#87 Sidney Crosby Milestone Thread - History will be made (1600 points)

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Last night marked the start of Crosby's 18th season with the Penguins. No other player has remained active for the Pens organization for as many seasons as Crosby; Lemieux only played 17 seasons in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Dessloch

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Will it be his last one though?

I doubt it, his ability to adapt is elite and even if he loses a little more of his speed he can still be a very effective top line player.
I think he'll continue to be a PPG guy, but I'm thinking 110+ this year if he's healthy.

Mr Buckles

Jun 6, 2018
With his second 3 point game in a row, Crosby is now 19th in all-time points.

All Time Points.png

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I wonder how many games it will take for Crosby to excel in before Midnight judges acknowledges what a great season Crosby is having or if a slump, ie a pointless game is when he notices?

Crosby is just adding more separation here even if he won't keep up the pace.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Why not add the selke in there if we going for the full rack

If any player ever actually won all 6 of those awards I'd say that's the GOAT peak season better than 99 or 66 Peak years

In 1985 Gretzky kind of did it he won the Ross/Hart/Lindsay (named Pearson at the time)/Smythe and did lead the league in goals with 73

1970 Bobby Orr
Norris, Hart, Ross, Smythe

No Rocket but a Norris to make up, he did not win the Pearsons/Lindsay that had yet to exist at the time, but.... considering he won the Art Ross by more than 20 points has a defenceman, we can assume he would have.

Edit: not saw about the added Selke in there, yeah that would be even a step above.

Has for the milestones, has long as they stay healthy enough that could be a good power play and obviously Guentzel is a really good winger for Crosby and even when Rust is not there they tend to have a legit top 6 or close player always up there now with those 2.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I wonder how many games it will take for Crosby to excel in before Midnight judges acknowledges what a great season Crosby is having or if a slump, ie a pointless game is when he notices?

Crosby is just adding more separation here even if he won't keep up the pace.
“Now that Crosby is scoring again we can stop following the false media-manufactured MYTH that Crosby is good defensively. But also he has too many secondary assists so most of those
Points don’t even really count, Ovechkin scores goals which are much better than what Crosby does. But Sid is doing okay”.

• Haha
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
“Now that Crosby is scoring again we can stop following the false media-manufactured MYTH that Crosby is good defensively. But also he has too many secondary assists so most of those
Points don’t even really count, Ovechkin scores goals which are much better than what Crosby does. But Sid is doing okay”.
pretty predictable eh?

Ovi is off to a horrible start this season BTW and while it won't be this bad all season long the end is in sight but goals will still come given his usage.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sid is simply a better all around player than OVI and always has been. OVI is the greatest goal scorer since Bossy. Sid can still play at a high level and for fans not watching closely, Rakell is a great fit on his right wing. He will help Sid big time and that may be the best signing for the Pens this year. Although Rust, Letang, Malkin and Rutta are also very good. Sid is healthy to start the year and Sully is taking some face off duties off him to keep him out of harms way. Jake is actually a little bigger and faster this year and healthy as well. Last year Sids wrist wasn't 100% and probably will never be 100% but it is much better. Jake is fully recovered from shoulder surgery as well. Hard to find a line better than that line folks.

Last edited:

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Imagine Mario with composite sticks, no red line, no hooking.

The dude scored 35 goals in 43 games in 2000...at 35 years old..way past his prime...after 4 years retirement.....and in the dead puck era with Roy, Brodeur, Hasek in the net

Mcdavid is at his prime now at 25 and he his not able to do it..

I am 47..and Mario was the most talented player I have ever seen and I have seen 99 and 68..in their prime
This. I'm a huge Pens fan. Sid's shot was extremely weak (but accurate), before he switched to composite sticks.

At the time, most of his goals were scored around the net. When he switched sticks, all of a sudden, he was able to snipe it from far out.

These days, thanks to technology, the league is filled with midgets with great shots.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Sid the Kid is a machine. Always was, always will be.

It will be really f***ing sad when he's gone

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I wonder if 2000 career points would have been possible had he not been hurt those three seasons early in his career

I think he breaks 2000 with better luck/health. Just too consistent and his peak years he was a point machine with 1,5ppg average for a long period of games. He gets 300-400 more points without high ankle sprain and neck/concussion problems.

Reactions: PaulD and Dominance

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Let’s hope he tears it up all season long.

I think he breaks 2000 with better luck/health. Just too consistent and his peak years he was a point machine with 1,5ppg average for a long period of games. He gets 300-400 more points without high ankle sprain and neck/concussion problems.

Apparently that wrist injury he had in 2014 really brought his level of play down and he never fully recovered from it. If you look at his stats after that it’s the most noticeable drop in his play. Although he has still had seasons among the best if not the best since then.

Reactions: PaulD and Plural

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad