Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Giroux’esque. Will play both positions dependant on who he is playing with, and will be successful at both.

Even if he was a winger, he’s still the 2nd best winger in the draft IMO. I’d take him 4 and play him in whichever spot worked out better for the team.

Interesting. The more I think about it, the more I don't mind this pick at #5. I can totally see Perfetti directing traffic on the half-wall on the powerplay. His high IQ, puck distribution skills, and his ability to bury one-timers makes him a serious threat on the PP. Defenses need to stay honest when he's on the ice. Thanks BT!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Interesting. The more I think about it, the more I don't mind this pick at #5. I can totally see Perfetti directing traffic on the half-wall on the powerplay. His high IQ, puck distribution skills, and his ability to bury one-timers makes him a serious threat on the PP. Defenses need to stay honest when he's on the ice. Thanks BT!
He’s going to be a monster on the half wall on the PP1 of whoever drafts him. He’s got the best combo of shooting and passing among the guys in the 4-10 tier, and has the best vision and I.Q to set up those plays.

The risk is there with his skating, but that’s not going to hold him back imo, I think it’s going to be NHL level by the time he’s 20.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm expecting the Sens to pick either Sanderson or Quinn at #5.
I feel like we'd go Holtz before Quinn if for some reason we don't want Drysdale, Raymond, Perfetti or Rossi, and Sanderson really does seem like our type, though I'm not sure we'd take him that high.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I feel like we'd go Holtz before Quinn if for some reason we don't want Drysdale, Raymond, Perfetti or Rossi, and Sanderson really does seem like our type, though I'm not sure we'd take him that high.

The Senators seem to like all around ability, progression and not being undersized when they're picking in the first round. Pierre has said they've got a group of 4-12 in that range but there's a small number of those that skew towards their draft tendency.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Perfetti didn't sound particularly enthusiastic about the possibility of being drafted by Ottawa. It looks like he has his heart set on getting drafted by Detroit.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He’s going to be a monster on the half wall on the PP1 of whoever drafts him. He’s got the best combo of shooting and passing among the guys in the 4-10 tier, and has the best vision and I.Q to set up those plays.

The risk is there with his skating, but that’s not going to hold him back imo, I think it’s going to be NHL level by the time he’s 20.
Do you think his skating could hinder his upside? Which current NHL player do you think he has the most comparable upside to?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Do you think his skating could hinder his upside? Which current NHL player do you think he has the most comparable upside to?
I think it could be the difference between a 65 point offensive 1st liner and an 85+ point offensive dynamo.

He reminds me of a more latently talented Ray Whitney, especially if he ends up on the wing full time.

Perfetti fits a new age “The Wizard” moniker as well as any prospect over the past decade, almost exactly the same skill set, size, and concerns as the previous Wizard.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
The Senators seem to like all around ability, progression and not being undersized when they're picking in the first round. Pierre has said they've got a group of 4-12 in that range but there's a small number of those that skew towards their draft tendency.

It is strange to read what senators like. The owner does not want to pay, bottom line. The last 10 years of Sens drafting top 80 every year, was disastrous to say the least. The bottom of the league payroll did not help the situation. When drafting from inferior programs, like US college players, who will join the team, 1000 years later and save owner the money.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
It is strange to read what senators like. The owner does not want to pay, bottom line. The last 10 years of Sens drafting top 80 every year, was disastrous to say the least. The bottom of the league payroll did not help the situation. When drafting from inferior programs, like US college players, who will join the team, 1000 years later and save owner the money.
Would you take Jack Eichel on this team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Not sure about the "not being undersized" bit. Dorion's proudest day as a gm was acquiring an undersized dman in Brannstrom afterall. They also traded for Balcers and Abramov.

Everybody would prefer a two way game, big bodied player who is showing rapid progression, all else being equal, so those things matter but i don't think its enough to bump some of the more traditional top 6 or 7 ranked guys.

I really can't see us passing on all of Raymond, Drysdale, and Perfetti for Quinn. Personally I have Rossi and Sanderson ahead of him too.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Not sure about the "not being undersized" bit. Dorion's proudest day as a gm was acquiring an undersized dman in Brannstrom afterall. They also traded for Balcers and Abramov.

Everybody would prefer a two way game, big bodied player who is showing rapid progression, all else being equal, so those things matter but i don't think its enough to bump some of the more traditional top 6 or 7 ranked guys.

I really can't see us passing on all of Raymond, Drysdale, and Perfetti for Quinn. Personally I have Rossi and Sanderson ahead of him too.

I didn't say that Dorion is against small players, just that he doesn't draft them in the first round. How many players under 6 feet has he drafted?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Quinn also the oldest player in the draft, not that Ottawa is scared to take older players but his birthday and late progress does scare me a bit

R2010

May 23, 2011
I think it could be the difference between a 65 point offensive 1st liner and an 85+ point offensive dynamo.

He reminds me of a more latently talented Ray Whitney, especially if he ends up on the wing full time.

Perfetti fits a new age “The Wizard” moniker as well as any prospect over the past decade, almost exactly the same skill set, size, and concerns as the previous Wizard.

If he topped out at Ray Whitney i'd be thrilled. Dude had 10 seasons with a 70 point pace or better.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If he topped out at Ray Whitney i'd be thrilled. Dude had 10 seasons with a 70 point pace or better.
Yeah Whitney is one of the most underrated players around. Had he spent his whole career outside of the dead puck era and instead in the new rule NHL he’d have an even better stat line.

Reactions: R2010

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
One of Drysdale, Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi or Sanderson.. I think I am giving them enough players to chose between. I hope they stay in that very liberal box

For me, take Drysdale if available at #5. If he is gone, then I am not sure which one to take. Perhaps Raymond.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
#3 - Byfield or Stutzle

- If Ottawa drafts Byfield, than they should take Sanderson at #5 to have one great forward & one great defenceman from the 1st rd of this draft.

- If Ottawa drafts Stutzle than IMO it would make sense to draft Lundell at #5 to be his centre. That gives Ottawa two 3rds of a potentially great line in the making. Lundell IMO should be in that 4-12 tier that PD talks about as should Sanderson & Askarov.

- every time Ottawa plays the NYI, I can see Pageau kicking the crap out of Drysdale, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond or Holtz. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad