Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I agree but who calls them sweaters? Is that an American thing?
When saying "hockey sweater" Americans think they are demonstrating their knowledge of the game but using the proper term, but they don't realize that most hockey fans switched to saying jerseys many decades ago. Or maybe SVP is just old? I do appreciate that he tries to sell hockey hard on SportsCenter.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
When saying "hockey sweater" Americans think they are demonstrating their knowledge of the game but using the proper term, but they don't realize that most hockey fans switched to saying jerseys many decades ago. Or maybe SVP is just old? I do appreciate that he tries to sell hockey hard on SportsCenter.
Whenever you hear the word sweater I for one certainly dont ever think of piece of clothing with a team logo on it.
A jersey however...that automatically conjures up an image of something sports related.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
My brother is a Flames fan but I think I converted him. Last night he texted me after every goal .

The first message was about a truck load of water. He got to drive to High River for water .
View attachment 885751
My brother lives in Calgary as well. Huge Flames fan. Hates the Oil. Always chirping. I told him your city has no water and to top that you are building your new arena on the very flood plain that sunk the Dome a few years back. They are such an easy target.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I have re-watched the highlights many times, and I don't know if I am imagining this, but on the first goal, did Draisaitl make a conscious decision to quickly push the puck over the blue line to avoid Holloway or Foegele being offside and then pull it back right away to slow things down and control the play before ultimately making that beautiful saucer pass to Foegele?

Either way a beauty of a goal.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
So 2 home W's in a row and the Snet broadcast doesn't go back to Amerrat arena to show us how the Florida fans there are enjoying the games. They were doing that constantly when Panthers were winning.

Interesting editorial decisions.

Maybe the NHL doesn't want you to see that theres hardly any watch party left in Florida, probably isn't.

Wonder if theres as many Oiler fans in the stands on Monday. Fill that rink up Canada!

If they did that for Florida , it'd just be shots of an open field

Reactions: McDoused

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So much of the hockey world is trying to figure out what happened to the 3-0 lead. The 3-0 lead was always a mirage. We dominated the Cats with the exact gameplan we needed in Game 1. We just couldn’t execute on the rush and hadn’t yet emphasized how to best Bob.

Agreed. We definitely didn’t play that badly to be down 3-0 in the series. I thought we should have had a 2-1 lead in the series or at least 1-2 as we vastly outplayed Florida in that first game as well as in game 3 to a lesser extent (We just managed to collapse for a few minutes in Game 3, with Florida capitalizing on nearly every scoring chance they had).

Anyone who has been watching this series from start to finish can see that we are the better team. Hopefully the better team raises the cup on Monday :nod:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Agreed. We definitely didn’t play that badly to be down 3-0 in the series. I thought we should have had a 2-1 lead in the series or at least 1-2 as we vastly outplayed Florida in that first game as well as in game 3 to a lesser extent (We just managed to collapse for a few minutes in Game 3, with Florida capitalizing on nearly every scoring chance they had).

Anyone who has been watching this series from start to finish can see that we are the better team. Hopefully the better team raises the cup on Monday :nod:
Yes. I really wonder wtf hockey analysts actually do. It’s like they just use surface stats and make a call that can be backed by stats. None of them seem to be able to read game stories outside of stats. Watching games 1-3 and it should have been obvious this wasn’t a 3-0 sweep type series.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just about to rewatch the game sober and without the distractions of the confirmed BEST fans in Hockey.

This “best fans” narrative I heard pushed by Rishaugh today on GYB. Rishaugh said every market in the League will say we have the best fans in the League.

I’ve always known this, but it’s time to push this narrative hard now that we’ve shown the hockey world who we are.

BEST FANS IN HOCKEY CONFIRMED. The mains should hear about this for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad