PGT: 9/19 - Russia vs North America - Russia 4 North America 3 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Glad to see the Taranna boys have good games in front of our crowd. Shame about the 4 goals in 4 shots but this team is so exciting. Looking forward to the next game and hopefully they can razzle dazzle a win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He was terrible tonight. Forcing passes through, not getting back fast enough and then of course having his head down and getting wallpapered. He had a bad game and he'd probably be the first to tell you.

He's a good player, didn't deserve the hate he got in the GDT. He wasn't at his best and still created a couple good chances. I honestly feel that the PP is a little too talented. They all want to pass to each other...no one shoots. On the PP, every single player is forcing plays.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
What a great game. A few things:

If it weren't for Bobrovsky, NA would have throttled Russia. Goaltending was clearly the difference, Murray had an off night, Bob was crazy good.

Rielly - Parayko is such a dominant pairing. Outside of one missed assignment Rielly was on fire especially in the end where he was almost the difference maker. This has to be the new top pair with Ekblad done for the tournament.

Eichel with another poor game. I felt like after the missed call on the hit from behind he had a fire lit under his belly but he woke up too late (and then Emelin put him back to sleep).

Ghost finally figured out his role, but too late in the game. The guy was passing up one-timers on the PP all game until the finally sequence where he hit a post and created a few big chances off rebounds. Was driving me nuts.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Am I wrong in thinking Malkin hasn't been great so far this tournament? Or am I just missing it. The latter is possible, I'm watching these games with friends, lots of chatter and distraction.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Rielly had 7 SOG, 4 or 5 of them in a single shift lol. Great game. Props to Telegin for blocking some painful shots.

Bobrovsky was great, Murray was the opposite.

Snipez*

Poor sportsmanship from Gudreau leaving the ice like that. You aren't bigger than the team buddy. He didn't even have a good game at all.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Team NA had plenty of good chances and Russia played well enough to beat a very good team. The whole narrative of the coach of NA sucks and Russia got lucky is silly.

The shots were 46-25. Matt Murray injured his thumb and allowed 4 goals on 4 shots (after injuring it). I don't know how you can say Russia didn't get lucky. They were almost outshot 2:1.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Murray choked. Not trying to lay it squarely on him; but you can't give up 4 goals on 4 shots.

best players tonight: McDavid, Matthews, Mack, Rielly, Nuge.

Problem I see is if he was injured he should have pulled himself out of the game. So it kinda is all his fault if this is the case.
:dunno:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
As much as I've love Auston at center you don't break up what's working. Him and McDavid are gold

I'd switch it up a bit. Matthews and Larkin played really well for USA at the WHC. MacKinnon with McDavid. Eichel with Gaudreau as he is right now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
WHAT A GAME

In no particular order I thought McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Nuge, Rielly and Parayko were beastly tonight.

The maturity in Matthews' game is super impressive.

Agreed man I got to say I know there is A LOT of Leaf hate in these Boards but I think we should be excited about Mathews

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Jay Woodcroft is the worst PP coach in the league and the whole continent saw it tonight. Zero imagination. My fellow Oilers fans will back me up on this and so will Sharks fans I think.

Yep, but I think it worked well for the Sharks because they had the type of personnel best suited for stationary play. Big guys like Thornton, Burns who can control board play and hit pin-point passes and guys like Pavelski who can pick the corners and beat goalies with little traffic.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Too much tired McDavid and Mathews at the end of the game, shortened the bench a little too much, brutal PP assignments and no clue how to use Gaudreau. Goaltending cost them the lead, coaching cost them the comeback

That's a good point. Matthews and McDavid looked dead at the end. They need to put Matthews in a position to shoot more, it's a waste having him stand in front of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad