Post-Game Talk: 5 minutes of work doesn't equal a win, Jets lose in OT 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Pionk looked especially rough all night in the D-zone, I thought.
Bobby Pionk made a nice offensive play earlier but instead of continuing to the net he turned back and passed the puck right to a Knight. Go to the net and good things happen.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What's going to be the excuse if we miss the playoffs?
Our D isn't very good and our bottom 6 are questionable. All the more reason to be happy with 5 points on a 3 game western swing

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Are you delusional enough to look at our line up and think that we should be dominant? And how many teams are currently built in such a way that they should dominate game in and game out?

Learn to find some joy in little victories. Then again, some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy.

It's like you're making my points for me. I'll be happy when I'm happy with how the team is playing. I was happy after the Blues game. I was happy for the last half of the Arizona game. The rest of the time I haven't been, because the Jets are playing like ass.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Lowry is also "the face off guy" and they won the game in Colorado when they started, so it's not simply a message.

Worst game I can remember seeing the team play in quite some time. The fact that they got a point is a miracle in and of itself, so I'm not going to bemoan OT choices or what have you, no need to get greedy.

They need to come out firing against some weaker opponents in the home stand here. At least 5 of 6 points. Otherwise their current record really doesn't mean much because it's not sustainable.
Good point -
But I hope there was also a message in there somewhere -

Reactions: GNP

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It's like you're making my points for me. I'll be happy when I'm happy with how the team is playing. I was happy after the Blues game. I was happy for the last half of the Arizona game. The rest of the time I haven't been, because the Jets are playing like ass.
I'll be super happy when we're playing well and racking up wins.

But I'm still happy we're winning and not playing well.

Good teams find ways to win even when they aren't playing well. Maybe it will come together and we string together most games that resemble the Blues game. Maybe the wheels fall off. In the meantime, why not be OK with the fact that we're sitting 10th overall?

Personally, I think you're being unreasonable. Save your shitty moods for when it falls apart, if it does.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
While the result stinks given Helle’s effort, I still look to that blatant missed call on Barron that tied it up.

How this isn’t a black and white tripping call is beyond me.

5/6 is nice but man, the Jets were winning ugly this trip.

View attachment 601205
if you had looked at the replay barron went down on his own....the stick didnt touch any part of barron.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
You have to be a real kind of special to think putting Lowry and Appleton out in OT is a good idea.
They were out for a couple of shifts and held there own - and they were not out there when we lost.
I love watching Scheif, ,KC, etc when they have the puck - but you have to be some kind of special if you like them when they don't have it.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Florida under Maurice THRIVING with some of the best metrics in the league. Jets under the new coach a basement dweller. Maurice wasn't the problem with this group. Poorly constructed roster by the GM. They are not just losing but getting blown the f*** out of the building both tonight and in LA with only Helle keeping them in it.

PLD useless... can't generate anything at 5v5. LOL @ anyone calling him a 1C. I'll take 2011-2016 Little any day over him
Screenshot_20221030_224004.jpg

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
wasnt a bad road trip....sure could have been a lot worse....next game against the habs will be interesting, with the habs playing recently with the youth.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
But metrics dude. Metrics. Won't someone think of the metrics?

Lol.
Metrics?
Why not just watch the scoreboard?
If it's all about the standings, why watch the games?
You gotta like what you're watching - the final score is just the result.
I get that the negative can be over the top - but there are things to complain about regardless of the standings.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

You need to learn that sports are entertainment and if its not entertaining for you, you can just shut the TV off. I did that against Arizona. It was boring so I shut it off. There is no need to be angry or upset over millionaires playing a kids game

Metrics?
Why not just watch the scoreboard?
If it's all about the standings, why watch the games?
You gotta like what you're watching - the final score is just the result.
I get that the negative can be over the top - but there are things to complain about regardless of the standings.

One day some of you will learn sports are entertainment and if you don't like it, you can shut it off. I don't get the going from one extreme to the other every game. To me that's insanity. Jets are here for my entertainment.

5 3 1 after 9 is better than everyone thought they would be. I mean early in the year its nice to steal points or wins cuz at the end of the year all those points add up. These games we have no business getting points in are the difference at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad