#87 Sidney Crosby Milestone Thread - History will be made (1600 points)

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
These 200 points are quite the accomplishment, shouldn't be understated. Top 5 all time scoring in the playoffs? Amazing feat.

And he's got years left in the tank, hypothetically he could get as close as #2, but i think he'll more likely finish #3.

Amazing player.

A lot will come down to how well the Penguins play. Wild that it's even in play.

Reactions: orby

Nathaniel Skywalker

DIG IN!!! RiGHT NOW!!!
Oct 18, 2013
These 200 points are quite the accomplishment, shouldn't be understated. Top 5 all time scoring in the playoffs? Amazing feat.

And he's hit years left in the tank, hypothetically he could get as close as #2, but i think he'll more likely finish #3.

Amazing player.
Only 6th player in 104 years to do it. 4 of them are dynastic oilers 2 others are penguins go figure lol.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
A lot will come down to how well the Penguins play. Wild that it's even in play.

Agreed, absolutely absurd that he could potentially end his career as the third highest scoring playoff player in HISTORY. It's insane i hope people understand this, and even finishing top 3, in the low scoring years compared to the 80s the others had? To be second to only Gretzky or even behind him and Messier?

Unbelievable, shows his consistency honestly and that above ppg record he also had, insane player, i hope he is remembered as a top 5 player because he easily is.

And he is a more complete player than McDavid don't even @ me, McDavid is more dominant offensively though, i admit that.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Fantastic accomplishment and #3 all time someday is in play, particularly if the Penguins can make it to at least the Eastern Conference Finals this postseason to really chip away at it.

But Messier currently being 95 points ahead feels out of reach. That’s how many points Crosby has starting from his age 26 postseason through Game 4 of this series (96 games). It feels like a lot to ask for him to play another 90+ playoff games from here on out.

Either way, hell of a feat.

Reactions: MadLuke

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
The old man's still got it(jk ofc). If he can keep this up for a few more years he's got an argument as being the best ever for longevity along with Howe. Unfortunately because he was injured during his prime years and thus didn't peak as high as a few others not sure if he can ever obtain the #5 all time greatest player in NHL history spot but a place in the top 10 would have to be a given with 3-4 more strong years like this one plus say another long playoff run...

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
but a place in the top 10 would have to be a given with 3-4 more strong years
Unless you're one of those posters that think 20 years from now Crosby will be forgotten and his RC cards will be toilet paper, I think this is already a given.
You don't have to be #1 in every or any category, but constantly beating the crap out of your opposition gets you far.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Unless you're one of those posters that think 20 years from now Crosby will be forgotten and his RC cards will be toilet paper, I think this is already a given.
You don't have to be #1 in every or any category, but constantly beating the crap out of your opposition gets you far.
Oh I think he's already there but there's a few on here who have differing opinions. Just saying with a few more strong years even the most ardent naysayers won't be able to deny his place.

Reactions: Bowski

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Oh I think he's already there but there's a few on here who have differring opinions. Just saying with a few more strong years even the most ardent naysayers won't be able to deny his place.
Yeah, those "few" will always look for ways to discredit Sid, we all know who they are.
Realistically, Sid has little else to achieve to prop up his legacy. Perhaps lacking a bit in individual achievements due to injuries, but he can't turn back the time on that.
Just playing like he has/is to this point for a few more years to come will be legendary.
giphy.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
How far up the all-time list Sid goes depends in large part on how many times the Pens can keep making the playoffs. This may be the last go-round with Malkin and Letang; it's difficult to fathom the Pens making the playoffs a year after losing both those guys in free agency. Sid has 3 years left on his current contract, and no one is really sure how much longer he wants to play after that; he might make the playoffs as few one or two more times after this season.

With that said, I think he's a lock to surpass Jagr before this series ends as he only needs 2 points in 3 games. If the Pens make a long-ish run of it this year, he's got a shot to pass Anderson for #4. But to catch Kurri he's going to need another postseason or two, and that's no guarantee. We are not long out from the Pens rebuilding. If Sid gets to #3 all time in spite of that, it'd certainly be a feather in his cap.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
How far up the all-time list Sid goes depends in large part on how many times the Pens can keep making the playoffs. This may be the last go-round with Malkin and Letang; it's difficult to fathom the Pens making the playoffs a year after losing both those guys in free agency. Sid has 3 years left on his current contract, and no one is really sure how much longer he wants to play after that; he might make the playoffs as few one or two more times after this season.

With that said, I think he's a lock to surpass Jagr before this series ends as he only needs 2 points in 3 games. If the Pens make a long-ish run of it this year, he's got a shot to pass Anderson for #4. But to catch Kurri he's going to need another postseason or two, and that's no guarantee. We are not long out from the Pens rebuilding. If Sid gets to #3 all time in spite of that, it'd certainly be a feather in his cap.
As long as Crosbys on the team they will make the playoffs

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Who has the most consecutive years in the POs? Lidstrom or Bourque ? Sid has to be close.

Sid's streak was interrupted by injury; the team has made the playoffs for 16 years straight, but he personally missed the postseason in 2011, so this is only his tenth consecutive playoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad