OT: 87th Obsequious Banter Thread: Don't be Brash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

This made me laugh a lot.

It is also pretty much how every 40-50 year old Mancunian who is a bit "rough" acts physically. The weird constant slightly aggressive movement with a slight comedic aspect to it... and the city genuinely has its own walk.

Holy shit. I knew what this walk would be before I clicked. My friend walks like this.

Reactions: Appleyard

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Had a convo with a few friends that if a situation arises where a hospital has to chose who gets the ICU beds we decided it should go to the vaccinated first because at least they tried to do the right thing.
Does the same hold true to someone who drank and drive, or OD’s, or is morbidly obese, or attempts to commit suicide?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
My greeting when I got home from the supermarket today

full
That’s a good boy

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

This made me laugh a lot.

It is also pretty much how every 40-50 year old Mancunian who is a bit "rough" acts physically. The weird constant slightly aggressive movement with a slight comedic aspect to it... and the city genuinely has its own walk.

Sent this to my Mancunian and he lamented the lack of tracksuit

Reactions: Appleyard

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It's not the same without Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The whole thing of how they dropped MST3K was so stupid. Basically, the guy who brought them in left or was fired and basically used every little bit of power he could to get them a proper final season and it wasn't enough. Show still deserved more seasons even though it was on TV for so long.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
No. We were talking about situations where doctors have to play god and decide who gets a bed when there's more patients than beds available.
That’s the exact same thing. Someone not getting vaccinated is a choice. The hypothetical person chose to drink then drive, chose to so drugs, chose to self harm, chose to become obese, and so on.
More people die yearly from obesity related afflictions than covid. Suicide and ODing have skyrocketed since covid hit. Drinking has as well, but driving has been down, thank god.

Reactions: Asnito

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
That’s the exact same thing. Someone not getting vaccinated is a choice. The hypothetical person chose to drink then drive, chose to so drugs, chose to self harm, chose to become obese, and so on.
More people die yearly from obesity related afflictions than covid. Suicide and ODing have skyrocketed since covid hit. Drinking has as well, but driving has been down, thank god.
I respect your point of view but if a doctor has to choose between 2 covid patients who gets life saving treatment shouldn't the one who tried to do the right thing take precedent over the one who ignored the warnings?

This is an extreme situation but if a hospital only has the capability to work on one patient and has 2 with life threatening injuries, a drunk driver or the person he hit, I think the person he hit should take precedent.

Reactions: Rebels57

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Watching people make arguments like yours is like eating glass. If you are an antivaxxer nothing is going to change your mind until your friends and family start dying or getting seriously ill.

And if you aren't why are you getting in these dumb arguments with people on the internet. Just why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad