Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Isles in Shootout

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
not sure how much longer this is going to last with 1 guy scoring on a regular basis. Slaf, Dach, Suzuki... I mean come on

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't blame the refs for that disgraceful effort, even if they were bad.

They had control of the game after the 2 to 2 comeback. Isles were allowed to interfere and hold, then the penalty parade started for us in the 3rd and we couldn't get established. Almost half the third was a penalty kill.

Can t blame it on the refs when you get outshot 36 to 24…. They can t get the puck back and when they have it they don t have a proper transition game in place. Look at the third NYI goal, passive forecheck of your first line doing nothing… this team has a lot of issues. They are lucky their goalies have saved them several times and they have had puck luck (e.g. CC) because they could be 1-5-0 easily…
This team does not care to win or even play hockey at this stage.

It was 24 to 20 when the penalties started in the 3rd. Obviously one team is gonna take over the shot clock being on the PP for half the period.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That was not a good defensive effort but hey what do I know?
You see things. :sarcasm:

P2k64PE.gif

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
2nd line is dogshit since the start of the season.
Dach needs reps but that line needs a shake-up. Heineman-Dach-Kapanen, have Kap take the draws.
Dach is -8, Newhook is -7.

These two have to take a real hard look in the mirror and realise that their previous teams threw the towel quickly on them and the opportunity they are getting here hinges on them progressing this season. They are wetting the bed pretty hard right now.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Garballagher and Dumb Donkey back to mediocrity. Bet they miss those freebies now that they aren’t playing against a rusty Jeremy Swayman.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Caufield needs to stop going 5-hole in 80% of his breakaways and shootouts. Just shelf it damn it!

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Much better effort than last game, rookies looking really good, Primeau head a great redemption game, Dach will need much more time to get back to where he was, Slav invisible tonight, lots of bad penalties. I don't mind this game, they never gave up.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
How do we possibly look worse than last season? I don't think we looked this bad even after the TDL. There's gotta be some way to squeeze more out of the players we have. It just doesn't make sense how brutal we are defensively.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I would put Newhook in the middle of those 2 and put Dvorak with Dach because Dach isnt a center at all.

I really liked Dach at time of his draft then I liked the gamble to trade for him. However, right now, he does not look like a NHL player, let alone a 2C.

Of course he has not played in a year so I d give him 20 games this season before making a judgement but I would like to see him on 3rd or 4th line right now. Last year Newhook Armia Roy looked quite good together, if you want to keep Roy in the AHL, I d try Heinemann Newhook Armia and see how they work together. If Armia does not get going then you bring Kapanen to the line instead of him.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How do we possibly look worse than last season? I don't think we looked this bad even after the TDL. There's gotta be some way to squeeze more out of the players we have. It just doesn't make sense how brutal we are defensively.

We're looking worse because most of our important players (top 6/top 4) are not playing well. Caufield and Hutson are the only ones of that group that is playing up to expectations.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad