Post-Game Talk: 5 minutes of work doesn't equal a win, Jets lose in OT 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Florida under Maurice THRIVING with some of the best metrics in the league. Jets under the new coach a basement dweller. Maurice wasn't the problem with this group. Poorly constructed roster by the GM. They are not just losing but getting blown the f*** out of the building both tonight and in LA with only Helle keeping them in it.

PLD useless... can't generate anything at 5v5. LOL @ anyone calling him a 1C. I'll take 2011-2016 Little any day over him

Maurice lost this group. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach. He's got a real strong team in Florida and they are playing well.

But yes there are also clear holes on this roster.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Lets hope Nik is ready to come back soon, the lines need to be straighten out
I’d like to see Heinola back over Slumberg, that and keeping Morrissey and Pionk split up..Spread out the vets..
Flowby and Confetti looked fairly good, forwards really need to get back faster and backcheck..
Line changes with Ehlers back should be interesting. We could use some breakout systems and more speed on the second and third lines.
Not sure where Wheeler belongs, but it doesn’t feel like top 6 anymore..

Reactions: bustamente

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
They need to trade one of their defensemen for someone that can actually sit in the middle 6 and get up the ice.
5 3 1 after 9. I'll bet lots of you predicted that judging by the rage

The Jets have outplayed their opponents in all 9 games exactly 1.5 (the .5 is Arizona)/9. This is the worst that the Jets have been dominated in a single game in recent memory. There is no sugarcoating this or "escaping with a point". No, we're past that. This isn't a team that we know can be good, but had a bad night. This team has been beyond mediocre.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
This was like a peak 18-19 game for me. This and the Kings game, which is disappointing after a great effort & display against the Blues.

Our top pair is struggling mightily. Idk how much more of pionk I can watch up there.

To me the biggest jets weakness has been puck movement out of the dzone. This is where all the chaos stems from imo.
Pionk is not very smart - hockey wise
He floats one in on goal - in OT - which is simply a turnover - because he is tired.
And then tries a no look back pass - in OT - another turnover.

I watched all of this one - and it was painful.
As a fan, you need to stick with it I guess
But man, do we have major issues with our game - blue line and top 6.

Loved our bottom 6 - they are showing the way and you can only hope that KC, Scheif, Wheels, can learn to put that kind of effort in when not on offense. If they do, we can be competitive - if they don't, it will be a long season for Helle.

Stole a point - didn't deserve it and I kind of wish we didn't get it - a blow out might have been what it takes to wake up a few of these guys.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
They need to trade one of their defensemen for someone that can actually sit in the middle 6 and get up the ice.

The Jets have outplayed their opponents in all 9 games exactly 1.5 (the .5 is Arizona)/9. This is the worst that the Jets have been dominated in a single game in recent memory. There is no sugarcoating this or "escaping with a point". No, we're past that. This isn't a team that we know can be good, but had a bad night. This team has been beyond mediocre.

KLHpmmz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad