PGT: 9/19 - Russia vs North America - Russia 4 North America 3 F

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Russia played for 10 minutes today. Yesterday they showed up for 2 minutes.

They didn't deserve to win today.

Also Russia's poweplay is the worst I've ever seen in international hockey. They need a foreign coach.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Couple changes I'd make:

Remove Ghost from first PP. I think Rielly deserves to be on that PP after this game. Gaudreau needs more ice time. I'd put MacKinnon with McDavid and either remove Matthews or Scheifele from that line and play one of those guys as a centre. MacKinnon is so damn good.

Also, why the **** was the timeout not called during the 5 on 3? That was such a horrible PP. They kept shooting up high. It's a 5 on 3...use the space to score a goal in tight.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just a world-class hockey game. So many plots in this game. If McDavid scores on the breakaway and makes it 2-0 Team NA, game might have been over. Then Murray allows 4 straight shots to beat him. Then Team NA comes storming back. Matthews robbed by Bob and Ghost rings the post. Unreal.

ForSpareParts*

2nd best N.A. player was sean couturier

he was excellent.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Great game!

Also the more the announcers tell me I should be in love with Team NA, and that they are the story of the tournament, the more I root against them.

p.s. Team Europe is the story of the tourney so far.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Again who would have thought Europe would be leading this tournament at this point?

They're in an easy pool. USA ain't winning anything with Torts behind the bench.

All 4 teams from Pool B are better than any team in Pool A (besides Canada).

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Would rather Ekblad was out there, but trouba didn't do too bad, only one goal was his fault and that was flukey af.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
That was a hell of a hockey game. Has there ever been a team as fast as team NA? Its a shame they don't really have an answer to physicality.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
McDavid line was on too often.

Johnny/MacK/RNH were flying.

Why was Drouin benched?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad