GDT: #60 Pittsburgh Penguins @ Florida Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sure yeah, but that wasn't the point. That team had so much talent Jussi was a healthy scratch at times, now we have Sill playing...

It's not like MJ is some genius bench boss either.

Sure, but you've got to remember that Jokinen shouldn't have been a healthy scratch given that Adams was still playing every game.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
When was the last time a team traded a young 3rd line winger with top-6 potential for a 40+ year old rental? I'll wait.

How is a 35 point pace "minimal for a 3rd liner"? That's extremely average for a 3rd liner, and that's with Sutter (who has been really bad).

I'm starting to see the other side of things despite the attitude of everyone. I still don't see why the age keeps getting brought up though. What if it was a 35 year old rental of the same skill level as Jagr now? It's a rental no matter how you slice it. The age makes no difference it's what you're getting for the short term.

I think Beau has talent for sure, and it would take another year maybe two before I said he just isn't going to develop, but I'm not sure what people would be willing to give for Jagr. Kunitz is a completely pointless return for the Devils, and in general I think the general disposition of this board is to not make strong deadline deals for better or worse.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
England dominating the cricket and Penguins winning.

Just need a Crosby goal and I'm happy as punch.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
It's not like no team has ever traded a young guy for rental talent. As for Beau's scoring, he scores minimally for a third liner. That's all he's shown so far. If you think he's got more in store for us in the next couple years, hey keep him. I think it's a flip of the coin

see this is why it wasn't worth really responding because you'll just hand wave it away anyway

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I'm starting to see the other side of things despite the attitude of everyone. I still don't see why the age keeps getting brought up though. What if it was a 35 year old rental of the same skill level as Jagr now? It's a rental no matter how you slice it. The age makes no difference it's what you're getting for the short term.

I think Beau has talent for sure, and it would take another year maybe two before I said he just isn't going to develop, but I'm not sure what people would be willing to give for Jagr. Kunitz is a completely pointless return for the Devils, and in general I think the general disposition of this board is to not make strong deadline deals for better or worse.

Your point about what it will take to get Jagr is a good one. I don't know that the Pens have the pieces to get him.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
see this is why it wasn't worth really responding because you'll just hand wave it away anyway

So basically "I think Beau is a middling NHL prospect, which I think is a reasonable return for Jagr. If you disagree then I'm sure you'd want to keep him" was not a legit response? Btw we're up to three posts of nothing from you.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kunitz looked like he didn't even try to skate there. I hate Kunitz.

Love Despres tho.

You know what's funny, even with how things have gone 180 this weekend, nothing has changed where Kunitz and Sutter are concerned.

I just hope JR doesn't suddenly become content, like the threats were enough.

penguins2946*

Your point about what it will take to get Jagr is a good one. I don't know that the Pens have the pieces to get him.

Tbh, I think we do. I really don't see Jagr getting much more than Guerin in 2009. I think a F prospect and a conditional 3rd should be enough to bring him in, even at 50%. Jagr has slowed down a lot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad