OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Calipari comes out unscathed, it's only because an assistant jumped on the grenade or they just can't prove it this time. The one I really wonder about is Kansas. They never get mentioned, but I just don't see how you can stay on top that long if you're clean when it's as systemic as we've all known it is for years.

I think pretty much any team that has signed a one & done caliber of recruit since 2015 has to be sweating right now.

I saw on another site a kid from Reading that went to Miami is going to be involved in this.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Is there any way to reduce the number of ads? They used to be pretty minimal when signed in on mobile, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Wonder if anything comes out with Nike or Under Armour with funneling money. Wouldn't surprise me. Theres a good article on ESPN about the inside story of this

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Also, Westworld is a phenomenal show, you really have to pay attention, but the season finale my mind was completely blown. Cannot wait for season 2.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just can't get over how one of the main characters in Westworld is a McPoyle twin from Always Sunny :laugh:

Haha seriously..talk about outside-the-box casting. The last time I had even seen him prior to Always Sunny was in that Jason Biggs-Mena Suvari movie Loser.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I just can't get over how one of the main characters in Westworld is a McPoyle twin from Always Sunny :laugh:

He was in House of Cards for a hot minute too, right? I couldn't get over that also.

West World was really good. Sadly I dont know when I can watch season 2. Watched season 1 when PSVue gave us 2 months of HBO

Does anyone know when we can watch the second season even?

I guess they came out and said Spring 2018.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
He was in House of Cards for a hot minute too, right? I couldn't get over that also.

Does anyone know when we can watch the second season even?

I guess they came out and said Spring 2018.

I really dont know. I got behind on my DVR on Gotham season 3 and some of them disappeared and had to wait until last week to watch the last half dozen episodes on amazon. All caught up with that including the season 4 premier

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I forgot he was in House of Cards! And yeah I think spring or summer 2018, if GoT isn't ready for summer 2018 I can see Westworld taking its spot on sunday nights in the summer

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Haha seriously..talk about outside-the-box casting. The last time I had even seen him prior to Always Sunny was in that Jason Biggs-Mena Suvari movie Loser.

Honestly, he's really good at it. "YOU WILL CALL HER!"

its weird when the comic actors cross over for me sometimes. Craig Robinson is on Mr. Robot and he is has turned out to be a major dick on that show.

I can't wait for the new season next month. Such a great f***ing show.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Also, Westworld is a phenomenal show, you really have to pay attention, but the season finale my mind was completely blown. Cannot wait for season 2.

As someone who has and continues to study philosophy of mind, futurism, transhumanism, the singularity, et cetera, I seek out these shows. I thought it was pretty good, not great, with potential. One bias I particularly dislike is carbocentrism (as applied to both robots and aliens) in regards to the ability to have consciousness or experience qualia (pain, Gestalt items) or have will (which I consider better defined as 'having the ability to' as I agree with compatibilism). This show drops skepticism all over the carbocentric assumption and raises some ethical concerns, so I clamor onto that. The better mainstream feature on these items is Ex Machina, which is friggen entertaining. Made me really enjoy Oscar Isaac as an actor as well.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
As someone who has and continues to study philosophy of mind, futurism, transhumanism, the singularity, et cetera, I seek out these shows. I thought it was pretty good, not great, with potential. One bias I particularly dislike is carbocentrism (as applied to both robots and aliens) in regards to the ability to have consciousness or experience qualia (pain, Gestalt items) or have will (which I consider better defined as 'having the ability to' as I agree with compatibilism). This show drops skepticism all over the carbocentric assumption and raises some ethical concerns, so I clamor onto that. The better mainstream feature on these items is Ex Machina, which is friggen entertaining. Made me really enjoy Oscar Isaac as an actor as well.

Uh, I understood about sixteen words during this post.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My addiction lately has been Rick and Morty. That show is way, way better than I expected. Easily one of my favorite animated shows ever already.

I haven't watched the new season yet, but yeah, it is fantastic. It's one of those like "Arrested Development," where you can go back and catch a bunch of things you missed the first time through.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think I've missed the last couple episodes. Haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

Rick Potion #9 is such an amazing episode, especially for a first season of a show. And it makes me randomly remember that their "family" is not their original one :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Nike is involved. They had a place of their’s raided by the FBI the other day.

Wasn't it because one of the founders of one of those youth basketball leagues worked for Nike? It wasn't a real direct link, but they are probably shitting their pants right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad