Prospect Info: 75th overall pick - Vinzenz Rohrer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Believe it or not....no. I guess this shows how old I am as I remember this prospect when he was drafted.

There's an even older one:

The first Austrian ever picked in the NHL draft.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
I guess that's the 1st ever Austrian we have picked? Assume he will be at the WJC's.

He played for Austria at the WJCs in December (the tournament that was shortened due to covid)...he was actually the player of the game for Austria in their game against the Canadians and made a nice play on one of the Austrian goals.

I watch most 67s home games and Rohrer is a good prospect. He got stronger over the course of the season and ended up as the team's 1st line center by the time the regular season ended, and in their 1st round playoff series against North Bay (for the majority of the regular season, he was a top-6 RW). Super smart positionally, strong and committed defensively, and his hockey IQ is consistently on display. He has a nice touch around the net and good vision. He's part of the PK rotation and is generally the forward that Cameron uses for 5 on 3's. He's still 17, so has tons of time to improve and get stronger physically, and importantly he'll get really good coaching and team structure in Ottawa (not to mention, Ottawa is looking strong for the upcoming 2022-23 season, so Rohrer will be a big part in what will hopefully be a lengthy playoff run for them). I'm super excited for this kid!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
When half of the posters on these boards weren't even born yet in 1997....yes...Sorry Man, we're getting old.

Hfboards posters median age is higher than 35 years old would be my wager. When was the last time you've seen a 20 years old on a message board? They prefer video, and Reddit stuff.

Reactions: Wats

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Hfboards posters median age is higher than 35 years old would be my wager. When was the last time you've seen a 20 years old on a message board? They prefer video, and Reddit stuff.

You may be right, but it would be interesting to find out.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Give me your impressions boys. I didn't watch much of Rohrer after the first bit of the season since the 67s suck too much for my brain.

Extremely competitive, and an excellent skater (2nd behind Savoie) mostly because of his high agility scores. I think @Mark Edwards ranked him as an 8 or 9 for hockey sense, and he doesn't usually hand these grades out lightly. He gave similar grades to Rohrer and Kasper, actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad