#87 Sidney Crosby Milestone Thread - History will be made (1600 points)

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
dirty play. you are joking right.

Since when was an elbow to the head that knocks the player out of the game not dirty? OK, illegal. Crosby has a lot of great accomplishments but would have more if it wasn't for the likes of David Steckel, Matt Niskanen, Jacob Trouba.

My Best-Carey

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
And just when he is dominating he's out by a dirty play. No words
It sucks to see, but it's like you guys are giving him bad karma by all the marginalizing and downplaying of other players to buff Crosby more. The hockey gods don't like this.

Stop punishing Crosby!

Nathaniel Skywalker

DIG IN!!! RiGHT NOW!!!
Oct 18, 2013
It sucks to see, but it's like you guys are giving him bad karma by all the marginalizing and downplaying of other players to buff Crosby more. The hockey gods don't like this.

Stop punishing Crosby!
Your right I take full blame. Sorry sid....

dirty play. you are joking right.

Lol here we go. Rangersfan1994 feeling happy cause the only way they can win is injuring Crosby. See u in game 6 breh

Nathaniel Skywalker

DIG IN!!! RiGHT NOW!!!
Oct 18, 2013
Lol the video literally has the f***in word elbow in it. Last time I checked an elbow was an illegal play.

Since when was an elbow to the head that knocks the player out of the game not dirty? OK, illegal. Crosby has a lot of great accomplishments but would have more if it wasn't for the likes of David Steckel, Matt Niskanen, Jacob Trouba.

My Best-Carey
Right. This guy is literally trying to justify a dirty hit with a video that is titled "elbow" I've seen it all but not that

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Well, no.

Mario's peak is something Sid cannot touch. The disparity is so large that I do not think that cumulative accomplishments can make up for it.

The disparity has its origins in the disparity between the league then and now.

People don't seem to grasp how diluted the league was between 68 and 93. From 6 teams to 23 teams.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
The disparity has its origins in the disparity between the league then and now.

People don't seem to grasp how diluted the league was between 68 and 93. From 6 teams to 23 teams.

No.

At the beginning of the 80s...there was 21 teams with almost no players from Europe.

In 93...Russians, Tchecque..Slovaquians..Sweedish, Finnish were well established in the NHL.

In the 70s at 16 teams there was only Canadians and almost no Americans.

Lemieux was so much better than Crosby...prime for prime and era for era..not in the aame league and I.am a big fan of Crosby

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Imagine a player with Crosby's skill level, but 5 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier. That's Lemieux. It's no knock on Sid that he never matched Mario's prime - #66 was absolutely a one-of-a-kind player.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
No.

At the beginning of the 80s...there was 21 teams with almost no players from Europe.

In 93...Russians, Tchecque..Slovaquians..Sweedish, Finnish were well established in the NHL.

In the 70s at 16 teams there was only Canadians and almost no Americans.

Lemieux was so much better than Crosby...prime for prime and era for era..not in the aame league and I.am a big fan of Crosby

All the arguments you gave are in favor of what i said. Maybe you should revisit the whole logic of it.

Getting players from all over the planet gives more talent and in 93, all those countries were tiny minorities in the NHL. Today, it's saturated because the league has only had two teams added in two decades and the talent pool is worldwide.

Scoring in the 80's was at an all-time high, not because the players were better, but because of the expansions recquiring more players in a limited talent pool.

I'm gonna stop right here because it's obvious you don't have the requesite logic to understand this.

Last edited:

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Imagine Mario with Sid's work ethic.

Imagine Mario with composite sticks, no red line, no hooking.

The dude scored 35 goals in 43 games in 2000...at 35 years old..way past his prime...after 4 years retirement.....and in the dead puck era with Roy, Brodeur, Hasek in the net

Mcdavid is at his prime now at 25 and he his not able to do it..

I am 47..and Mario was the most talented player I have ever seen and I have seen 99 and 68..in their prime

Reactions: Riddum

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Imagine a player with Crosby's skill level, but 5 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier. That's Lemieux. It's no knock on Sid that he never matched Mario's prime - #66 was absolutely a one-of-a-kind player.
All due respect to Sid's incredible skill level, but Mario was actually more talented in addition to being bigger. Mario also had better vision. Sid is insanely good at hockey in so many ways, but Mario was somehow even more talented still than Sid is.

I think Sid may have Mario beat in edgework and handeye coordination, but that's probably about it. Mario had better vision, hands, shot, passing, deking. Speed-wise I dunno. Young Mario could fly. I think people actually forget how fast Mario was in his 20s because they're used to old Lemieux who would just slow the game down. But early in his career Mario can and would go end to end at will. Very Malkin-like in that regard.

May 17, 2009
Maine
All due respect to Sid's incredible skill level, but Mario was actually more talented in addition to being bigger. Mario also had better vision. Sid is insanely good at hockey in so many ways, but Mario was somehow even more talented still than Sid is.

I think Sid may have Mario beat in edgework and handeye coordination, but that's probably about it. Mario had better vision, hands, shot, passing, deking. Speed-wise I dunno. Young Mario could fly. I think people actually forget how fast Mario was in his 20s because they're used to old Lemieux who would just slow the game down. But early in his career Mario can and would go end to end at will. Very Malkin-like in that regard.

I have cited this a number of times and i wish I could remember the source; but at one point I read an interview with an NHLer who said that the game changed when you played with Gretzky or Lemieux in their primes.

Instead of five guys trying to move the puck one way and the other five trying to move it the other, if either Gretzky or Lemieux were on the ice it became four teammates trying to pass it to their star and five defenders trying to prevent that from happening. Like the primary objective wasn't even to score, just to get it on the stick of your magician-teammate and let him figure out the scoring part. Sid's great but more of a highly skilled super-grinder than outright magician.

Reactions: orby and Pancakes

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
1665506390221.png

Sid currently sits tied for 21st all-time point scoring with Dale Hawerchuk.

It seems reasonable that he'll be able to get 59 points this season to pass Mikita for 15th overall point scoring, or maybe 16th depending on Ovi. This is obviously the highest he could realistically climb within this season.

Hitting 1500 points this season could still be possible for him but it would be quite a stretch.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Season starts today for Sidney Crosby, here's a list of potential milestones he could reach;

Crosby is currently #22nd in Points All time on 1409 - he could reach 1500 points and be 15th
Crosby is currently #39th in Goals all time on 517 - he could reach 550 goals and be 29th
Crosby is currently #21st in Assist all time on 892 - he will almost certainly get to 900 and could reach 942 and be 16th
Crosby is currently #198th in Games all time on 1108 - if he was to play all 82 (unlikely) he would be reach 1190 and be 129th
Crosby is currently #31st in ESG all time on 360 - if he scores 20 he'll be on 380 and 24th
Crosby is currently #23rd in PPG Assists all time on 357 - if he scores 37 he'll pass Jagr and Yzerman and be on 393 and 16th

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Id love to see 120 points for cid, get that 14th spot. The amazing thing is how good of a chance he has of making the top 10 especially after the time he missed in his prime.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Pretty sure he now has more points than ovechkin in the reg season in like 166l ess gp

🤣 as if you weren’t waiting with bated breath for when you could post this.

We’re probably at the point where unless Crosby loses significant time or retires before Ovechkin, he’s ahead for good now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad