Post-Game Talk: #6| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 9TH | 7:30 PM | F/W 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Another incredible playoff victory! Keep the run going boys.

Trotz will find a spot for Wahlstrom (maybe for Leo lining up with Maty and Jordan would be sweet), b/c I agree Zajac stays in.

Pelech has been a beast all postseason - so happy for him.
Dobson is growing and getting some serious hockey lessons.

Nelson line was buzzing all night.
Pageau - can't say enough about this guy - his line doing some serious heavy lifting and I'm sure they'll be seeing a lot of the Kucherov line.

can't say enough about our Paisan - He is SO strong - like freakishly strong. Happy he potted another. Lou will resign him.

nice one boys! Let's GO ISLES
I’m also happy Palmieri potted McEvoy’s face! The B’s are a dirty team that had the audacity to complain about the refs while being cheap bastards themselves!

Last edited:
Reactions: Barzaltrick

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
upload_2021-6-9_23-48-59.png

@Bones45

Damn, it's not animating.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
For the few of you here trying to give garth snow even a shred of credit, please stop trying to ruin the buzz around here.

The "rebuild" started in 2008 and since then the Isles had six (6) top-10 picks and sixteen (16) overall. If Lou (or any competent GM) was in charge of that kind of draft capital (much less all the other moves) since then (even with wang as owner), the Isles would have more talent right now at minimum, if not would have been a Cup Champion already.

Having garth snow around is like putting sugar in your gas tank - It's not needed, won't help your car in any way, and may even ruin your car totally.

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
I think this is our best series win in the Trotz era. PIT (x 2), and WSH were great- but still think there was some Cup hangover/lack of compete level there- as well as poor goaltending. This was a hungry Bruins team (‘11 Cup is a ways back now)- with some all-time great players- and their own intimidating home crowd. Just super proud of the boys coming through.

On to Tampa…

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
For the few of you here trying to give garth snow even a shred of credit, please stop trying to ruin the buzz around here.

The "rebuild" started in 2008 and since then the Isles had six (6) top-10 picks and sixteen (16) overall. If Lou (or any competent GM) was in charge of that kind of draft capital (much less all the other moves) since then (even with wang as owner), the Isles would have more talent right now at minimum, if not would have been a Cup Champion already.

Having garth snow around is like putting sugar in your gas tank - It's not needed, won't help your car in any way, and may even ruin your car totally.
More to the point, IMO, is that any good Garth Snow did was negated by his unwillingness to let anyone other than his cronies like Capuano and Weight coach the team. Maybe his hands were tied with Capuano given Want’s budget, but he kept Weight under Ledecky/Malkin and sabotaged a team with two elite centers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKP

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
More to the point, IMO, is that any good Garth Snow did was negates by his unwillingness to let anyone other than his cronies like Capuano and Weight coach the team. Maybe his hands were tied with Capuano given Want’s budget, but he kept Weight under Ledecly/Malkin and sabotaged a team with two elite centers.
Well, the book is being written on one of those players that he might not be a ‘winner’ and a ‘captain’ that can lead a winner.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I love Mike Bossy, but tough never really registered as an adjective for him, many would say that the toughest Islander was Brian Trottier, he actually never fought much because goons did not want to lose to a skilled player. Bossy was mentally tough I think if that is what you are saying.
My original reply was lost for some reason. Must be something going on with the site.

A quicker response.

Loved Trottier, agree with your thoughts. My father loved him as a fellow “Flatlander” so we followed the Isles in addition to the Canucks, especially in the Playoffs growing up.

Definition of toughness differs here and neither is wrong imho. Yes, mentally tough is a better description than I used. Thank you.

As you well know, not a big man, Bryan was physically tough, could impose his will upon opponents.

My Dad showed me that Bossy was exceptionally tough as well, in the way he endured abuse, would get knocked around, but be in position to score within a split second.

To me, looking back he was John Wick ahead of his Time.

Just my opinion.

0937C7D6-CC04-452F-923D-C700B5C88793.gif

Last edited:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Good for those ladies for being willing to have some fun.
Great stuff @The Lighthouse & @PWJunior

Thanks again for letting me hang out here tonight.

Thank you @PWJunior for the invitation to join you next Round. See you then.
I’ll get some more memes and gifs ready…..

View attachment 445661

View attachment 445662

View attachment 445663

View attachment 445664

View attachment 445665

Fun fact, they were mimicing Butch's moves from this video! Couldn't find a longer clip based on my small search, but his performance was a memorable part of a talent competition for charity from way back when:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Fun fact, they were mimicing Butch's moves from this video! Couldn't find a longer clip based on my small search, but his performance was a memorable part of a talent competition for charity from way back when:

I could see it behind them and knew there must be more to this story. I didn’t recognize him without his trademark helmet.

That is simply unfiltered awesomeness. Thank you for the background

C18634A7-A966-4A5A-A131-13E376C09FC0.gif

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
For every single one of my 10 million posts about charles wang, the feeling we all feel tonight is why I would never shut up about it.

I knew we were dead with wang and it could be this good with real owners.

God bless Malkin and Ledecky. If you think what’s gone on here the last 3 years vs the previous 15 is just coincidence then go root for the Sabres.
Agree with everything you said. One thing I will forever be grateful to Charles Wang however will be keeping the team in NY. It's easy to forget how bleak things were circa 2011. He had every right financially speaking to go elsewhere and he didn't. Wang was a terrible owner but a true NYer and I''ll always love him for that. Without buying time at Barclay's there is no Messiah Malkin and Lord Ledecky!

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Agree with everything you said. One thing I will forever be grateful to Charles Wang however will be keeping the team in NY. It's easy to forget how bleak things were circa 2011. He had every right financially speaking to go elsewhere and he didn't. Wang was a terrible owner but a true NYer and I''ll always love him for that. Without buying time at Barclay's there is no Messiah Malkin and Lord Ledecky!

The TV contract had more to do with it than Wang‘s generosity

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
“just f***ing headshot Barzal. why not? they're a f***ing 1 player team and it's 50/50 they even call it”

I wanted to start the day by entering the biggest salt mine in the world. What do you guys think about this gem I found in the Bruins GDT? It’s upvoted as well, haha.

First time ever I see someone call the Isles a “one-player-team” :D

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The TV contract had more to do with it than Wang‘s generosity
Wang was steered into owning the Isles as a reputation repair and legacy play due to his fuzzy accounting method that made him a ton of money, but also tarnished his business reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad