PGT: 9/19 - Russia vs North America - Russia 4 North America 3 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Great game.

Only Murray was bad IMO.

Nuge was huge, had a great game along with a number of NA players.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
All I know the North America will destroy Sweden.

The Swedes can never handle the pressure and skill of the NA teams.

A three way tie between Russia, Sweden and NA is very possible. Will suck to be eliminated with two wins

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Would be 9-6 Team NA if Russia had Rinne in net :/

- not a dig on Russia's game. I wouldn't say they didn't deserve to win, but more on how bad Rinne was last game

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
how gaudreau does not play more is absolute insanity....he is your first or 2nd best offensive forward, get him on the ****ing ice, especially for a 5 on 3...how does nobody think to put him out for? moronic

Gaudreau is the Yakupov of team NA..
I kid I kid!

4uston M4tthews

Nov 15, 2010
Eichel on that 5 on 3 was absolutemy brutal. There was a play with him down low and Matthews wide open in front of the net. Eichel looked right at him and tried some cutsey bull **** knowing damn well he was open.

Calling it now, selfish play by a selfish player. Get him away from McD and 2:16.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Gaudreau's lack of icetime should be criminal, down 4-1 him or 97 should be on the ice as much as possible.

Eichel needs to move his freakin feet if he wants to take the next step, way too soft, no motor, I like the player but if he's going to take over games like he should he needs to get moving down low.

Rielly and Matthews are something else.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The shots were 46-25. Matt Murray injured his thumb and allowed 4 goals on 4 shots (after injuring it). I don't know how you can say Russia didn't get lucky. They were almost outshot 2:1.

Also, strong score effect and power plays.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Team NA is scary. Fast and skilled. Scary good.

That was embarrassing 3rd period for Russia, no clue what to do on their own zone. Chasing the puck the whole period and needed incredible goaltending and puck luck to win. We aren't going anyway with that defense and Malkin playing for an opponent. Only pluses Bobrovsky and Datsyuk is still a man.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I think I'd like Ghost a lot more if he didn't look confused with the puck on his stick when not shooting. He's good at skating it up the ice with the puck, but I keep seeing him stop the forwards up and straddle the blue line or make 3 foot passes to teammates next to him because he's not sure what to do. Outside of that stuff which he'll get over with experience, he's got a great shot and needs to use it more. Just a little inexperience thats all.

Lots of guys played great tonight. The McDavid/RNH lines were dangerous all game. A few bad breaks against them and their goalie getting injured and letting in 4 on 4 shots was the difference here. Russia was just opportunistic and didn't necessarily outplay the young guys tonight.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I mean, you gotta score with a 5-on-3. The first line should have gone off way sooner too.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
First PP unit has to have Gaudreau and Rielly to sub in for Eichel + someone

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Also, strong score effect and power plays.

Score effects doesn't mean they weren't outplayed or take penalties. So, automatically if you're winning you should get outshot 2:1 and cling on for the win?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Wow Bob is back to his Vezina form!!!! He was amazing in this game!!!

Bob is a top-10 goalie in the league when he is healthy, getting consistent starts, and has confidence. Unfortunately, his groin has made him miss significant time the past few seasons. This means he is in and out of the lineup and cannot establish any sort of rhythm. When that is occurring, he is a bottom-10 goalie.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBrown
They're in an easy pool. USA ain't winning anything with Torts behind the bench.

All 4 teams from Pool B are better than any team in Pool A (besides Canada)

Yanks beat Suomi in exhibition...Czechs beat Russians...Team Euro beat Swedes

Snipez*

Gaudreau's lack of icetime should be criminal, down 4-1 him or 97 should be on the ice as much as possible.

Eichel needs to move his freakin feet if he wants to take the next step, way too soft, no motor, I like the player but if he's going to take over games like he should he needs to get moving down low.

Rielly and Matthews are something else.

The one play that annoyed me was when Eichel got rocked. He gets up and doesn't even hit anybody. Just goes back in the play all casually lol. It's like he doesn't have that next gear and hustle.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Johnny deserved more ice time for sure. He road the big two a little too hard. Matthews and McDavid were visibly gassed.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Said it in the GDT but man McLennan is BRUTAL. Why shorten the bench like that on the second game of a back to back? I seriously think NA could have competed that come back if it wasn't for the god awful lineup choices.

Lol what game were you watching? The third was an absolute onslaught by NA because they shortened the bench. There was only 2 lines making anything happen for the majority of the game and they got most of the ice time in the third, as they should have. If Bob doesn't have the game of his life the comeback is completed.

member 147413

Matthews - McDavid - Scheifele
Gaudreau - RNH - MacKinnon
Saad - Couturier - Eichel
Drouin - Larkin - Trochek

Rielly - Parayko
Murray - Jones
Gost - Trouba

PP1 - Gaudreau - McDavid - MacKinnon - Rielly - Jones

PP2 - Matthews - RNH - Eichel - Scheifele - Gost

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think I'd like Ghost a lot more if he didn't look confused with the puck on his stick when not shooting. He's good at skating it up the ice with the puck, but I keep seeing him stop the forwards up and straddle the blue line or make 3 foot passes to teammates next to him because he's not sure what to do. Outside of that stuff which he'll get over with experience, he's got a great shot and needs to use it more. Just a little inexperience thats all.

Lots of guys played great tonight. The McDavid/RNH lines were dangerous all game. A few bad breaks against them and their goalie getting injured and letting in 4 on 4 shots was the difference here. Russia was just opportunistic and didn't necessarily outplay the young guys tonight.

Russia played well for about 15/60 minutes. They took advantage of a bad lull by the kids.

They should be thanking their lucky stars that that game wasn't 20 seconds longer or I think it would've been 4-4 going into OT, and now you're in big trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad