OT: 87th Obsequious Banter Thread: Don't be Brash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
No. The bed should come to whomever arrives first.
If they both come in at the same time, the variety of factors come into play that are specific to the situation at hand, on the scene. Age, overall quality of health, chance of saving the patient, and so forth.
What if both come in and cannot speak, one had the vax one does not because they cannot get it due to health reasons?
How about one that is vaccinated and a citizen and one that is vaccinated and an illegal alien? Again, which ever patient arrives first.
I obviously hit a nerve and I know you are not vaccinated for a reason and I respect that. Our convo was more to do with people who tried to do the right thing not just for themselves but also everybody around them versus the person who thinks it's all a hoax and does nothing to mitigate the spread.

The main reason masks are worn is not to stop you from getting the virus they're worn to keep you from spreading the virus which they are very effective at. The best way to put covid in the rear view mirror is to deny the virus new hosts(people).

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Blah, blah, blah. I don't care. It's like eating glass. There is no point reading your arguments or trying to refute them. You won't change my mind and the only thing that will change yours is if people close to you get seriously ill or die.
Not true entirely. I went from not getting it to considering getting it and searching for more information about it. You are the one with the closed mind.
If you’re not going to read my responses, please stop responding to me on the topic.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I obviously hit a nerve and I know you are not vaccinated for a reason and I respect that. Our convo was more to do with people who tried to do the right thing not just for themselves but also everybody around them versus the person who thinks it's all a hoax and does nothing to mitigate the spread.

The main reason masks are worn is not to stop you from getting the virus they're worn to keep you from spreading the virus which they are very effective at. The best way to put covid in the rear view mirror is to deny the virus new hosts(people).
You didn’t , ok no you did. I think it’s abhorrent to refuse anyone medical treatment for any reason.
Believe it or not, but the fringe you hear taking animal quality I(I don’t know how to spell it but I think you know what I’m talking about) is not alone in not getting the vaccine. COVID Data Tracker

I’ll repeat again, only n95’s are able to protect you from covid, and only while clean shaven(mustache and soul patch are ok to a point) and with a good seal. You’re (not “you”) neck gaiter or flyers emblazoned cloth mask do nothing.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

Also, you know I like you, I just gotta get used to your new avatar.
I’m not appleyard, my words do not flow as freely as his. If any offense was taken, it was not directed. Sorry bud.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
You didn’t , ok no you did. I think it’s abhorrent to refuse anyone medical treatment for any reason.
Believe it or not, but the fringe you hear taking animal quality I(I don’t know how to spell it but I think you know what I’m talking about) is not alone in not getting the vaccine. COVID Data Tracker

I’ll repeat again, only n95’s are able to protect you from covid, and only while clean shaven(mustache and soul patch are ok to a point) and with a good seal. You’re (not “you”) neck gaiter or flyers emblazoned cloth mask do nothing.

I am not worried about getting sick. I very rarely do so I am not worried for myself. I am however worried about my wife and my mom who are both compromised. That is why I am vaccinated.
I feel bad for health care workers who are being physically assaulted by anti- vaxers because they are giving people vaccinations. Those people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
It's all good. How bout we go back to shit posting as it's more entertaining.
How about some dog tax?
4EE0C63D-7DBC-465D-B3CE-1B88C8F8E08C.jpeg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I am not worried about getting sick. I very rarely do so I am not worried for myself. I am however worried about my wife and my mom who are both compromised. That is why I am vaccinated.
I feel bad for health care workers who are being physically assaulted by anti- vaxers because they are giving people vaccinations. Those people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I agree. They are douchebags that have no business assaulting anyone.
Same goes for store employees assaulting someone not wearing a mask.
If they are breaking store policy, call the police after they refuse to leave.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

it’s so goddamn stupid where we are as a society. Never going to get better until the violence and screaming at each other ends because we don’t agree with each other. Not just with Covid

Reactions: Lord Defect

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

When it comes to store altercations, 9 times out of 10 its anti-maskers assaulting employees (and in some cases MURDERING them) and not the other way around.

Pandemic Frontline Workers Killed In Fights Over Masks

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The difference is that my morbid obesity or drug OD are not contagious. Drunk driving does potentially affect others' physical health directly but is limited to the single accident.
The difference also is "obesity related afflictions" and "heart disease" and even "cancer" are blanket terms. Obesity related afflictions includes what exacty? The comorbid aspect of being deconditioned? Heart disease? A fib, HFpEF, HFrEF, cardiomyopathy, myocarditis, etc. Cancer? Well we all know there's a million different cancers.

Covid is one thing. One virus causing one infection causing one pneumoniae causing death. There's no blanket term. This is the association fallacy. Using the inclusive term "heart disease" or "obesity", which includes many different maladies, to compare or undermine the severity of Covid, which is one singular affliction.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The difference also is "obesity related afflictions" and "heart disease" and even "cancer" are blanket terms. Obesity related afflictions includes what exacty? The comorbid aspect of being deconditioned? Heart disease? A fib, HFpEF, HFrEF, cardiomyopathy, myocarditis, etc. Cancer? Well we all know there's a million different cancers.

Covid is one thing. One virus causing one infection causing one pneumoniae causing death. There's no blanket term. This is the association fallacy. Using the inclusive term "heart disease" or "obesity", which includes many different maladies, to compare or undermine the severity of Covid, which is one singular affliction.
I agree to a point, and was referring to pretty much everything sans cancer, that obesity can lead to in terms of the heart.
You can’t discount one thing because it (can) lead to multiple things.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I still feel like there isn’t enough solid info to justify getting it.
You are 17x more likely to end up in the hospital than your immunized counterpart

The vaccine covers delta ~50% and alpha ~90%

You are 2.34x more likely to become reinfected with covid than your immunized counterpart

Viral load in the immunized person rapidly drops toward zero stating at day 6 of infection vs day 10 or so in the unvaccinated

2,000 out of 173 million vaccinated individuals have died since rollout

Side effects other than general malaise and headache, which subside within 2 days, are exceedingly rare

ER visits and hospitalizations in adults and children are higher in states with lower vaccination rates and lower in states with higher vaccination rates, which means the contribution you make when getting vaccinated makes a difference not only for the individual but for the community.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I agree to a point, and was referring to pretty much everything sans cancer, that obesity can lead to in terms of the heart.
You can’t discount one thing because it (can) lead to multiple things.
I'm not discounting one thing because it leads to multiple things, just pointing out yet another fallacy within the common trains of thought in certain people

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
You are 17x more likely to end up in the hospital than your immunized counterpart

The vaccine covers delta ~50% and alpha ~90%

You are 2.34x more likely to become reinfected with covid than your immunized counterpart

Viral load in the immunized person rapidly drops toward zero stating at day 6 of infection vs day 10 or so in the unvaccinated

2,000 out of 173 million vaccinated individuals have died since rollout

Side effects other than general malaise and headache, which subside within 2 days, are exceedingly rare

ER visits and hospitalizations in adults and children are higher in states with lower vaccination rates and lower in states with higher vaccination rates, which means the contribution you make when getting vaccinated makes a difference not only for the individual but for the community.
The other day I posted a link where they were finding vaccinated people getting a different strain than unvaccinated. If that study is true, and if the virus is already on at least the fourth strain, how does an unvaccinated person pose a risk to a vaccinated person who is protected 17x more than an unvaccinated person?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
On the subject of the vaccine- I've posted this before but this article has a bit more detail:

Kati Kariko Helped Shield the World From the Coronavirus

Briefly, the woman who developed the mRNA technology, Kati Kariko emigrated to the US from Hungary. She did her work at Penn. She has been vaccinated. If the woman who invented the technology feels it's good enough for her it's certainly good enough for me. There simply is no good reason not to get the vaccine.

As an aside, her daughter went to Abington HS (like me) and then U Penn, and is a 2 time Olympic gold medalist in rowing. A family of over achievers if there ever was one.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The other day I posted a link where they were finding vaccinated people getting a different strain than unvaccinated. If that study is true, and if the virus is already on at least the fourth strain, how does an unvaccinated person pose a risk to a vaccinated person who is protected 17x more than an unvaccinated person?
The vaccinated person is not 17x more protected, they're 17x less likely to be admitted to the hospital.

The reason is because immunization trains your body into recognizing the virus more quickly and more efficiently than in the unvaccinated counterpart. These hours and days saved are vital in containing a viral infection and stopping it from becoming raging covid pneumonia and results in the marked and evident decrease in severity. A new strain doesn't make the virus unrecognizable and therefore is why a vaccine still offers a) some protection from overall infection and b) great protection against severe illness.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
How is it a fallacy when it’s true? The cdc even groups obesity related causes of premature death because they all stem from it. Obesity is a Common, Serious, and Costly Disease
Because you are comparing apples to oranges. Look at what you're typing and reading? "Groups" "causes" "stem".

Obesity and heart disease, etc are obviously big f***ing deals, but using them as some kind of logical weapon against the urgency of covid or the magnitude of the response to covid is illogical

Reactions: Jack Straw

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I keep seeing this Israel study posted as some kind of "vaccines are not that good" thing.

But when you go and read it in full... the Israel study kind of actually shows how amazing they are. Dont know really how it is being seen as a negative.

In 16,000 people who were vaccinated in the study there were only 238 breakthrough infections. 1.49% of people in the study.

Yeh, getting the virus provided better protection in that study vs vaccination...

but 0.12% vs 1.49% had a breakthrough infection... yeh, 13x more. But only 1.49% is still so freaking good. And ofc once factor in fact that catching COVID when unvaccinated comes with some pretty bad possibilities...

And the numbers vs symptomatic were 191/16,000... so 1.19%.

And also only 8 people of the 238 breakthroughs were hospitalised. 3.36%. And none died.

(and there is an Oxford study and a CDC study in Kentucky that have the opposite results of the Israel study in regards to vaccinated vs caught Covid too... saying vaccine was slightly better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad