Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
"I expect Amerant arena to be the loudest building we've played in the entire post season on Monday." - Tkachuk 🤡

Did they manage to get a hold of one of those men in black memory erasure devices or something? That's a hot take so hot it's bordering on bizarre unhealthy delusion.
Almost certain I saw a close up shot of Tkachuk looking up at a our raucous crowd and shaking his head like "f*** its loud"

There's no way he thinks Amerant can even get close to us. He's just saying things, trying to set expectations, trying to get his fanbase motivated.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Glad to see Rishaug’s Health Hand-Wringers are ready for the game tomorrow as well

Reactions: oobga

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
W-H-I-T-E O-U-T 403 needs so much therapy lmao

"I'm not trying to start any ####, but I don't know what's worse. Watching this bull#### on tv or reading some Flames "fans" compliment the oilers. This ill built team is centered around a generational player who was acquired after winning a lottery that they themselves forced the league to create, because they were so #### for years. They have an alleged wife beater on their team to boot, and I'm seeing compliments about them? What in the actual ####"

Poor chap. Fell bad for his kids

Reactions: Oilhawks

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
My brother lives in Calgary as well. Huge Flames fan. Hates the Oil. Always chirping. I told him your city has no water and to top that you are building your new arena on the very flood plain that sunk the Dome a few years back. They are such an easy target.
And they needed the province to get involved to build their new arena.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Almost certain I saw a close up shot of Tkachuk looking up at a our raucous crowd and shaking his head like "f*** its loud"

There's no way he thinks Amerant can even get close to us. He's just saying things, trying to set expectations, trying to get his fanbase motivated.
He added…the city is going crazy. I can say for sure no one in ft Lauderdale cares. I have friends that live there and no cares about the Stanley cup (outside of who is in the arena). It’s June 23rd, in Florida, by the ocean.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He added…the city is going crazy. I can say for sure no one in ft Lauderdale cares. I have friends that live there and no cares about the Stanley cup (outside of who is in the arena). It’s June 23rd, in Florida, by the ocean.
I could see it. #nopassion. And this is why we deserve it. Reading Panthers fans online, I’m seeing ALOT saying they are done with hockey if this year ends up in failure.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
I really hate this “goal-less” Drai narrative that I’ve heard mentioned a couple times now by Sports media. Tonight it was mentioned that his goal-less drought continues on TSN. Heard the 0 goals being emphasized too on SN and others as well.

Seems like an assist was always known to be just as valueable as a goal to me. I mean the official points counting of the NHL for over 100 years values it that way. It definitely was when Gretzky was getting his flowers. It was even as Crosby and Thornton racked them up. I think today’s overrating of goal scoring over assists happened with the advent of the Matthews era and the need to overrate him. Or maybe it was the analytics era which has its own argument.

But on the topic of this short sample, these SCFs and in regards to Drai. You won’t find a better assist then the one he laid out in Game 6. An assist that shows his true value as one of the all time great playoff beasts. Very few players in the world could have created that assist and it started in the neutral zone with a great read on the play, anticipating we would stuff an entry, then great hand eye and athleticism in reaching for that errant puck, and of course the delay and sauce pass speaks for itself. That’s more valueable than the goal Foegle scored in this instance and in a lot of instances with all time greats.
It in't if Foegle misses the net.

First goal is everything. I just hope Florida doesn’t come out and overwhelm scoring 2 quick goals or something. That’s what I’ve feared the last 3 games and edm was able to score first i think. That and skinner suddenly deciding to have a brutal game. You’d hate to see edm get blown out like 6-1. Lol.
6-1 is my hopeful prediction in favour of the Oilers.

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
Edmonton Oilers: America's Team
GPqGsYHWkAEojFD.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad