OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
PUBG is sweet, so far I've won about 8 solo games and 1 each of duo/group. Definitely harder to play with other people then go about it as a lone wolf.

I have won 2 solo and 1 as duo. It's been a while since I was able to pull it out though. I always finish high, just have trouble being the last one. I've had a couple where I'm #3 / #2 recently. I'm trying to play a bit more aggressively than I have both in positioning, where I drop and just overall shooting on site and that has made me a better player IMO. It's

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I've played most games by myself. I will say, I'd love to play with more duos. Also, I have a friend I'd love to have join me, but he's basically completely done with any sort of versus MP gaming.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
With all the online gaming talk around here, I remembered some of the most addictive things that happened during my late teenage years - has anyone here been playing Trackmania Nations?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I used to play that. I know my friend Chris played that CONSTANTLY. I do love the awesome "push forward" levels.

Cool to see someone from the USA too, I remember it being big mainly in Germany, CZE, France - havent met many Americans back then. The full speed levels were damn cool, but also difficult to build properly - everytime I stumbled upon a well built one, it was like heaven on speed, haha. Took away two summer holidays... :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
MW2 is an all-time great online shooter.

I loved Black Ops too.

CoD has a bad rep, but there were quite a few really fun ones. It's an arcade shooter, it's not supposed to be hyper realistic or some kind of mind blowing story. You mindlessly shoot ****.

The problem was that so many people complained about it being "the same reskinned game every year" that they thought they needed to change it by adding the jetpack garbage and they ended up completely ruining the last 3 games. I've never understood that complaint either. Each game definitely had differences compared to the ones before and after it, as much as any other game in a series does. Are Halo, Gears of War, or any other series drastically different between installments? Nope.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I loved mw3, played it most days for about 4 years. Got hacked a few months back and it wiped all my stats so i stopped.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
MW2 is an all-time great online shooter.

I loved Black Ops too.

Marathon, Lightweight, and Ninja in S&D was the ****. I'd boogie across the map and get all up in the other teams cookies before they were able to set up.

The remaster will be awesome nostalgia as that game held up better to the times than CoD4.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah MW3 was a good game. Jetpacks were cool at first but boots on the ground is coming 1-2 years late.

In their defense, each studio is on a 3 year development cycle so they started making this past one the same year the first jetpack one came out. So before the outcry to go back to standard CoD.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
COD is like the video game equivalent of the major summertime blockbuster popcorn flicks. I get how you can have fun playing it, but spending a lot of time getting into it is pretty dumb IMO.

Low skill cap, lots of game mechanics meant for casuals and pre-teens. It's a little bit of a generalization but most shooters designed to be played on a game pad suffer the same issue. The controls are not precise enough to allow for a high skill cap shooter so a lot of it is dumbed down

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It obviously doesn't take the skill of a game like Counterstrike, but you're exaggerating the low skill cap by quite a bit. A good player can consistently stomp a mediocre player, so there definitely is a gap. Plus the games competitive scene is growing quickly and there's a clear separation between the top tier and then rest.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
It obviously doesn't take the skill of a game like Counterstrike, but you're exaggerating the low skill cap by quite a bit. A good player can consistently stomp a mediocre player, so there definitely is a gap. Plus the games competitive scene is growing quickly and there's a clear separation between the top tier and then rest.

yeah I'll watch streams and YT videos of pro gamers and when they go into public games they are well ahead of everyone else

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
yeah I'll watch streams and YT videos of pro gamers and when they go into public games they are well ahead of everyone else

And even amongst the pros there's a pretty decently sized gap. I think one team has won like half of the tournaments over the last 2 games. If the gap was small then you'd have different winners all the time.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
And even amongst the pros there's a pretty decently sized gap. I think one team has won like half of the tournaments over the last 2 games. If the gap was small then you'd have different winners all the time.

Back with COD Ghosts i'm not too proud to admit I went to the COD tournament to watch when it was Philly :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
MW3 is when I lost interest. That one just fell flat with me.

Been loving BF1 when I actually get to play. I live that Martini-Henry/No.3 life. All horses must die.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Beta weekend 2 dropped early if anyone hadn't seen yet

I ****ed up.

Got home today and went online to pre-order, but that means no receipt, which means no beta code. Called to ask how to get it, and some Indian dude who speaks 3 words of English says something about the manufacturer not sending it to them yet and to call again tomorrow. So I tried calling the GameStop store I will be picking it up from and the guys says he had no idea but he heard a rumor that they were sending out emails with the code to people who ordered online, but it could take a few days. :madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad