Value of: 5 first round picks vs Bedard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 first round picks or Bedard

• Bedard

Votes: 293 93.6%
  • 9th, 18th, 21st, 26th, 30th

Votes: 20 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
There is always a deal but unlikely this year ...
Would.be an extreme overpayment and cripple the other team for a decade ..

1rst overall
For
3 first in 23
First in 24
First in 25
2nd in 24
2nd in 25
3rd in 26
4th in 24
Grade A prospect x 2
Grade x 2
Valuable roster player x 2

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Colorado tried to trade for Lecavalier with 4 picks in 1998. TB said no. Even though it could be argued that Tanguay was the better player, and that all 4 players were a better asset as a whole than Lecavalier, I don't think TB ever had regrets.

Bedard is likely to be significantly better than Lecavalier, so the point still stands.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Tougher question: would you choose Bedard over having the next five first overall picks? So, for example, are you taking Crosby or are you taking Stamkos, Tavares, Eric Johnson, Talylor Hall, and Patrick Kane?

As for the OPs question, no chance I’m trading him for five first round picks with some in the teens and twenties. Not a chance.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The one scenario where 5 1st round picks might be tempting is if a team like San Jose offers 5 unprotected firsts. San Jose is going to be bad for a few seasons. So let’s say they get the 3rd overall this year. They could offer 3rd overall, probably top 5 picks for 2 or 3 seasons and maybe a top 10 pick for 1 or 2 seasons. That would be tempting.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
For pretty much every team Bedard.

Unless you have very solid scouts. I can’t think off the top of my head any teams id trust with those picks over Bedard but I’m sure there are a handful of teams with scouts good enough to make it worth it

What if it was picks #2 thru #6 in this year's draft?

Id take the picks in this scenario

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bedard is untradeable.

Overused here, happens to be right in this case though.

Like McDavid, Crosby, Ovechkin. A true generational talent.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Over fantilli,carlsson,michkov,benson and Smith? I might take those picks...idk lol

If you are trying to build a team I think you take Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, your choice of a forward (Benson, Smith, etc.) and then you trade back and take a defenseman and get more picks or a young prospect. I would trade Bedard for picks 2-6 and then get Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Benson, and for trading #6 I’d get something like Simashev and a 2024 first.

Reactions: HabsForHire

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Tougher question: would you choose Bedard over having the next five first overall picks? So, for example, are you taking Crosby or are you taking Stamkos, Tavares, Eric Johnson, Talylor Hall, and Patrick Kane?

As for the OPs question, no chance I’m trading him for five first round picks with some in the teens and twenties. Not a chance.

This IMO is the more compelling question and you take the 5 1OA picks each time. That said you also have to wait five years for it to play out.

McDavid

Vs

Matthews, Hischier, Dahlin, Hughes, Lafreniere

So you have a deadly 1, 2, 3 Centre combo down the middle, a 1D and Lafreniere. That's pretty much the basis of a contending team.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd take 2 through 6 ahead of Bedard. But definitely not the original package. I think Bedard is the best prospect we've seen since Crosby.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
You people are overrating bedard. If it was 5 picks in the top 10 of this draft I’ll take the picks every time no question. One player doesn’t win championships boys! Look at the oilers

Michkov, Fantilli, Reinbacher, Carlsson, and benson > bedard any day

Michkov may even be better than bedard right now for Christ sake

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bedard is trending towards looking like a legit star and possibly Crosby McDavid territory.

You get that #1 overall in the lottery drawing and Bedard might as well go house hunting in that city the next day. You m can’t trade this type of potential unless it’s such an astronomical offer but that would be unrealistic.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
I'd take 2 through 6 ahead of Bedard. But definitely not the original package. I think Bedard is the best prospect we've seen since Crosby.
Well I’d hope so considering michkov has a case of being better than bedard lol

Bedard is trending towards looking like a legit star and possibly Crosby McDavid territory.

You get that #1 overall in the lottery drawing and Bedard might as well go house hunting in that city the next day. You m can’t trade this type of potential unless it’s such an astronomical offer but that would be unrealistic.
The guy going after him is trending to be the next ovechkin

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Given how strong this years class is, think that’s a no brainer. Even just 2 and 3 is probably better.

What’s the lowest 5 picks in a row you’d take for Bedard? Like 10-14?
Probably better?? Michkov might be better than bedard right now lol. Too bad he’s in Russia

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Should be Bedard or the next five picks. (Pick 2,3,4,5, and 6 overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad