Post-Game Talk: #6| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 9TH | 7:30 PM | F/W 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
2018-07-01T20-15-18.533Z--1280x720.jpg

"The important thing is I live near Aryne's parents."

I dont want to dwell on JT, but i'm fairly convinced if it was up to him, he'd have stayed...but..."other factors" intruded. OH WELL

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
No way Zajac is coming out of the lineup after that game. He was phenomenal today.

Big time player, this whole series, got pucks deep, played physical, the net front presence.

We are finally getting the 2 for 1 we thought we were.

Can't get enough of those shots when it pans to Lou in the pressbox with his mask on.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Great win, now we need to get Wahlstrom back, if only to allow for more options to mix and match. And just in case of an injury. I don't need to see a Ross, Czarnik, Knuckles, etc. at this point.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
The Boss man has spoken!

Hope you don’t mind me sticking around, but seeing that post from Mike Bossy took me back to my childhood.

He was just sooo deadly. As a Canucks family, we rarely got to watch him until the playoffs, but he always showed up, even though the Games were very rough, he found a way.

I recognize that his determination to fight through the abuse laid upon him shortened his brilliant career. I know 1982 happened and it crushed me as a young teen.

However, I cannot help but smile whenever I think of his ability.

1465198F-419E-4BB3-A7F1-90C1EAE5129A.gif

Sorry for the derailment.

As you were.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
When the powers that be make the next 10-game DVD set of Isles classics, I’d sure like THIS one to be in the batch.

What a night.

Toronto hockey Twitter pretty funny, but mostly anti-91/Leafs. You can imagine the play that a elimination of Boston is getting, too.

What a night!

Reactions: islesfan186 and JKP

scott99

May 13, 2005
The way this season ended, I never thought we’d be here. This team is just built for the playoffs. The trade with the Devils looked terrible a month ago and now it looks like genius.
So true, they looked SO bad losing 4 of their last 5, included 3 games to two of the worst teams in hockey. Palmieri had 2 goals in 17 games after the trade. But man, I don’t know how they do it, I didn’t think they can turn it on. Palmieri, 7 goals in 12 playoff games. The lack of confidence in those last 5 games, they now have incredible confidence.

No superstars, but so many guys can beat you. Nelson, Bailey, Barzal, Pageau, Beauvillier, Palmieri, Eberle. Great goaltending. The best coach in hockey. It’s unbelievable. Not for nothing, Isles gave Tampa a helluva fight last year, I believe the Isles lost 3 of the 4 games in that series in OT. Isles much better in OT this year in the playoffs.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hope you don’t mind me sticking around, but seeing that post from Mike Bossy took me back to my childhood.

He was just sooo deadly. As a Canucks family, we rarely got to watch him until the playoffs, but he always showed up, even though the Games were very rough, he found a way.

I recognize that his determination to fight through the abuse laid upon him shortened his brilliant career. I know 1982 happened and it crushed me as a young teen.

View attachment 445626

As you were.

You can’t mention anyone else to my father besides Ovechkin. Says Bossy was the purest goal scorer he’s ever seen.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

View attachment 445626

As you were.
Bossy was the first islanders jersey I ever had. My first sports hero and my favorite islander ever!

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto

View attachment 445626

As you were.

My favourite player, ol’ Boss; I grew up on that dynasty and that’s why I cheer for the Isles from up in Toronto. I’ve got other teams I cheer for (ironically, Boston is one and the Leafs are decidedly not), but the NYI’s always been my #1.

I remember ‘82 well. That PNE rink lighting made every uniform pop with colour. I thought VCR hung in the best it could, particularly on the scoreboard in the two Nassau games. It was an impossible task for them to win, but the scores never got embarrassing.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I married Pens fan. And he makes me watch their games. And I make him listen to me fawning over Letang, because he's ridiculously hot. The hair helps.
How is it that Letang's teeth are perfect? Noticed that last round for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad