBrusk was solid last night and Hienens game was pretty good as well. Still a long time until start of the season.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I love Czarnik and he does have the benefit of a year in the AHL already. Based on last night and previous viewings of the two players, I don't think some AHL time would hurt Heinen in any way, but I think it's a necessity for DeBrusk. Heinen is my boy, but even being objective, I think he's a little closer than JD to make the jump.

I think they both could use some time in Providence. Heinen was ok last night. He looked like he was trying too hard at times and made some glaring mistakes one of which led to a CBJ goal.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I agree however fans will be more than excited to have a Trouba on the team who is no slouch for offense / creativity at the same time brings some major physical presence. Just saw your post and disagree. I believe he is a generational player. Watch what the Jets get for him...that will indicate generational.

What? LMAO.

Trouba is a good young player, but is in no way shape or form, a generational player. Generational players can be seen coming from a mile away and hit the league with both feet running ie: Crosby, Ovi, Gretzky, Orr, etc etc. Trouba is nowhere near that level.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Maybe it's me but I never remember Spooner on right wing and not sure he would do well there

He played rw with bergy and marchy 3 years ago in his first 22 game stint he put up 0 goals but had 11 apples.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I love Czarnik and he does have the benefit of a year in the AHL already. Based on last night and previous viewings of the two players, I don't think some AHL time would hurt Heinen in any way, but I think it's a necessity for DeBrusk. Heinen is my boy, but even being objective, I think he's a little closer than JD to make the jump.

Just based on last night, I would say the total opposite.

But I think both should go to providence...and the dunk is going to have a hell of a team this year.

I hope they try Czarnik with Bergy and Marchy

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd love for Carlo to make the team. But let's not forget CMiller here who I think the Bruins will give every chance to make the team. Unless CMiller looks awful, I think Carlo will end up in Providence as the first callup and CMiller will get his chance to prove what he's got in the regular season. Once McQuaid or KMiller are traded/picked up by Vegas in the offseason, it'll be the Carlo show on the right side next season.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Really doesn't matter because Claude system plays to right shot right side. Liles can do it though well enough IMO

K Miller, C Miller, Carlo and McQuaid are all RH shots. Thus, I do not see them all making the team on opening night unless one can play the off side. Liles moving from LHD to RHD makes the situation worse haha.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'd love for Carlo to make the team. But let's not forget CMiller here who I think the Bruins will give every chance to make the team. Unless CMiller looks awful, I think Carlo will end up in Providence as the first callup and CMiller will get his chance to prove what he's got in the regular season. Once McQuaid or KMiller are traded/picked up by Vegas in the offseason, it'll be the Carlo show on the right side next season.

I think I agree with this. The #s simply do not add up for Carlo to make this team.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He played rw with bergy and marchy 3 years ago in his first 22 game stint he put up 0 goals but had 11 apples.

I don't remember that at all. I could have sworn he played center.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Just based on last night, I would say the total opposite.

But I think both should go to providence...and the dunk is going to have a hell of a team this year.

I hope they try Czarnik with Bergy and Marchy

Watch DeBrusk, he is gassed trying to keep up the pace and it was only a preseason game. He needs to get used to playing against bigger stronger guys. Heinen is used to facing 23-24 year olds in the NCAA. It's not the AHL or NHL, but closer.

Dan and I talked about this last night. Heinen is more of a cerebral player, but he looked like he was thinking too much early in the game last night. When he just played the game, he looked much better in the latter two periods.

It's not a competition, but I would bet money Heinen will be on the NHL roster before DeBrusk (based on versatility alone, seeing as he can play any of the three F positions).

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Watch DeBrusk, he is gassed trying to keep up the pace and it was only a preseason game. He needs to get used to playing against bigger stronger guys. Heinen is used to facing 23-24 year olds in the NCAA. It's not the AHL or NHL, but closer.

Dan and I talked about this last night. Heinen is more of a cerebral player, but he looked like he was thinking too much early in the game last night. When he just played the game, he looked much better in the latter two periods.

It's not a competition, but I would bet money Heinen will be on the NHL roster before DeBrusk (based on versatility alone, seeing as he can play any of the three F positions).

I agree, Heinen has the best shot I think to break camp with the big league team if he plays well in exhibition. Even then it is tough to say as the NHLers with roster spots ratchet things up when the puck drops in the regular season. I could see Heinen getting a NHL audition.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Probably didn't help that Heinen's linemates put up probably the 2 most underwhelming performances of the night.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Me, too. Besides, I don't understand this talk about having Spooner playing wing, especially right wing. He's a centre and would, I believe, fail playing wing. He was underwhelming as a winger in Providence.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Czarnik reminded me how Marchand skates. Especially when his first few years. Undersized but determined. A willingness to get the puck and go after it. He doesn't play nervous. I was quite impressed.

Heinen, DeBrusk played well. Both players have obvious skill.

I think Carlo has a real good chance at making this team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Carlo, as good as he looked last night, will have to significantly outplay Kevan, McQuaid, and Colin to earn a spot on the opening night roster. Or one of them suck so bad that they feel they need to move one. Even then the odds are stacked against Carlo.

Fact is, he has three guys in front on him who would need to clear waivers, and all three have multi-year one-way deals. Now sure you can trade one to make room, but why make a rash decision on a veteran guy or a guy they clearly like in Colin when you can easily send Carlo to Providence with no worries of waivers or hurting your overall depth.

There is nothing wrong with a 19 year old going to Providence for even a few months, learn the system, adjust to the pace of the pro game. He's always available when the inevitable Kevan or McQuaid injury strikes.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Me, too. Besides, I don't understand this talk about having Spooner playing wing, especially right wing. He's a centre and would, I believe, fail playing wing. He was underwhelming as a winger in Providence.

Problem is, you could argue he's failed defensively playing C for Julien.

But I'm with you on Spooner playing RW. I just think asking him to switch positions AND adjust to his off-wing at the same time isn't a wise move.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If you puke don't be lying down I know a kid years ago who actually choked to death on his own puke.

To have the coroner list cause of death 'Involuntary choking on vomit due to thinking of Bruins defense' would not be the way to go

How do you know it was his own vomit? They can't prove whose vomit it was. They never-- They don't have facilities in Scotland Yard to... You can't really dust for vomit.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015

Pretty sure it was on wing and they used that as an excuse to send him back down after 0 goals even tho he was .5 ppg I dont think kelley/campbell/dk/bergy were hurt but they needed someone on their wing. 2 years ago he played center with lucic and pasta but i dont beleive thats what you were referring to.

Edit: He played with loui and Yeti, huh, seemed like it was alot of wing rather than center though so Ill take being half right and round up.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty sure it was on wing and they used that as an excuse to send him back down after 0 goals even tho he was .5 ppg I dont think kelley/campbell/dk/bergy were hurt but they needed someone on their wing. 2 years ago he played center with lucic and pasta but i dont beleive thats what you were referring to.

Edit: He played with loui and Yeti, huh, seemed like it was alot of wing rather than center though so Ill take being half right and round up.

I'm sure he can do it. Watching how they use Ryan will be interesting. I think once Claude gets a look at Kuraly's speed and back checking he may want to see his doctor and Ryan won't be playing center

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The more I think about last night game the more I see Sean Kuraly's got a shot.

He is big and fast and comes as a defensive based player

Weird if this part of the SJ deal is the big chip but I expected nothing and walked out really liking him

I hope he plays tomorrow because I'm keying on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad