PGT: 9/19 - Russia vs North America - Russia 4 North America 3 F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not trying to start an arguement here. But if this is how Matthews plays regularly. I don't see why there's any debate that hes worse than Eichel

Matthews is very impressive. He looks better than Eichel to me. Seems to have better hockey sense and better hands. Going to be a beast. Too bad he can't play with McDavid all the time. They are awesome.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Eichel didn't have the best game but he didn't deserve to get raked over the coals like he was in the GDT.

Hope he'll have a bounceback against Sweden.

hitmen19

Jan 21, 2013
The Swedish quarter (Karlsson, OEL, Hedman, Stralman) are too much for them to handle.

yeah, I think they will be in tough. That's a good thing in my opinion. The semi finals will be better with Sweden, Russia or Finland imo.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Really wish NA could have pulled off the come back. Kudos to Russia for forcing low % shots and protecting the front.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Congrats Russians good game...

PS: sportsnet guys saying Murray appeared to hurt his thumb...let in four goals on four shots thereafter...

Not an excuse, just a possible explanation for sudden drop off in Murray's play..didn't look good on couple of those goals

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The 2nd PP unit of RNH/Gaudreau/Mackinnon/Rielly/Parayko should be the 1st unit.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
What? I liked Eichel. He could have finished on some plays but I had zero complaints from his game. Only mistake I can think of was the 2 on 1 that he wasn't quick on but he had a long shift so it's understandable.

He was terrible tonight. Forcing passes through, not getting back fast enough and then of course having his head down and getting wallpapered. He had a bad game and he'd probably be the first to tell you.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eichel had a bad game but many good ones last year . I would not base his career on tonifght.:help:

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Eichel didn't have the best game but he didn't deserve to get raked over the coals like he was in the GDT.

Hope he'll have a bounceback against Sweden.

He doesn't, but he's the easiest target in a group of standouts. I mean having quite a bad game today also doesn't help, but the excessive "he'll never amount to anything" type posts were dumb af. HF wouldn't be HF without the knee-jerk reactions though.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Final shots:

Team NA: 46, Russia: 25.

I think we can say Team NA held their own.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
That was so much fun :handclap:.

You could see the elation from the Russians after the final buzzer too. Glad to see the players and crowd into it.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
WOOOO!! Hockey is back isn't it haha. Awesome game all around, this tournament is exceeding my expectations by far. Tomorrow should be even better if you ask me.

On another note, Philly you guys have a beauty in Ghost. I mean I know the kid was an up and comer but he is lights out. If your blue line keeps developing with the other blue chips you have then the east better look out.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Said it in the GDT but man McLennan is BRUTAL. Why shorten the bench like that on the second game of a back to back? I seriously think NA could have competed that come back if it wasn't for the god awful lineup choices.

They were dominant the entire 3rd period.

The biggest problem in deployment was the 5-3.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He was terrible tonight. Forcing passes through, not getting back fast enough and then of course having his head down and getting wallpapered. He had a bad game and he'd probably be the first to tell you.

And just straight up falling over out of nowhere on an odd man rush. Rough night tonight.

Gaudreau picked it up after being moved up with RNH and Mac, but I have a feeling anybody would benefit from playing on a line with those two right now.

hitmen19

Jan 21, 2013
Matthews is very impressive. He looks better than Eichel to me. Seems to have better hockey sense and better hands. Going to be a beast. Too bad he can't play with McDavid all the time. They are awesome.

I think that is a pretty popular opinion one can make after this tournament so far. Matthews has looked great, Eichel still has some growing into his body to do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad