OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrocks66

Nov 22, 2015
has anyone figured out how to ignore threads??
and if they have can you help an old man out

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This board looks a lot better on a mobile device. Too much empty space on the desktop version.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Dick Vitale went HAM last night.
Heard it last night on the Freddie and Fitz show on ESPNradio. He is PISSED off.
I would not be shocked if this trickles into college football. you just know those coaches that were arrested are going to sing like a bird when they get told how much prison time they are looking at.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dick Vitale went HAM last night.
Heard it last night on the Freddie and Fitz show on ESPNradio. He is PISSED off.
I would not be shocked if this trickles into college football. you just know those coaches that were arrested are going to sing like a bird when they get told how much prison time they are looking at.

I don't think it will. That's not to say kids aren't getting paid coming out of high school but no one is investing $100K+ into a football player coming out of high school. It's just not worth the investment for the school, agents, or apparel companies like it is in basketball. The agents & apparel companies aren't approaching a kid until he's closer to playing in the NFL. A school booster isn't going to spend a $100K+ on a football player when you have 85 scholarship players & these top kids flame out at higher rate.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Apparently Pitino is "coach #2" in the FBI's report. He funneled $100K through Adidas for top recruit Brian Bowen.

He's an oily piece of shit (although still less oily than the Exxon Valdez, AKA John Calipari) and the fact that he inherited my beloved Louisville has sickened me for years.

Denny Crum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rick Pitino

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He's an oily piece of shit (although still less oily than the Exxon Valdez, AKA John Calipari) and the fact that he inherited my beloved Louisville has sickened me for years.

Denny Crum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rick Pitino

If Calipari comes out of this clean I'll be amazed. The NCAA caught him twice.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I find it rather sad that the FBI is even looking into this. In some regards as a society why do we even care about money being funneled to athletes? In the end what does it really matter? Some school got some better players? Whatever. I think this nonsense speaks volumes about how backwards of a society we live in that we place sports above education.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I find it rather sad that the FBI is even looking into this. In some regards as a society why do we even care about money being funneled to athletes? In the end what does it really matter? Some school got some better players? Whatever. I think this nonsense speaks volumes about how backwards of a society we live in that we place sports above education.

They stumbled into it. They arrested an investment banker for a unrelated crime & he offered up full access to this world. He put their case on a silver platter for them. Obviously they're more concerned with the big players (the corporations & schools opposed to the players) & theyre targeting all that untaxed money being exchanged.

It is odd that they of all people finally brought it down but it's not like they just decided one day to pursue it on a long shot.

Last edited:

hrocks66

Nov 22, 2015
don't let that clicky thing that clicks on threads that you want to read do that clicky thing on such a thread?

thanks for that very detailed and concise response I think haha...
yea i know.....
some threads are simply like train wreaks... i would just prefer not to stare
at the carnage

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
TV show talk again, a month after finishing Breaking Bad and 3rd series of Black Mirror, I decided to start with something new: currently finished the 4th episode of Westworld. Another well made show imo, Harris and Hopkins are brilliant and the setting and the idea behind it is captivating. My bucket list involved quite a few gems I guess

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
TV show talk again, a month after finishing Breaking Bad and 3rd series of Black Mirror, I decided to start with something new: currently finished the 4th episode of Westworld. Another well made show imo, Harris and Hopkins are brilliant and the setting and the idea behind it is captivating. My bucket list involved quite a few gems I guess

Westworld was great. I'm anxiously awaiting the next season. Have you had a chance to watch Ozark yet? Bateman is pretty fantastic in it. It got really dark real quick.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Fantastic show. Cant wait for S2!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
thanks for that very detailed and concise response I think haha...
yea i know.....
some threads are simply like train wreaks... i would just prefer not to stare
at the carnage

I recommend that the revision to this new layout / next version (whichever comes first!) include a thread-meter with two options:
• Still on topic
• Off the rails

The Flyers board, of course, could have some customized ones, like "Oh ****, they're arguing about Leighton again" and "Nolan Patrick pus-face levels of bunny trail!"

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If Calipari comes out of this clean I'll be amazed. The NCAA caught him twice.

If Calipari comes out unscathed, it's only because an assistant jumped on the grenade or they just can't prove it this time. The one I really wonder about is Kansas. They never get mentioned, but I just don't see how you can stay on top that long if you're clean when it's as systemic as we've all known it is for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad