Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Quinn also the oldest player in the draft, not that Ottawa is scared to take older players but his birthday and late progress does scare me a bit

I can see Dorion try to trade something like NYI 1st + 2nd + 2nd to move to the top get a 3rd top-10 pick (from one of Devils, Sabres, or Hawks). Personally, I won't spend that much on Quinn - but would definitely agree to a package of NYI 1st + 2nd + 2nd if it nets us someone like Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti, or Sanderson within 8-10 range (especially if someone slips from top-7).

Pick availability wise, I see Quinn as a 10-12 range guy. Within the same range as Askarov (who may as well become the 2nd most impactful player from the draft if he becomes Price calibre) and Lundell.

Reactions: Tuna99

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
#3 - Byfield or Stutzle

- If Ottawa drafts Byfield, than they should take Sanderson at #5 to have one great forward & one great defenceman from the 1st rd of this draft.

- If Ottawa drafts Stutzle than IMO it would make sense to draft Lundell at #5 to be his centre. That gives Ottawa two 3rds of a potentially great line in the making. Lundell IMO should be in that 4-12 tier that PD talks about as should Sanderson & Askarov.

- every time Ottawa plays the NYI, I can see Pageau kicking the crap out of Drysdale, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond or Holtz. lol

You think Lundell is a good get at 5ova? I feel like I usually see him ranked in bottom 10 to 15 range.

He had a really good season it seems, not sure if the offensive upside is there to pick him over Rossi/Perfetti/Raymond though?

Byfield and Sanderson would be unreal to get

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
#3 - Byfield or Stutzle

- If Ottawa drafts Byfield, than they should take Sanderson at #5 to have one great forward & one great defenceman from the 1st rd of this draft.

- If Ottawa drafts Stutzle than IMO it would make sense to draft Lundell at #5 to be his centre. That gives Ottawa two 3rds of a potentially great line in the making. Lundell IMO should be in that 4-12 tier that PD talks about as should Sanderson & Askarov.

- every time Ottawa plays the NYI, I can see Pageau kicking the crap out of Drysdale, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond or Holtz. lol
Why would we draft Lundell to be Stuetzle's center when Stuetzle is a center? Just play Stuetzle at center and draft the guy you think is the best available player at 5.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does Lundell have more offense in him? is the big question. If he can find some more offense in his game he is going to be a hell of a player and one we could look back on and think should have went higher. He has a pretty high floor. I can see the Sens liking him. Decent size 6'1 190 , could add to that, already playing and having success against men in a pro league, top player coming out of Finland this year, Mature 2 Way game, grounded ... high character guy. Not flashy.
I do not peg him as a 1C. I would take him in that 9-12 range but he is one guy the Sens may go outside the Drysdale, Sanderson, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond box for at 5.

Gonna have to have an acronym for that box

R2010

May 23, 2011
Yeah Whitney is one of the most underrated players around. Had he spent his whole career outside of the dead puck era and instead in the new rule NHL he’d have an even better stat line.

Most points from his draft class. Did not expect to see that.

Reactions: bert

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I can see Dorion try to trade something like NYI 1st + 2nd + 2nd to move to the top get a 3rd top-10 pick (from one of Devils, Sabres, or Hawks). Personally, I won't spend that much on Quinn - but would definitely agree to a package of NYI 1st + 2nd + 2nd if it nets us someone like Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti, or Sanderson within 8-10 range (especially if someone slips from top-7).

Pick availability wise, I see Quinn as a 10-12 range guy. Within the same range as Askarov (who may as well become the 2nd most impactful player from the draft if he becomes Price calibre) and Lundell.

I’m all for moving up and getting quality players that for the spots we need them (#1C, #1RW, #1G, #2LW) / even if it means moving most of our picks to get the right 3 or 4 players.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I would trade up for lundell. I wouldn’t move up for Quinn I see similar players imo in the rage we will be at

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Does Lundell have more offense in him? is the big question. If he can find some more offense in his game he is going to be a hell of a player and one we could look back on and think should have went higher. He has a pretty high floor. I can see the Sens liking him. Decent size 6'1 190 , could add to that, already playing and having success against men in a pro league, top player coming out of Finland this year, Mature 2 Way game, grounded ... high character guy. Not flashy.
I do not peg him as a 1C. I would take him in that 9-12 range but he is one guy the Sens may go outside the Drysdale, Sanderson, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond box for at 5.

Gonna have to have an acronym for that box
Thing is. His offensive numbers against men were not bad this year. I think it might be his demeanor that has people questions his offense.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
#3 - Byfield or Stutzle

Lundell at #5 would just be poor asset management. If Dorion wants him that badly he might as well trade down a few spots and pick up another few picks or a player to whoever offers up the most to move up.

I still think drafting at #5 leaves us with some amazing options, and it would be worth the risk to draft a big name player like Drysdale, Perfetti, Raymond or Rossi as opposed to a "safe"choice in Lundell.

Other teams and their fans are going to envy us come draft day when we walk away with Byfielf or Stutzle and one of Drysdale, Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti or Sanderson...

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hate to do it but I just hate seeing people say stutzle is a center. If he becomes one. Fine. I’ll come here and admit I was wrong like I’ve done Everytime I’ve had to. But the guy is not going to be a center in the Nhl.

Reactions: aragorn

OUT HOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
I hate to do it but I just hate seeing people say stutzle is a center. If he becomes one. Fine. I’ll come here and admit I was wrong like I’ve done Everytime I’ve had to. But the guy is not going to be a center in the Nhl.

Damn, I'll break the bad news to Dorion

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Funny that so many people like Rossi but not Quinn. There is a true anti north american bias on this forum. @FormentonTheFuture is right. Blatantly obvious if you have this stance you didnt watch the 67's at all. Will people openly admit that they dont like Quinn because he is from the Ottawa Valley. Do you have it in you?

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Funny that so many people like Rossi but not Quinn. There is a true anti north american bias on this forum. @FormentonTheFuture is right. Blatantly obvious if you have this stance you didnt watch the 67's at all. Will people openly admit that they dont like Quinn because he is from the Ottawa Valley. Do you have it in you?

Yeah, i suppose the scouts McKenzie polled, central scouting, Future considerations, ISS, and McKeens all haven't watched any 67s games and have an anti north american bias because they like Rossi more than Quinn too, right?

Nobody hates Quinn, they just like other highly regarded prospects better. Having him outside consideration for the top 5 in a deep draft isn't an insult or evidence of bias towards NA players...

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
What the hell. This just doesn’t make any sense. Nobody’s out to get North American players LOL.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, i suppose the scouts McKenzie polled, central scouting, Future considerations, ISS, and McKeens all haven't watched any 67s games and have an anti north american bias because they like Rossi more than Quinn too, right?

Nobody hates Quinn, they just like other highly regarded prospects better. Having him outside consideration for the top 5 in a deep draft isn't an insult or evidence of bias towards NA players...
The scouts that have actually watched the players like Craig Button snd Brock Otten and many others have them very close. Even their own organizational members are split on who they would take in a draft.

How do you explain the anti Drysdale narrative then? All those scouting agencies have him higher but the same people that push Quinn down for some inexplicable reason are the anti Drysdale group.

I cant wait until Quinn proves he is on the same spectrum or better than Rossi at the next level.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

why not? His comparison is Brad Richards, very good NHL center. Won a Cup, Team Canada level player.

stuz might come in on the wing, but no reason he can’t play Center and be very good at it.

what makes you say he can’t play Center?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The scouts that have actually watched the players like Craig Button snd Brock Otten and many others have them very close. Even their own organizational members are split on who they would take in a draft.

How do you explain the anti Drysdale narrative then? All those scouting agencies have him higher but the same people that push Quinn down for some inexplicable reason are the anti Drysdale group.

I cant wait until Quinn proves he is on the same spectrum or better than Rossi at the next level.
So the scouts that agree with you watched and those that don't agree didn't? Seems kike a rationale argument.

Anti Drysdale narrative? Not really seeing it but if there is such a thing, it's likely just the usual group that wants more size out of their defenders rather than some bias against NA players or Canadians.

People have different opinions on what makes a player good, trying to attribute those opinions to some sort of anti Canadian bias or accusing people of not watching the players comes off as close minded and really doesn't do anything to move the conversation forward.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What about his game do you feel doesn't translate to center in the NHL?

He can cover a lot of ice with his dynamic skating, is a great puck distributor, has projectable size, and while his defensive gane is still a work in progress he shows a willingness to play both ends of the ice. He's been a center all his career until this year i think, but was playing in a mens league so moving to the wing to adapt in a new league against bigger older players isnt unusual. He move back to center in the wjc and looked good doing it.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Yup. And I don't care where a player is from at all. But it's something I've noticed with Sens fans, mainly due to most of our stars in the past being European/Swedish.

Reactions: The Sleestak

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

lmao if im right can i brag about being clairvoyant?

its a prediction dude base on what i see.

dislaimer: lots of "wheres your crystal ball?" when i said ceci and cowen were going to continue being crap.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
why not? His comparison is Brad Richards, very good NHL center. Won a Cup, Team Canada level player.

stuz might come in on the wing, but no reason he can’t play Center and be very good at it.

what makes you say he can’t play Center?
Brad richards??

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It would be fun to do a poll similar to the top Sens prospects one where we count down which players we'd most want at 5. Just exclude the top 3 consensus guys and it would be really interesting. Anyone up for it?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Looked good at C at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad