OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Frostfire/Desert Glory/Crossroads for me. Rats Nest was good too. Maps that were pretty even no matter what side you chose.

My brother started playing SOCOM II again last week. There is some guy who created a server to allow others to play.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Not happy so far. It feels like Battlefield in the worst possible way.

Call of a Duty is known for having quick and responsive controls... this feels clunky as hell, as if there's a delay every time you try to do something.

Do you play on a monitor or a big screen tv? I play on a 21.5 inch monitor and it plays pretty smooth. I play a rush style with SMGs that require quick responses and movements and haven't noticed anything bad with it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Do you play on a monitor or a big screen tv? I play on a 21.5 inch monitor and it plays pretty smooth. I play a rush style with SMGs that require quick responses and movements and haven't noticed anything bad with it.

I've played the last 7 CoDs on the same TV and it's never felt like this before. :(

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Be on the lookout for Irma...

Hopefully it doesn't make its way up the NE coast. I'm in Miami now but will be out by Wed so should be ok even though weather sucks mostly ...will have one beach day out of 4 bc of rain and clouds. Don't want it to follow me back home but looks like it will regardless of Irma. Mother nature is as the Hound from GoT would say..a C word!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Beta got an update today and one of the changes is faster ADS after sprinting, which helps a bit.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Choked on my first PUBG victory last night. Was playing duos with a homie, who was killed. Facing a 2v1 and downed 1 enemy then whiffed with the shotty as I pushed them. FML.

Being new to K&M, the most frustrating thing about this is my brain knows what to do but my hands can't execute yet. I know I'd have multiple victories now if I used a controller, but long term K&M is the way to go.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Were you in the competitive scene? I played DOD competitively for years

Yeah, a little in CAL and then mostly we focused on IGL because it worked better for us. I ended up being their anticheat admin for a bit.

I was also involved in the DOD:C project that attempted to make DOD:S worthwhile for competition. It was a lot of CAL-I and CAL-M guys, and since we were also a large pub server clan they thought we'd bring good input from the casual side to keep things appealing for a wider audience. Well...yes, we were a casual clan, but we had one old CAL-I guy and another who never did real competition but is easily better than any of those guys, his reactions were unreal. And while I wasn't amazing I was still good, so when the cocky CAL guys decided to start the first test scrim by trying to stomp us we ended up making them rage quit in minutes. Like Flyotes said, the egos are completely suffocating.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Yeah, a little in CAL and then mostly we focused on IGL because it worked better for us. I ended up being their anticheat admin for a bit.

I was also involved in the DOD:C project that attempted to make DOD:S worthwhile for competition. It was a lot of CAL-I and CAL-M guys, and since we were also a large pub server clan they thought we'd bring good input from the casual side to keep things appealing for a wider audience. Well...yes, we were a casual clan, but we had one old CAL-I guy and another who never did real competition but is easily better than any of those guys, his reactions were unreal. And while I wasn't amazing I was still good, so when the cocky CAL guys decided to start the first test scrim by trying to stomp us we ended up making them rage quit in minutes. Like Flyotes said, the egos are completely suffocating.

That's interesting. I was out of the scene by the time they tried to do they DOD:S mod you talked about. As i understand valve sent them a cease and desist?

Speaking of DOD revivals and cease and desists from valve, I tried to get in early on the Days of War game that came out earlier this year that sold itself as a modern DOD. Had a ton of promise up front but the developers really botched the early access roll out. They weren't focused on the right things and having nothing but garbage maps really brought it to a grinding halt

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's interesting. I was out of the scene by the time they tried to do they DOD:S mod you talked about. As i understand valve sent them a cease and desist?

Speaking of DOD revivals and cease and desists from valve, I tried to get in early on the Days of War game that came out earlier this year that sold itself as a modern DOD. Had a ton of promise up front but the developers really botched the early access roll out. They weren't focused on the right things and having nothing but garbage maps really brought it to a grinding halt

Map design is really crucial, especially if a game relies on cap points.

I don't know how DoD:C died. All I know was that it just stopped suddenly. I wasn't too deep into the inner workings of the team, we were more or less consultants/testers representing casual gamers. A cease and desist is possible, but the amount of brutal bickering among the group didn't help. Like at first I thought people must be joking, that nobody could be that incredibly serious about a game...in time I figured out they were being dead serious a huge amount of the time.

I can easily see Valve and their DoD team getting very salty about DoD:C because they had spent months proclaiming that the randomness in their huge cones of fire was inherent to the Source engine and there was nothing they could do about it, and basically the first thing the C team did was prove them wrong and fix it.

It's a shame it died (However that happened), even the early iterations with some balance issues (I recall one test where nades become nuclear weapons on accident) played WAY better than DoD:S.

I actually couldn't go back to DoD:S even as an MG-42/Garand class because I had realized just how deeply flawed the original game was, on pretty much a conceptual level.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Looks like it's Florida's turn to get pounded by a hurricane.

A Florida landfall is not set in stone yet. I studied meteorology and though I don't do it professionally(the money blows) I still forecast for friends and for fun. I think Irma has a much better shot at hitting South Carolina or north Carolina after maybe scraping Florida. Seems to me like it will miss Florida just to the east like Matthew did last year and head due north into Charleston or Georgetown. Just my 2 cents but I figured I'd throw this possibility out there since the news is so focused on a Florida hit when it certainly isn't a sure thing at this time. There's still an outside chance this monster could slip out to sea, though that chance is decreasing as we get closer to landfall and the large scale pattern details are beginning to be locked in. Really anyone on the coast from Miami to Long Island should be prepared to evacuate on short notice as just a slight change in the modeled pattern could be the difference between a Miami and Outer Banks landfall. This is a very, very tough and delicate forecast and I don't envy the pros as it is really a no win situation for them. Sadly wherever this hits, it is looking like it will be at least a category 4 storm and possibly still a category 5. Anything category 3 and over would bring massive devastation and surge to wherever it makes landfall as the east coast as a whole has massively built up and hasn't seen a storm of Irma s strength in many many years and much infrastructure is not built to survive a storm of this magnitude. With so much of the nations disaster response teams still in Texas, this could be a delayed response to wherever is hit. Personally, I hope the 10% chance it goes out to sea after hitting the Bahamas ends up happening as resources are already stretched so thin.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Craig Carton got arrested by the Fed's for being involved in a $2M ticket fraud scheme. He's a sports radio personality in New York but he used to do radio here in Philly.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
A Florida landfall is not set in stone yet. I studied meteorology and though I don't do it professionally(the money blows) I still forecast for friends and for fun. I think Irma has a much better shot at hitting South Carolina or north Carolina after maybe scraping Florida. Seems to me like it will miss Florida just to the east like Matthew did last year and head due north into Charleston or Georgetown. Just my 2 cents but I figured I'd throw this possibility out there since the news is so focused on a Florida hit when it certainly isn't a sure thing at this time. There's still an outside chance this monster could slip out to sea, though that chance is decreasing as we get closer to landfall and the large scale pattern details are beginning to be locked in. Really anyone on the coast from Miami to Long Island should be prepared to evacuate on short notice as just a slight change in the modeled pattern could be the difference between a Miami and Outer Banks landfall. This is a very, very tough and delicate forecast and I don't envy the pros as it is really a no win situation for them. Sadly wherever this hits, it is looking like it will be at least a category 4 storm and possibly still a category 5. Anything category 3 and over would bring massive devastation and surge to wherever it makes landfall as the east coast as a whole has massively built up and hasn't seen a storm of Irma s strength in many many years and much infrastructure is not built to survive a storm of this magnitude. With so much of the nations disaster response teams still in Texas, this could be a delayed response to wherever is hit. Personally, I hope the 10% chance it goes out to sea after hitting the Bahamas ends up happening as resources are already stretched so thin.

Welcome to the HF Flyers weather team!

There's a quick video out there of Barbados getting hit. It...is...wild! It started slow, like, "ok, this looks like a Cat 1 or weak 2" and within 30 seconds you see trees getting ripped from the ground. It's horrifying.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
If i want the COD WW2 Beta, where should i preorder from? Same with Nhl 18, does that have a beta?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to the HF Flyers weather team!

There's a quick video out there of Barbados getting hit. It...is...wild! It started slow, like, "ok, this looks like a Cat 1 or weak 2" and within 30 seconds you see trees getting ripped from the ground. It's horrifying.

this was from a webcam in Maho Beach, absolutely crazy that it was still up and running through that. I got like 3 hours of sleep last night because I was watching live streams of Irma coming through the islands. The highest gust I saw recorded was 158 mph and then the anemometer went down. Thats the same intensity as an ef-3 tornado except instead of lasting 30 seconds it lasts for 30 minutes or more... and hurricane hunters were finding gusts of 200 mph+ yesterday multiple times. That area is fairly fortunate that most of their housing is reinforced concrete. But scary to think a storm of this magnitude bearing down on Miami...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad