Prospect Info: 75th overall pick - Vinzenz Rohrer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
He is gonna make a ton of points in the OHL starting next year. Fan of his game. Relentless, always on top of his guys, first guy to backtrack, dynamic with the puck, etc. Bobrov or Lapointe was not lying by saying he was playing the right way. More exciting than Luke Tuch, Kostenko, etc.

Scott Wheeler wrote a great article on him if you have not read it. How second-round pick Vinzenz Rohrer travelled a unique yet familiar road to the draft

Nice pick! Really looking forward his development. He will need to add some weights, but I think we might have something here.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wonder how he compares to fellow Latvian Zemgus Girgensons, I always liked him but feel like Sabres rushed him to NHL.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Been reading on his background, very happy with this pick (was a tennis player before switching to hockey like his friend Marco Rossi !) Not a top 6 upside but could be a very good 3rd line player (compete, motor, skating)

On a side note I really like the personnalities of the players they're bringing in, they seem to be paying a lot of attention to the locker room "vibe" and it kinda makes sense, these guys will spend so much time together (Dach alluded to it in his interview). Rohrer looks as chill as Harris (in a good way).

Smart kid too

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Been reading on his background, very happy with this pick (was a tennis player before switching to hockey like his friend Marco Rossi !) Not a top 6 upside but could be a very good 3rd line player (compete, motor, skating)

On a side note I really like the personnalities of the players they're bringing in, they seem to be paying a lot of attention to the locker room "vibe" and it kinda makes sense, these guys will spend so much time together (Dach alluded to it in his interview). Rohrer looks as chill as Harris (in a good way).

Smart kid too

Is he Pezz's kid brother or something?

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
To continue my thoughts from the day of the draft, the comp that I always thought about during the 67s season was Patrice Bergeron. Now, personally I see Bergeron as one of the game's best ever 2-way players and to expect Rohrer to reach anywhere close to that level would be unrealistic, there are some similarities in the way they skate, generate offense, elite level hockey IQ, and their very mature defensive games at such a young age. Rohrer is sturdy and agile on his skates, but needs to improve his acceleration to reach the next level...that should come with lower-body strength training, but its worth noting that Bergeron has put together a hall of fame career without being anything more than an average/acceptable skater. Rohrer's hockey IQ has already been well-documented in scouting reports and in this thread, and his deployment (both special teams) by Cameron bears that out. But the forechecking, board play, positioning, vision/passing ability...all similar to Bergeron imo.

I'll also highlight that while Rohrer led the 67s in scoring, the team was missing its nominal best forward, Jack Beck, for a large part of the season due to internal injuries; Rohrer's all-around game noticeably improved when Beck returned and was able to take some pressure off him as the 67s primary offensive player. There was a point during the season (during Beck's lengthy absence) that Rohrer seemed worn-down, but as I said in my earlier post he picked his play back up later in the season which is a huge credit to him. He was firing on all cylinders in the latter part of the regular season and in the playoffs. And by all accounts, including some limited interactions I've had with him, he's an incredibly nice, well-demeanored and hard-working kid and seems extremely coachable. He'll do well in Ottawa for another season or two under Cameron, who's obviously a pro-style coach.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Believe it or not....no. I guess this shows how old I am as I remember this prospect when he was drafted.

Interesting, I remember Baumgartner very well as the Laval Titans played 15 mins away from my house and I got to watch him quite a few times. Always thought he'd have a great career. Never knew he was Austrian though!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Watching some tape - Trocheck vibes, anyone else get them?

Lehkonen as well? Maybe not as violent but certainly as much energy and playing the 200' game.

I'll admit. I don't know much about Rohrer. Just the video I can see after we picked him.

Habs won't have problems with depth for the foreseeable future. Guys will bust but some will surprise. Add more quality and I'm a believer

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Did he confirm that? I thought it was pretty much locked in that he was going to Detroit's Swedish farm team in Rögle.

That was according from Shawn Simpson tsn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad