GDT: #5 | Canucks at Flyers | Saturday, October 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM Normal Time | NBCSP

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The results are one thing, especially tonight where they looked a bit tired after a long road trip, but individually some unsettling starts.

Tippett can't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Foerster has been VERY quiet since night one.
Sanheim looks like old Sanheim & that ain't good.
York hasn't been very good.
Ristolainen looks brutal as does Zamula.
Fedotov is a trainwreck.
Coots is absolutely toast.

Reactions: snoop88

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Didn’t watch much of the game but it seems there was little to like. The season may be young but center and defensive depth can tank the season. A positive from that is it would result in a very high draft pick. No way to get a top pick and look good while losing. Torts probably doesn’t survive a disaster season either. Still early though

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Think I watched a bit of STG that alluded to it being John that primarily pushed for Luchanko to stay up with the team.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Luchanko got his cup of coffee, knows he can play in the NHL, but also knows that he's far away from being an impact NHLer. Time to go back to Guelph. Bring up Kolosov in his place and carry three goalies for a bit so they can scratch Ersson when he doesn't start.

Maybe now that they're home, they'll get some practices to find lines that actually stick together. The early season blender has been a factor, though maybe not a huge one, in the disjointed play of the forwards.

For the love of god, please get Andrae into some games, either in the NHL or AHL.

I never thought I'd see the day that I would want Nick Seeler in the lineup because I thought it would improve the team's transition game, but we're there, folks.

The effort Couts put in during the third period is why he's captain. He was trying to will a result out of a collection of players that wanted nothing but to go home.

A few guys flashed some positives tonight. Michkov, Frost, Drysdale, Sanheim, even Laughton... but it was a dreadful night for everyone but Ersson, in reality.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I get it. They are tanking.

When Ersson is in net, they can take a break and let him shine.

When Fedotov is in net, they can actually try to work hard and appeal to the fans, while giving them a single target to focus their anger on.

I really wish that I could believe that.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyerNutter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad