Post-Game Talk: 5 minutes of work doesn't equal a win, Jets lose in OT 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They need to trade one of their defensemen for someone that can actually sit in the middle 6 and get up the ice.

The Jets have outplayed their opponents in all 9 games exactly 1.5 (the .5 is Arizona)/9. This is the worst that the Jets have been dominated in a single game in recent memory. There is no sugarcoating this or "escaping with a point". No, we're past that. This isn't a team that we know can be good, but had a bad night. This team has been beyond mediocre.
"We're not winning right!"

I'll take being outplayed and winning over dominating and losing

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don't get the decision to start with Lowry and Appleton, but you're afraid to give Perfetti any ice in OT? Like... did Scheifele really need to play the entire OT?
Lowry and Apples starting OT was a message (I hope) - they work hard. There wouldn't be an OT without the work from these guys - so yes, put them out there and make a statement.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Lowry and Apples starting OT was a message (I hope) - they work hard. There wouldn't be an OT without the work from these guys - so yes, put them out there and make a statement.

Lowry is also "the face off guy" and they won the game in Colorado when they started, so it's not simply a message.

Worst game I can remember seeing the team play in quite some time. The fact that they got a point is a miracle in and of itself, so I'm not going to bemoan OT choices or what have you, no need to get greedy.

They need to come out firing against some weaker opponents in the home stand here. At least 5 of 6 points. Otherwise their current record really doesn't mean much because it's not sustainable.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Playing (and winning) like we did tonight is not sustainable. Then, it just turns into being dominated AND losing.
Teams have bad games.

Teams have other teams they don't match up well with

The whole point is to get points and make the playoffs. We did that this road trip

We clearly have work to do. We haven't even had our new coach behind the bench. Ehlers is hurt. There's a lot of room for improvement

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Teams have bad games.

Teams have other teams they don't match up well with

The whole point is to get points and make the playoffs. We did that this road trip

We clearly have work to do. We haven't even had our new coach behind the bench. Ehlers is hurt. There's a lot of room for improvement
What's going to be the excuse if we miss the playoffs?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
5 3 1. 11 points. That's all that matters

How they got 11 points? Who cares

They have a better record than everyone thought they would

"We're not winning right!"

I'll take being outplayed and winning over dominating and losing

I'm well past the point of "Who cares how they win so long as they win?". We've been doing this 11 years at this point. I want them to look like they deserve to win. We've seen it for all of 2 seasons. I don't think that's an unreasonable ask.

*psst* The Jets still lost 4 games. The dominant teams have won their games against the Jets.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
While the result stinks given Helle’s effort, I still look to that blatant missed call on Barron that tied it up.

How this isn’t a black and white tripping call is beyond me.

5/6 is nice but man, the Jets were winning ugly this trip.

923BD7A5-8B5C-413B-A776-1F3C62C4CC1C.jpeg

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
There is a vast difference between the quality of the Knights vs the Jets.

But throwing Lowry and Appleton out in OT while Perfetti sits is simply embarrassing and bush league coaching.

Our fourth line looked real good again.
I think starting with Lowry was fine. Face offs are so important. But I do agree that Perfetti should have seen the ice in overtime. You want your smartest players out there.

Reactions: GNP and thereturn

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm well past the point of "Who cares how they win so long as they win?". We've been doing this 11 years at this point. I want them to look like they deserve to win. We've seen it for all of 2 seasons. I don't think that's an unreasonable ask.

*psst* The Jets still lost 4 games. The dominant teams have won their games against the Jets.
Are you delusional enough to look at our line up and think that we should be dominant? And how many teams are currently built in such a way that they should dominate game in and game out?

Learn to find some joy in little victories. Then again, some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad