Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PRESEASON 1 - Blue Jackets 3 BRUINS 2 - F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
good forwards: Debrusk, Czarnik, Cave great on PK, Celharik, Kuraly..speed

Not impressed with Nash, Randell looks slow, Griffith doesnt look good.

Really liking what I see out of Carlo, Zboril, O'Gara

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
2 5 on 3 power plays without a decent chance (except for Griffith).

On the plus side Carlo looks great and is handling a lot of mins. I wouldn't be surprised if he has played the most mins so far tonight.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Love Czarnik, just don't think there is any room for him at the inn unless someone is moved. Don't like Griffith's game, which means he will score lol.

Wonder if he can carve a spot at RW. He looks good, and appears to play on both sides of the puck. Looks stronger than his size would have you believe.

Im with you havent been impressed thus far with Griffith.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Heinen looked like Connolly on that one.

Hopefully he is just having NHL/pro hockey jitters. It would be good to let him get his feet wet in the AHL for a few weeks unless he starts to loosen up. He got no leverage on that puck, nice feed by Grif to him as well.

The puck seems to be bouncing around on Griffith. Would like to see them give Zboril a bit more pp time.

Debrusk looks a lot like he does in junior, good in traffic in front of the net and good at finding pucks in scrums and deftly poking/moving them to teammates. Really like how he has looked so far.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
The shiny new toys look to have more promise then the ones we were trying to fit in. We have more square boxes for square holes now. By sheer numbers we have good competition, depth and trade bait possibilities. Going be a good future for us and a different style finally.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Impressed with the D all things considered

Carlo is going to play in the NHL a long time.

Zboril is very smoother than thought

OGara has zero skating issues excellent positioning - he will be an NHL player sometime in 2016-17 season

The kid forwards running around to much but not surprised- preseason or not this is big

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
2 5 on 3 power plays without a decent chance (except for Griffith).

On the plus side Carlo looks great and is handling a lot of mins. I wouldn't be surprised if he has played the most mins so far tonight.

I think He and O'Gara are neck and neck.

I like what I'm seeing from Liles tonight. He and Carlo are a solid pair.

Kuraly has been impressive with his speed and willingness to get in the dirty areas.

Colby Cave plays bigger than he is.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The shiny new toys look to have more promise then the ones we were trying to fit in. We have more square boxes for square holes now. By sheer numbers we have good competition, depth and trade bait possibilities. Going be a good future for us and a different style finally.

Best part is shiney new toys play defense

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Mueller looks okay out there. But then again Matt Irwin looked great in his first preseason game.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Carlo really does seem like 100% pro...at such a young age. Just how he holds himself and talks, looks very mature.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
GOOD

Hayes looks good.
Debrusk looks good
Cave looks good

Zboril makes great hard passes quick and usually ends up on the tape or out harms way. Lost his man in his zone once or twice and would have liked him to tee one up instead of spinning it to mueller but looks good on balance.

Carlo looks good. Pretty steady. Very relaxed under pressure it seems. Good gaps.

Khodobin looks good

BAD
mueller is soft on the puck and very easy to knock over

Czarnik- expect more from a young pro with great ahl numbers

Cehlarik- soft on the puck falls down, brain moves too slow

O gara- I don't care what people are saying here. He looks slow. That's fine, but at his pace he's not special enough to ever be an average bottom pairing guy

UGLY

Heinen- hardly notice him. When I do, he's doing something wrong. No good plays out of him. He handled that pass but needed to get the shot off either quicker or if he was gonna take that time put it upstairs. Can't take that long and throw it 4 inches off the ice.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
young defense has looked solid, O'Gara and Carlo have definite NHL potential. Zboril does for the most part still needs to work position you can see he gets pulled out of it a little. Overall very positive.

Forwards another story. They look ok, but nobody really stands out ahead of anyone else. Of course its one pre season game so not much to read into.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad