GDT: #60 Pittsburgh Penguins @ Florida Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

Jagr/Bennett was randomly mentioned on the radio the other day. I think that makes the most sense for both teams.

That makes literally negative sense.

Downie out and Jagr in makes some sense if Downie is only going to be playing on the 4th line here, but not BB.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
We get a good rental player for a guy who's future is hazy in every sense of the word?

Bennett is a young, talented winger that has shown chemistry with Malkin and we can lock up on a cheap deal during the summer. He can be a part of this team for a long, long time.

Jagr is a 43 year old rental who's cap hit is significantly higher than Beau's.

That's a move Shero would make.

penguins2946*

Bennett is a young, talented winger who has shown chemistry with Malkin that we can lock up on a cheap deal during the summer.

Jagr is a 42 year old rental who's cap hit is significantly higher than Beau's.

That's not even a move Shero would make, that's a move Feaster or Milbury would make.

I forgot a lot of people still think Beau is really really good I guess.

Bennett is a scoring 3rd liner. He is 23 years old. I honestly have no idea how you think that's a good deal. Jagr is nearly twice Bennett's age, and Bennett helps in the NHL right now.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Bennett is a young, talented winger that has shown chemistry with Malkin and we can lock up on a cheap deal during the summer. He can be a part of this team for a long, long time.

Jagr is a 43 year old rental who's cap hit is significantly higher than Beau's.

I can live without the move but you've got a prospect who is still growing but who no one really knows how good he is. Jagr can really help down the stretch and in the playoffs. Beau isn't an "A" prospect

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Adams out but we still have Sill. My God is he brutal. Amazing how long he's hung on here.
He's worse than Adams in my mind.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
That's not even a move Shero would make, that's a move Feaster or Milbury would make.

Bennett is a scoring 3rd liner. He is 23 years old. I honestly have no idea how you think that's a good deal. Jagr is nearly twice Bennett's age, and Bennett helps in the NHL right now.

It's not like no team has ever traded a young guy for rental talent. As for Beau's scoring, he scores minimally for a third liner. That's all he's shown so far. If you think he's got more in store for us in the next couple years, hey keep him. I think it's a flip of the coin

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I can live without the move but you've got a prospect who is still growing but who no one really knows how good he is. Jagr can really help down the stretch and in the playoffs. Beau isn't an "A" prospect

Bennett is still growing, sure. He needs to work on his consistency, but he has nights that he is our best player. He's already shown that he plays well with Malkin.

Jagr can help down the stretch. Bennett can help for the rest of Sid and Geno's primes. It's a terrible idea.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I forgot a lot of people still think Beau is really really good I guess.

It's more about "Bennett could be a roster player for us for the next few years at least. Jagr's a rental in the purest sense of the word, and it's an emotion-driven trade."

I'd like to see Jagr ride off into the sunset in a Penguin jersey as much as anyone, but trading Bennett for him is... Uh, short-sighted. I'll just say that. I don't think Bennett's some phenomenal player either. I don't even think he's really top six material, and is best suited for 3rd line duty, but I wouldn't trade him for 2 or 3 months of Jagr.

penguins2946*

It's not like no team has ever traded a young guy for rental talent. As for Beau's scoring, he scores minimally for a third liner. That's all he's shown so far

When was the last time a team traded a young 3rd line winger with top-6 potential for a 40+ year old rental? I'll wait.

How is a 35 point pace "minimal for a 3rd liner"? That's extremely average for a 3rd liner, and that's with Sutter (who has been really bad).

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Regardless, Bennet's our only Top-6 upside forward prospect (Edit: forgot about KK. Point still stands, though). No way in hell you trade him for a 43 year old winger, regardless of if that winger is a living legend.

Kunitz, however... similar cap hits, similar levels of production, similar points in their careers. Devils actually get term, so it's a bit uneven if you really look at it objectively, but we get him away from Crosby/Malking so it's a win/win/win.

Bonus points: Kunitz is the kind of winger Lou loves. Old, declining, almost broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad