Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Seen today all the way over here in Zurich, Switzerland!

4f8a4bf3-fc00-4918-acb1-4e765acf899e.jpeg

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I'm to Vain to ever change mine
McDavid hosting Stanley is the only change I decided to ever make. One more WIN for Ben for Colby For Gags and Cogs and Hemmer and Pisani, for Hall Eberle and Klefbom for Todd Nelson and Even for MacT. If not for the suffering of all those guys we would not be where we are today. Let’s bring it home and make sure all the pain was worth it.

By the way I see what you did there and I like it :laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I know this isn’t serious but it might actually be true. I think this run surpassed 06 and that was something I didnt think was possible.
You'd be surprised. When Oilers were winning cups in the 80's there were deep throngs of fans celebrating DT in the parade going all the way to Commonwealth which was pretty full. I was there so I know.

The City had half the population then. For a game 7 watch party? They could sell 50K tickets easy. Probably more.

As one ode to hockey in summer would be nice.

Logistics of getting suitable screen. But at 20bucks a ticket and concessions lot of money to be had. A tidy 1M on just gate.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Excellent TDL add that management took heat for from some
Also read on the Anaheim board that all of our GWG's this series have come from former Ducks :laugh:

And I gotta say, after the bittersweet experience of seeing Maroon and Cogliano get their Cups with other teams, it'd sure be nice to be on the other side for a change. Both Perry and Henrique gave a lot of their best years to some pretty bad Ducks teams. And Perry ending his SCF curse would be an incredible finish to a 20-year career.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
My brother is a Flames fan but I think I converted him. Last night he texted me after every goal .

The first message was about a truck load of water. He got to drive to High River for water .
View attachment 885751

I've been doing this for a buddy who is no low-service areas out on the rail lol.

I think I'd quit my job first. But I was smart/lucky enough not to have kids to feed.

Reactions: McDoused

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Dangle can be an eccentric goofball at times, but this was a really good take. About how other teams fans would kill for what we are experiencing. This has gone from a once or twice in a lifetime experience to a ' you may never see something like this every again' out of body experience. 31st in the league and left for dead in November. Written off and left for dead in both the Canucks and Stars series. Left for beyond dead in this series against the Panthers. We are lucky enough to be able to witness and be along for the ride on something that may never ever happen again. It is really hard to describe or put into words. Just taking the time to reflect on the long journey its been to get to this remarkable, crazy point. I truly believe this is a season of destiny that will come to fruition on Monday night. I can't wait.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Funny how on the main Stanley Cup board people laughed when I posted his stats for games 4-7 in the playoffs saying he was still lousy.

It's...

He's been great at times when we've needed him to be but let's not re-write history with him. All four teams we've played got at least one game spotted to them by Skinner. He's still no good on his skates. He still shouldn't be so confident playing the puck.

We've been saying the Oilers needed average goaltending to win and in the aggregate that's all they've gotten. Truly bad goaltending and truly great goaltending canceling out to a .901 clip.

Can't fault his timing, though. He's been clutch in the bigger games. It's just that those games are bigger in large part because he wasn't clutch before.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Kinda funny seeing fans around the league for the most part supporting us now.

Although I have to say, Habs fans in particular have been nice for several rounds. Special shoutout to them, let’s do this for Canada
I've always had a kinder view of MTL fans in particular. Maybe because their franchise has also had many cups throughout their history, and they understand the game and are as passionate as the Oilers fan base. Nothing but respect for those cheering for us when many other fan bases will not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad